FAQ (new) 20/2/06

legend_master

The Art of Cricket Developer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Well, Madman had posted the old faq up here but it was really really dated and very brief, so i have slapped together this new updated FAQ - hopefully can summarise as much info as i can in this...

1) What is "The Cricket Project"?

The Cricket Project is a 3d cricket simulation video game designed to run on modern PC's, utilizing the latest technology available, aiming to make gameplay the number one priority, though the graphics and audio will be top notch too :) The title of "The Cricket Project" is merely a codename - the final name will be released much later. The vision is make a project that is the best 'underground' playable cricket sim released to date, attracting a cult following with the cricket gaming community - real fans, somewhat similar to how Linux is to Windows. Already it is gaining considerable support and interest from the community.

2) Tell me about the development team..

Legend_Master (Paul) is the lead programmer / artist / designer etc who has enabled the project to come to life. He is being assisted by some genius members from Planetcicket.net forums, noteably Kartik (JK16_4) and Hariz. Legend_Master (LM) is the driving force of the project, leading the game to it's current state. As development progresses, more and more members will assist with various different areas. For more detail check the "List of guys willing to help..." thread.

3) Will it be released free or be commercially available? In what form?

This has not yet been decided. If it is not free then it will be a very small amount, which will go towards covering costs of time and materials etc. and invested back into the game for further development (in form of new versions, add-on packs, updates and patches). Assuming it wont be commercially distributed, then most likely for download (a very large download). Dialup users may have trouble with such a large download so may be able to receive a packaged disc(s) format for a charge.

4) When will it be released?

There is no announced release date yet, though we are aiming towards the end of 06. Repeat, this is NOT an official release date. Currently it is almost half way to completion.

5) What are the system specs going to be?

No sure at this stage, though it is being optimized to run on mid-range machines of today (today being early '06), so by release most people should be able to run it without a hitch, though notebook users may have trouble getting an achievable frame rate. It is not going to be available on any other platform than PC

6) Tell us some of the features?

Enhanced realistic physics, emphasis on gameplay and realism, nice graphics and sound, immersive feel, multiplayer (p2p over lan or net or 2 player on one machine), full editability and customization, future support wrt patches and add-ons - for details check the main Discussion thread

7) Where are the screenshots??

check out http://www.thecricketproject.com for screens and videos and also in the "Friday Screenz" thread at Planetcricket.net There have also been screenz posted throughout the long general discussion thread

8) Why should I be interested in this game when i could just play the latest EA Sports or Codemasters release?

Because those games have eye candy but lack gameplay and replayability and AI - fans are crying out for a realistic game that caters for all their desires - TCP aims to deliver that game. TCP is the real deal, created by fans, for fans

Last edited:

Wildwil

International Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Hey LM can I do SA domestic kits and commentary and SA roster?

legend_master

yeah...hmm..let me distinguish...the multiplayer modes i had originally intended were this...

-Local LAN (TCP/IP)
-P2P over internet (TCP/IP) - this means playing one friend directly connected via the internet
-2 players local on one machine/keyboard

The mode i was not going to have was an 'Internet server based mode' where everyone connects to a server (via main meeting chat room) and then plays people...however seems like there is a high demandfor this? If i'm right then i will need to look into it, cos that wont be easy....

LM

siddharth2002

National Board President<br /><a href="showthread.
legend_master said:
The mode i was not going to have was an 'Internet server based mode' where everyone connects to a server (via main meeting chat room) and then plays people...however seems like there is a high demandfor this? If i'm right then i will need to look into it, cos that wont be easy....

LM
I think its gonna be hard as even if it happens, we will have to find high-speed free-servers or maybe talk to ISPs to host it for us.

embi

International Coach
Well, should we just have one "official" server or should it be so that anyone can set one up? The latter would make online play more popular.
The main problem with p2p is finding someone to play with, and its not such a good idea for everyone just to post their IP address on the forums.

I say we include server play, I would help with the programming.

tassietiger

International Cricketer
Use the planetcricket.org chatroom or something to swap IPs...that'd work.

siddharth2002

embi said:
Well, should we just have one "official" server or should it be so that anyone can set one up? The latter would make online play more popular.
The main problem with p2p is finding someone to play with, and its not such a good idea for everyone just to post their IP address on the forums.

its not easy to set-up ur own servers cause We usually have lesser upload speeds. An ideal server is hosted on a 100 Mbps line.

legend_master

embi said:

our IP's are already displayed under our avatars?

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
embi said:

as long as you have a good firewall, its not easy to do damage to your pc using your IP address..

and already each and everyone's IP is visible to the admins of this forum as they check for multiple accounts. So its not a big deal.

And why is the PM for? If you're not feeling safe posting ur IP in a thread, PM your IP address to the person (if he is from this forum!). Or even you can mail him and ask him to check his mail. Or if he has the same mode of chat that you have (e.g. Yahoo, MSN, etc), then you guys can chat over that messenger and then get down to play!

You have endless possibilities and also safe ones too!

siddharth2002

saisrini80 said:
as long as you have a good firewall, its not easy to do damage to your pc using your IP address..

and already each and everyone's IP is visible to the admins of this forum as they check for multiple accounts. So its not a big deal.

And why is the PM for? If you're not feeling safe posting ur IP in a thread, PM your IP address to the person (if he is from this forum!). Or even you can mail him and ask him to check his mail. Or if he has the same mode of chat that you have (e.g. Yahoo, MSN, etc), then you guys can chat over that messenger and then get down to play!

You have endless possibilities and also safe ones too!
Xfire is the one perfect for this.

Users who are viewing this thread