FOOTBALL Fifa 14 PC news. It ain't good.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Online Cricket Games Owned
Untitled-Fifa14-PC.jpg

https://twitter.com/RobHodson_/status/336972909438443520

The PC's not getting the 'NG' engine.

Damn you to bloody hell, EA!

galactic_black_hole.jpg

Last edited:

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Not entirely unexpected.

Yeah, well they've got 'previous', haven't they? Part of me knew they'd do this, but I was hoping against hope that they wouldn't. No such luck.

Hopefully the new Fox engine means PES 14 is a big improvement over its predecessor.

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Please, please Konami, make a good game.:facepalm

Meh, EA is one of the worst companies.

Params7

International Cricketer
Why don't you PC fans support Pro Evo Soccer games? Sure they may not have the proper licenses, but looks like EA could use some losses because their development ethics are on a new low.

Bevab

Staff Member
I was with PES for a long time, switched to Fifa this year due to Pes 12. Going to go back to PES already, wish I bought Pes 13 though.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Why don't you PC fans support Pro Evo Soccer games? Sure they may not have the proper licenses, but looks like EA could use some losses because their development ethics are on a new low.

Ha! They're going to get some losses mate, because not many PC gamers will be happy playing with six year old tech. when they know damn well their machine is easily capable of playing with the new engine.

As to 'supporting' PES games, for me at least it is not just about the licences. It is about numerous things - not least, content. Fifa has so many leagues, so the transfer market is as deep as an ocean - you don't have the same players circulating which is inevitable with PES which doesn't have anywhere near the same amount of leagues.

Then there's the ability in Fifa to take a team from League Two (and the Conference, if the rumours about Fifa 14 are true) all the way to the Premiership and CL; you simply cannot do that in PES.

The whole idea of 'The Master League', even the name itself, gives PES' Career Mode a very 'fantasy' feel about it, whereas Fifa's CM feels very much like the real football world.

Lastly, the on pitch gameplay in PES is for me significantly behind that of Fifa. It's very hard to put my finger on just why that is, it's just the way I feel about it. However, I am hoping that with the advent of the all new engine, we will also get all new gameplay.

All that said and done, I am not prepared to line EA's pockets with ?25 - ?30 for six years to buy what will basically be the same game (the Xbox 360/PS3 have reached their development ceiling, so any improvements will be extremely minor). I'll give both demos a try as always, but a new engine for PES has to make it the favourite for this year. We'll see.

I am so mad at EA right now; I'll probably get myself temporarily banned from the EA forums with the opinions I'm posting, but I really couldn't care less. I might dust off PES Fan Forums soon to dig for info about PES 14.

Edit: Check this out

V8C2KSi.png

Yet Fifa's new engine can't run on the PC. Pull the other one EA, it's got bells on.

Last edited:

Bevab

Staff Member
They've got the Asian CL, and they are trying for the Argentinian league.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Who, Konami or EA? Either way, I couldn't care less about the Asian CL. Or the Argentinian league for that matter.

PES 2014. They haven't got the spending power of EA for licenses so they have to fish around for what they can get. They do have the Champions League and Europa League licences, and they are adding the Asian Champions League and the Argentinian league this year. They also have individual licenses, last year they had Man United and Tottenham.

1iram1

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I play Pes with an option file, updated till the end of the January transfer window.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
PES 2014. They haven't got the spending power of EA for licenses so they have to fish around for what they can get. They do have the Champions League and Europa League licences, and they are adding the Asian Champions League and the Argentinian league this year. They also have individual licenses, last year they had Man United and Tottenham.

Seriously, licences - any licences - be damned as far as I'm concerned. Why can't they introduce unlimited league slots, and let the community create them??

Auwais

International Coach
Licenses aren't a problem with the PC version given the patching community.

Hell, back in the day I used to get the leagues on the PS2 using a Max Drive.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Licenses aren't a problem with the PC version given the patching community.

Hell, back in the day I used to get the leagues on the PS2 using a Max Drive.

Quite so - imagine what they could do with unlimited league slots?

Bevab

Staff Member
And that's why Konami always screws up whenever they get a good opportunity. Unlimited leagues would've been brilliant, although it ain't simple to add it.

Users who are viewing this thread