Fake Names

• Thread starter Deleted member 9102
  • Start date

Hooper

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Haha, well don't put to much effort into fake names! Because as soon as it comes out, people are going to be patching it and renaming all the players anyways:p

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
What I can tell you is that I have been working on the fake names and that they aren't going to be intentionally humorous (though if they are by accident, meh)
As I have alluded to in a previous post there is something fancy with the fake names in relation to commentary, I'll leave people guessing as to what exactly for a little bit longer (once I have finished them all and sent them through to LM probably)

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Are you going to be recording loads of different parts of names (syllables) maybe every single possible one (would take forever) and then be putting them together to make up a name.
Probs not that as it would take ages and could make it sound weird but it does make the fake names + commentary a non-issue.
Well it does solve the problem (would sound horrible, though), but not as well as has been planned. In other words, no cookie for you :D

D

Deleted member 9102

Edit: Chris Gayle

Last edited by a moderator:

Allrounder18

Banned
can you do the feature like NFL 2007 where the commentary name already selected(if the text name is in the database) based on the text of player names.

Damn :( I wanted that cookie ;).
Are you going to use Microsoft Sam? :p or some text-to-speech program?

Sam is very ugly.
go get him a make up kit

Last edited:

tassietiger

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Just stick a q at the end of everyones name, that'd be pretty subtle.

Virender Sehwagq
Muthiah Muralidaranq
Brett Leeq

Or have a button for "random player names" that 'randomly' pulls out all of the correct names.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
In the game somewhere there must be reference to PlanetCricket so that people will know where to download the patch from, some people will probably download the game but not know where to get the patch from and miss out on any mods that are released for the game.
I would very much doubt if that will be the case, there is a very fine legal line here that we can't cross. We are having fake names in the first place because we don't have the rights to use the real ones, if we then link to Planet Cricket in the game and a patch for that can be found here, then it is a kin to having real names in the first place. It is like if someone said "It is illegal to link to that download, but here is a link to a website that does link to it", you may as well be directly linking to it.

I think they 'll not put commentary in game ( player names ) and they will be released with the patch.
The names will be in the commentary and will not need to be patched.

Are you going to use Microsoft Sam? or some text-to-speech program?
All names will be read by the appropriate commentators.

Users who are viewing this thread