AMA (Fenil's AMA) Shoot your questions

Fenil

PC Cricket Leagues Legend
I was not too keen for this thread but some of the friends here at PC thought it would be a good idea for me to start an AMA thread so here goes.

VC the slogger

PlanetCricket Forever
India
AFG...
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Just a bunch of questions relating to the events of the previous year:

The first thing that comes to your mind when you think of the year 2017?
What was the most important lesson you learnt in 2017?
What new skills did you acquire during the year?
Was there anything you tried for the very first time in your life?
What was the best gift you received?
Any particular moment during the year that you might remember say 20 years from now?
Any song or album released during the year that may have caught your attention?
Any favorite movie relased during the year?
If you've participated in any of my leagues the past year, which one do you think stands out in your opinion?
What do you think had the biggest positive impact on your life during the year?
What one thing would you have done differently if given the chance?
On a scale of 1-10, how would you rate your year with regards to your life outside the forums and on it?

And now for the next one:

What skills do you want to lean, improve or master in 2018?
Which personal quality do you want to develop or strengthen?
Any particular habits you want to change or get rid of?
What do you plan to achieve this year in life and on these forums?
Who do you see as potential qualifiers for the Cricket World Cup from this year's WC qualifiers and why?
Who do you think will be the No 1 ranked team in Test cricket come December 2018 and why?
Any particular cricketer you think is worth watching out for this year?
Who will you be supporting during the 2018 FIFA World Cup that starts in six months time?

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Please tell us how to become a legendary manager like you.

Fenil

Please tell us how to become a legendary manager like you.
Do great trades haha.

Seriously though, I'm not even a good manager. People like Sartaj and Callum were way better than me. I just somehow ended up having a balanced squad.

I would always an excellent fast bowler and a good batting wicket keeper (Sanga, Gilly etc) who can bat in top 5. In nation based league I preferred to fill up the above mentioned roles with local players in first 2-3 rounds of drafts. That would sort a lot of things for the rest of rounds while shaping up the squad.

Last edited:

Fenil

Varun, it's midnight here. Hope you don't mind me answering your questions tomorrow.

Fenil

@Fenil

PlanetCricket VS CricketWeb, Pro's and Con's on both please?
PC is a place where a heck lot of activity happens, provides a variety of discussion topics and also game patches. I believe a large number of us including me joined PC just to download game patches and then went on discover other sections of the forum.

While CW has people who have better idea of cricket and players from the yesteryears compared to PC, CW can be largely monotonous in terms of variety in topics on the forum.

I believe the number of mature posters on CW are comparatively more than here on PC but that might be because this forum is largely populated by young teens who are very passionate about the sport and sometimes make naive comments.[DOUBLEPOST=1515609950][/DOUBLEPOST]
My mistake (For some reason I recalled you commenting in the staff forum :facepalm)
Question updated here in this post )
We have had conversations in PM's in past but I've never been a part of staff or moderating team. Anyway I hope the post above answers your question. :)

Last edited:
S

Satan666

PC is a place where a heck lot of activity happens, provides a variety of discussion topics and also game patches. I believe a large number of us including me joined PC just to download game patches and then went on discover other sections of the forum.

Whilele CW has people who have better idea of cricket and players from the yesteryears compared to PC, CW can be largely monotonous in terms of variety in topics on the forum.

I believe the number of mature posters on CW are comparatively more than here on PC but that might be because this forum is largely populated by young teens who are very passionate about the sport and sometimes make naive comments.

Think you hit home with that last paragraph. Attempted a run on CW recently didnt find it entertaining at all, managed to cop a temporary ban and found the only entertaining member was Zorax. Dindnt know youre a mod there.

Havent notice you posting much in the cricket sections recently, reasons?

Think youve followed my posting from day one here, thoughts?

Surely in the past Ive gotten under your skin, have I?[DOUBLEPOST=1515610286][/DOUBLEPOST]Elaborate on your status please.

Fenil

Think you hit home with that last paragraph. Attempted a run on CW recently didnt find it entertaining at all, managed to cop a temporary ban and found the only entertaining member was Zorax. Dindnt know youre a mod there.

Havent notice you posting much in the cricket sections recently, reasons?

Think youve followed my posting from day one here, thoughts?

Surely in the past Ive gotten under your skin, have I?[DOUBLEPOST=1515610286][/DOUBLEPOST]Elaborate on your status please.
Sorry but I had to check your Username history since I did not identify this current username of yours.

