• No!! It should never be added

Votes: 52 21.1%
  • Maybe, or should be added and optional

Votes: 89 36.2%

• Total voters

Lord Sajjad

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
So many threads around. But I really had to create this. The loss of the fielding radar is pretty big. I cant look around every ball just to know where the fielders are, the fielders are not much visible either and remembering it is also another problem. Adding a fielding radar will solve much of the runout issues as well as the fielding issues. Most of the time I am just hitting in the leg or off side and just wishing it goes into the gap. And I cant even tell if a fielder is behind another fielder or not. Sorry if I sound rude or anything but Ross has made an awesome game and this is the only thing which bothers me very much. Poll to know what others say.

Last edited:

NoLeName

PlanetCricket Writing Team
The way Ross is fixing it is a good enough compromise. They purposefully chose against the fielding radar, and I support that wholeheartedly. What does it say in the first sentence of the manual? ?The first thing to do before you pick up the controller is to forget all that you know about cricket games past.? Everything.

mrzdt

Club Captain
They are not going to put a radar in, they have another option which will come with the patch I believe. You don't have to look around every ball because the field does not change every ball.

Tip: What I do specifically for long on/off which are sometimes difficult to see, I defend a delivery then in the menu view the interactive reply. The camera starts at the bowler and I just turn the camera to confirm that there is no long on/off. You can do this if you are struggling to view them using L2.

As far as I know there is a cutscene every time the field changes so look once in an over and then only when there is a cutscene.

awsomeDBC

School Cricketer
at VETERAN difficulty there must be a radar man, u cant spend ur time viewing the field all the time.., atleast there should b a radar to show boundary fielders.. ! u cant compare 2d plane withthe real batsman eye..

if Ross is not gona put radar..atleast make those fielders visible by showing glooming stars on them, right now stars are rotating on my forehead trying to see those boundry fielders no matter which format game is being played

Last edited:

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
If we were to do a radar (unlikely) it would definitely not be in this patch. This patch is ready to go back in.

We already know the attitude towards radars, and the solution to be included in the patch.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
If it is optional, it does not matter to me. It will always staff off for me.

thevicky

Club Captain
I think there are two major issues that would not be resolved by the proposed solution alone:

1) The fact that (especially in multiplayer) the batsman won't get a chance to survey the field if the bowler quickly commences his run-up

2) The slowing down of the game. This to me is the more critical issue as every time the batsman stops to survey the field it needlessly slows the gameplay down for no real benefit and more importantly takes some of the fun out of the game.

While I appreciate the design decision to minimise HUD and that some people might prefer this method I think for a lot of gamers the HUD is an important gameplay feature (as opposed to the thankfully now-gone-and-never-to-be-seen-again pitch donut).

I don't know how difficult it is to include but I can't see the harm in it being available as an option that can be turned off (much like the FIFA radar).

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
1) The fact that (especially in multiplayer) the batsman won't get a chance to survey the field if the bowler quickly commences his run-up
Ross has also mentioned a popup notice after a field change, so hopefully that adds enough of a delay to hit the field survey button in time.

Killer Nads

Club Cricketer

That is not a solution! It is only a cheap work around.

Ross better get his act together and work on a proper solution :facepalm. Its painful to keep having to look around while also being time consuming!

In fact this feature is really putting me off playing the game, batting on Pro is hard enough, but with this crappy design decision its now not only hard but also annoying!

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia

Ross better get his act together and work on a proper solution :facepalm. Its painful to keep having to look around while also being time consuming!

In fact this feature is really putting me off playing the game, batting on Pro is hard enough, but with this crappy design decision its now not only hard but also annoying!

You should have figured out by now that you only need to re-check the field when the faux 'cut scene' appears.

Better get his act together? This was an intentional design decision, and they have tried to make it easier to easily spot each fielder. The solution was for the issue that some boundary riders were difficult to see, not the issue that some people simply miss the radar.

The radar would stick out like a sore thumb given the overall design of the game, and the shift away from traditional mechanics. Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean it is a crappy design decision.

Lord Sajjad

Club Cricketer

:facepalm

Users who are viewing this thread