Fantasy Byte: Try it out now

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
But how would this work? Will the FC staff need to create 2 separate modes for the same series?
After giving it a thought, seems like there this can be avoided. Doing the selection process all over again for each match can be cumbersome. Not everyone might be keeping close tabs too on the close times of each match. Might give this another go shortly.

In the meantime, here's Step 2 of the user registration process. In this step, the user confirms his squad selection as well as selects his Captain and Vice captain. There is also an option to re-select the squad if the user has had a change of heart.

register_step2.gif

Till Valhalla

ICC Chairman
The Boys
Profile Flag
Papua New Guinea
But how would this work? Will the FC staff need to create 2 separate modes for the same series?
no idea, I just like the idea of selecting a 15 for whole tournament and playing, I think others might like to play with changing everyday.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
I just like the idea of selecting a 15 for whole tournament and playing, I think others might like to play with changing everyday.
I've not yet set this stone. So depending on the interest I can make it so.

Till Valhalla

ICC Chairman
The Boys
Profile Flag
Papua New Guinea
I've not yet set this stone. So depending on the interest I can make it so.
I think with changes everyday the scorers will have a hard time too because if they miss a day and people change their squad between scoring they might have hard time tracking unless it's automated.
Also it wouldn't be fair to compete the initial 15 setter and day to day changer.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
people change their squad between scoring they might have hard time tracking unless it's automated
Don't think scorers will need to keep track of user's XI. Scoring will not be automated, all that the scorers will be doing is inputting the player's data (runs, wickets, 4s, 6s etc). They don't need to know what changes a user has done to their team. That will be taken care by the system.

But having said that, I do see merit of your point of choosing squad just once for the entire series and do subs thereafter.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
@asprin what about this, scorers only input the runs/wickets/etc for a player at the end of the series/tournament, while participants can keep subbing players in between matches. We could have pre-fixed substitution windows

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
@asprin what about this, scorers only input the runs/wickets/etc for a player at the end of the series/tournament, while participants can keep subbing players in between matches. We could have pre-fixed substitution windows
Although would take away the fun of seeing the standings change after every match

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
That and imagine scoring a T20 league tournament that consists of 50-70 matches in one go.
No, i meant cumulative scoring. For example, Kohli got 170 runs, was dismissed twice, took three catches and one runout. So all that would be inserted together, not match-by-match

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
No, i meant cumulative scoring. For example, Kohli got 170 runs, was dismissed twice, took three catches and one runout. So all that would be inserted together, not match-by-match
Now that I think of this, I'm unable to think of a way to distribute the points. For example, member xyz had Kohli for 1st and 2nd match but subbed him for the 3rd match - so in this case the system won't know Kohli's score in each of the 3 matches to be able to award points to xyz for only the 1st and 2nd match.

On another note, here's a preview of the substitution activity:
make_sub.gif

As you can see, once you make a substitution it doesn't get set in stone. You can always go back and sub the already substituted player (as long as the match hasn't started and you have not reached the substitution limit) should you have a change of mind.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Now that I think of this, I'm unable to think of a way to distribute the points. For example, member xyz had Kohli for 1st and 2nd match but subbed him for the 3rd match - so in this case the system won't know Kohli's score in each of the 3 matches to be able to award points to xyz for only the 1st and 2nd match.
Makes sense. And inserting match-by-match scores at the end of the match eliminates the time save that would come with cumulative scoring, so better to keep the current system

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Since "scoring" is the next part that is up for development, a sneak peak into the ACP to allocate points based on the format being played.

View attachment 272801
This is fantastic. Previously, a 50 off 45 would have counted 67% more than a 30 off 10 in LOs. Now the boundary points will help even the odds.
Although could there be more points for boundaries in T20s?

Users who are viewing this thread