FIFA/UEFA/CONMEBOL/CAF/CONCACAF/AFC news thread

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
regardless of it being a measure to put pressure on FIFA, I would like to see countries withdraw from the tournament. not just for the inconvenience, the corrupt manner it ended up going to Qatar, but also for Qatars recent human rights problems.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hopefully all this will mean an end to Fifa giving the Cup to countries that are intrinsically unsuitable for hosting it.

Or maybe not. ;)

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Asia's pretty weak atm with Japan at 44th place being the highest ranked team, so now is as good a time as ever to just scrap Oceania. With consistent matches against alright teams I'd say we could easily be better than Jordan and UAE, hence we'd be about the 6th best team there.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Asia's pretty weak atm with Japan at 44th place being the highest ranked team, so now is as good a time as ever to just scrap Oceania. With consistent matches against alright teams I'd say we could easily be better than Jordan and UAE, hence we'd be about the 6th best team there.

Ye that's fair. AUS eventually left that Ocenia group and it has helped them a great deal.

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors

Something I've thought of recently, would it be possible to merge Asia and Oceania? New Zealand are surely the best team in Oceania by a fair way. As you said, if NZ were playing consistent games against decent Asian opposition it would make them a stronger outfit. Me personally, I'd like to see how they'd go

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
Something I've thought of recently, would it be possible to merge Asia and Oceania? New Zealand are surely the best team in Oceania by a fair way. As you said, if NZ were playing consistent games against decent Asian opposition it would make them a stronger outfit. Me personally, I'd like to see how they'd go

Oceania doesn't deserve it's own tournament when the best team by a distance, New Zealand, can't even beat bloody Tahiti to the Confederations Cup! I was talking about this to someone a few months ago, and this is exactly what they were thinking - if New Zealand have such an easy route to major tournaments in comparison to Asian teams of similar ability, yet they can't even take advantage of it over Tahiti, then they don't deserve it! Simple as that.

Geographically, IMO Australia should be part of Oceania as well, but if they're part of Asia then New Zealand should be too.

It would make reaching the WC tough for a number of years but the standard of football in this country really needs to improve especially in attack if guys like Rojas can't even get the team scoring.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Geographically, IMO Australia should be part of Oceania as well, but if they're part of Asia then New Zealand should be too.

(Just making sure you know) Australia were part of Oceania until like 2006, and then they moved to Asia to get more competitive matches.

They way to go imo would be to just scrap Oceania. There are already so many rubbish countries in Asia that it wouldn't really matter if they added another 10 to that, and like I said above NZ would be about the 6th equal best county in Asia with more proper matches.

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
(Just making sure you know) Australia were part of Oceania until like 2006, and then they moved to Asia to get more competitive matches.

They way to go imo would be to just scrap Oceania. There are already so many rubbish countries in Asia that it wouldn't really matter if they added another 10 to that, and like I said above NZ would be about the 6th equal best county in Asia with more proper matches.

No I had no idea about that, didn't watch football other than WC in 2002 and 2006 back then.

I agree. Rubbish countries in Asia are better than some of the rubbish countries in Oceania though.

Users who are viewing this thread