Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
What an absolute privilege to watch this game. Football at its peak. Two elite teams battling it out blow for blow till the end. I will never forget this. Especially Messi lifting the most precious trophy in sports. Greatest of all time.

Verified Enigma

PlanetCricket's Sherlock Holmes
Champions League Winner
Avengers
It was one of the best finale I have ever witnessed in a sporting event.

Argentina had dominated France for the first 80 minutes of the match and then suddenly out of nowhere prodigy Mbappe just swooped in a penalty followed by another ripper in couple of minutes.

Into the extra time I honestly felt that the second goal for Messi and third overall for Argentina is going to seal the deal for them and it would be dream come true moment for Messi to win the world by scoring the match winning goal during the extra time, but again fate had more. A forced hand penalty at the very end opened the gates again from France. Mbappe delivered for the third time to complete a hattrick in a World Cup Final. Amaze balls.

But this isn't the end, who can forget the save of the tournament, just seconds into the conclusion of the match, Martinez just produced the save of the year in my opinion. Just imagine if that ball made it into the nets, it would had been 4-3 once again and Argentina would, once again, be on the wrong side of the result. It would had been a repeat of 2014 as well as 2018 for Argentina.

Once the match went into shoot out, it became pretty one sided once Argentina got the lead. Again not to forget the superb saves by none other than Martinez. Also, not to forget that Mbappe netted for the fourth time to this guy who is getting all the applause till now. Surely he is the prodigy for tomorrow.

Lastly, coming to the man, the legend, the GOAT, the Messiah, LIONEL MESSI, the dream did come true! This man is an idol of inspiration for me, this guy doesn't talk much or doesn't hype himself any more than required. He lets his feet do all the talking and if there was anyone in the current football fraternity who deserved this trophy before calling it a day, Messi was one of the names right at the top. Glad he was able to fulfill this.

FOtJt2AXsAoq4RK.jpg

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
But this isn't the end, who can forget the save of the tournament, just seconds into the conclusion of the match, Martinez just produced the save of the year in my opinion
Considering the context, in my view that is the greatest save ever. Without it, France would be champions.

Users who are viewing this thread