Yeah, PC has more variety of topics just as I said earlier and people of different interests can find it interesting while CW is more about serious cricket discussion only and not much beyond that. Zorax was an active member here once and probably has the posting style of most older members here on PC which is why you might have found it interesting.

Have I? I like to discuss cricket. I'm also not in too many cricket leagues which took most of my time here on PC not so long ago so I have time to explore and post other sections of the forums now which is probably why you see me post more in other sections of the forums.

I haven't really followed you but yeah I understand your posting style. I don't think its anything wrong with that as long as you stay within the line. Some people, especially the teenage kids may take your posts in the wrong context. Need to be careful about whom you posting to/for when you post something.

I don't we've interacted much. I've got a decent head over my shoulders so I usually know when a person is playing troll/sarcastic so chances are you might never get under my skin.

I'd say that the PC equivalent of apartheid is over now.

Fenil

@VC the slogger

Just a bunch of questions relating to the events of the previous year:

The first thing that comes to your mind when you think of the year 2017?
New job.

What was the most important lesson you learnt in 2017?
Keep patience and you will be acknowledged.

What new skills did you acquire during the year?
Accountancy and a bit of football.

Was there anything you tried for the very first time in your life?
I tried few foods that I had never had in my life before.

What was the best gift you received?
No gifts as such. Such a barren year that way.

Any particular moment during the year that you might remember say 20 years from now?
Riding a Camel on rocky road with waterfall on one side and hill on the other side. It was amazing experience. I was shit scared at first but it was thrilling at the same time.

Any song or album released during the year that may have caught your attention?
Despacito. A didn't like it one bit.

Any favorite movie relased during the year?
Dunkirk.

If you've participated in any of my leagues the past year, which one do you think stands out in your opinion?
I participated in LAB. I like how realistic your matches are put up. You have some great sense of ratings for cricsim which generates interesting matches.

What do you think had the biggest positive impact on your life during the year?
New job.

What one thing would you have done differently if given the chance?
There are so many things to be listed.

On a scale of 1-10, how would you rate your year with regards to your life outside the forums and on it?

And now for the next one:

What skills do you want to learn, improve or master in 2018?
I want to learn man management skills. I usually live in my own world but to grow more as a person, I know I need to gel up with different people.

Which personal quality do you want to develop or strengthen?
Cool head. I cannot suppress my emotions. I always speak what I feel which sometimes is taken in bad taste by people as I criticize them on their face. I am laud them too but thats how I am. I feel it, I say it, on the face. Many people see me as a blunt, arrogant guy but in real I'm not. I just don't know how to do sugar coated talks on face and ridicule them when they turn their back.

Any particular habits you want to change or get rid of?
I'm a stubborn guy. If I don't feel like putting an effort into something, I'd not do it no matter what but usually when I do it, I've a very strong reason for my actions/inactions.

What do you plan to achieve this year in life and on these forums?
Nothing plans. May be I can more friends here, interact more and have good leisure time.

Who do you see as potential qualifiers for the Cricket World Cup from this year's WC qualifiers and why?
Afghanistan. They are fast growing as a new cricketing force in the associate division. I'd really want to see them doing good against the full member teams.

Who do you think will be the No 1 ranked team in Test cricket come December 2018 and why?
Definitely not India. Our batsmen lack temperament. Aggressive cricket won't work outside subcontinent. I think if Pakistan can sort out the batting woes, it can be them otherwise it'd be Australia.

Any particular cricketer you think is worth watching out for this year?
Willem Mulder and Sidharth Kaul if they get enough chances.

Who will you be supporting during the 2018 FIFA World Cup that starts in six months time?
Germany

Last edited:
S

Satan666

Your avatar, history behind it?

You seem to have an issue or two with the young heads on the forum, is it because their ‘naive thinking’ remind yoi of yourself?

Fenil

Your avatar, history behind it?

You seem to have an issue or two with the young heads on the forum, is it because their ‘naive thinking’ remind yoi of yourself?
It's the logo of my blog. I wanted to make something unique but didn't have the gfx skills so I just made up this. A ball, stumps and cricket insect working as mascot if you like to call it that.

Nah, not really. In PC vs CW question what I meant was the seeming age difference in posters judging by their posting style.

S

Satan666

It's the logo of my blog. I wanted to make something unique but didn't have the gfx skills so I just made up this. A ball, stumps and cricket insect working as mascot if you like to call it that.

Nah, not really. In PC vs CW question what I meant was the seeming age difference in posters judging by their posting style.

Ah yes your blog forgot.

Users who are viewing this thread