Features you want to see in next iteration of Big Ant Cricket

T.J.Hooker

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I'm not sure non-shitty ai cricket commentary is even possible but I think I'd rather see all efforts at description abandoned in favour of sparse, vague Richie Benaud ruminations.

Alberts

International Coach
Game modes:
- A manager mode to control a whole team (national or domestic) over a number of seasons
- Player development
- Team development

Replay
- Free camera
- More speed options

Commentary:
- More real cricket like commentary, i.e. Forget the match and make some odd comments about worms in the pitch or what you did about 30 years ago with no relation to cricket, basically just air filler
- In a manager mode have the English media whinge about the spirit of cricket if they ever lose to people from the sub continent

Gameplay:
- Control of the position of the keeper and slips, i.e. bring the keeper up when the ball clearly isn't carrying
- A direct field control mode, that is, a quick screen for the current field to make small movements of players
- More unorthodox shot options for that true hit and giggle feel of T20

neelesh

School Cricketer
I would like to see option to select batsman stance when I create player..Have a pre defined stance like open one of Chandrapaul/Katich or baseball style of klusner or slightly stooped stance of peterson

Last edited:

Alberts

International Coach
I would like to see option to select batsman stance when I create player..Have a pre defined stance like open one of Chandrapaul/Katich or baseball style of klusner or slightly stopped stance of peterson

Add the bowling action to that. I'd love to see a Malinga like action in the game.

cricfan11

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Would be interesting to see the interruptions in sight screen batsmen faces sometimes, or maybe it's already there, don't have the game yet.

Alberts

International Coach
Would be interesting to see the interruptions in sight screen batsmen faces sometimes, or maybe it's already there, don't have the game yet.

Maybe not having that exactly, but an ability to stop the bowler in his run up might be useful.

twobob

School Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
This is reported to be in the game - at least, if you appeal excessively it's supposed to make the umpire more likely to turn down your appeals.

Interesting! I still think it needs additional penalties online even if it isn't realistic, i had a match online the other day where my opponent appealed for EVERY BALL, it's so mindnumbing!

coolz_hari

International Coach
* Fielder radar
* More Asian stadiums
* Better commentary & interactions
* Lofted shot option over the mid wicket to spinners
* True Statistics connected to cricinfo *

mattcarswell8

School Cricketer
Yeah sorry about that I thought you were talking about sailing. Big Ant can you put the wind effects at the top of your list as I for one would like to see this in the game as well.

ellgieff

Club Captain
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
* Fielder radar
* More Asian stadiums
* Better commentary & interactions
* Lofted shot option over the mid wicket to spinners
* True Statistics connected to cricinfo *

I have hit lofted shots over midwicket to spinners, so that's already in the game.

The True Statistics can't work, Big Ant haven't licensed the actual players. There would be no easy way to link the player creations to the correct cricinfo stats.

It would also potentially cause problems for career players, unless it was automatically unlinked in career.

ragson

School Cricketer
There is no turn for the spinners after pitching which is the most basic thing in any cricket game and the wicket keeper should have an option to come up to the stumps on medium pace bowlers and the fielding radar.

Toecrusher

Club Captain
A change to the leave/duck shot could make the batting a bit more intuitive given the quick reactions required....

Perhaps the leave/duck could be actioned by moving the RS downwards towards back stop? At the moment I dont think this input has any shot attached.

It kinda mimims the motion of leaving the ball in real life when you would raise your bat backwards....

Alberts

International Coach
A change to the leave/duck shot could make the batting a bit more intuitive given the quick reactions required....

Perhaps the leave/duck could be actioned by moving the RS downwards towards back stop? At the moment I dont think this input has any shot attached.

It kinda mimims the motion of leaving the ball in real life when you would raise your bat backwards....

If you are advancing having the RS down is a block. I agree though, having it as a face button makes it hard to use quickly.

The hard part though is that having it as pressing in the stick was even worse as it was not only annoying to use, but could accidentally be used.

RS and down (is otherwise unmapped) would work well as it would be easy to use in most situations. I think the lack of leaving is a big issue a lot of people are having and a better mapping may help that.

'SideSpin' Dazzer

Club Captain
Yeah sorry about that I thought you were talking about sailing. Big Ant can you put the wind effects at the top of your list as I for one would like to see this in the game as well.

Oi oi!!!! Careful Matty, don't mention anything that would enhance the game and make it fully believeable as a SIMULATION.............i.e. the ball being hit off of the bat in anything BUT a straight line, these guys will choke on their glass of pimms..............shhhhhhhhh!!!!! keep quiet!!

Then again, how careless of me, its apparently already in the game!!!

...NOT......

Users who are viewing this thread