Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

The surprise is because Qatar were so bad in their opening game. Everyone expects a better performance from the reigning Asia Cup champions (Gold Cup isn't that big a deal though).

One thing I will say is that their Asia Cup performance was a bit surprising to many as they did steamroll through everyone (including favourites) and those were probably the weakest sides we've seen in a while from said favourites too. Qatar played more technical football in their run to that cup and Ecuador would have been a complete change from the sides they face in Asia usually tactic wise.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
The surprise is because Qatar were so bad in their opening game. Everyone expects a better performance from the reigning Asia Cup champions (Gold Cup isn't that big a deal though).

One thing I will say is that their Asia Cup performance was a bit surprising to many as they did steamroll through everyone (including favourites) and those were probably the weakest sides we've seen in a while from said favourites too. Qatar played more technical football in their run to that cup and Ecuador would have been a complete change from the sides they face in Asia usually tactic wise.
They might just crumble to zero points here. Looked pretty hapless.

Satan666

International Cricketer
India
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Might get a warning for this post but most of those against Qatar hosting the World Cup have issues with Islam and exactly how an Islamic state is run. Fans are upset because they cant consume alcohol during games, give me a break!

Bevab

Staff Member
Might get a warning for this post but most of those against Qatar hosting the World Cup have issues with Islam and exactly how an Islamic state is run. Fans are upset because they cant consume alcohol during games, give me a break!

Do you even know anything about football culture? Or even why that has become an issue in the first place?

People for one have an issue with the blatant homophobia for one that the state of Qatar exhibits. Blaming Islam for it like you do is such an easy cop-out.

Satan666

International Cricketer
India
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Do you even know anything about football culture? Or even why that has become an issue in the first place?

People for one have an issue with the blatant homophobia for one that the state of Qatar exhibits. Blaming Islam for it like you do is such an easy cop-out.
You really have an obsession with me huh? Youre so fascinated aye.

Bevab

Staff Member
You really have an obsession with me huh? Youre so fascinated aye.

Also it’s pretty funny that you talk of this when you’re the one who’s tagged me twice randomly in your posts over the last couple of days without any reason. Projection much?

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
14 minutes of injury time :eek2:

Bevab

Staff Member
I see that Fifa has now threatened captains with yellow cards and possibly more if they wore a measly armband that isn’t even a big statement on rights for marginalised groups. I don’t think I remember Fifa ever bending backwards to this extent for any other host and they’ve handed out hosting rights to multiple questionable places in their illustrious past.

Bevab

Staff Member
I also see that Iranian players didn’t sing their anthem before the game in solidarity with the protestors. After some of them received flack for not being more vocal in support it is good to see them be brave and commit to this. Funny how they’re willing to risk their own lives to make a gesture whilst the European nations couldn’t be bothered to wear a simple armband that they made such a fuss over because of the threat of yellow cards. Almost as if there’s a difference between truly believing in a cause and empty virtue signalling to earn brownie points….
Post automatically merged:

There seems to be an injury break every 5 minutes in this game

Not watching the game but does it have anything to do with the playing conditions? I imagine that having the tournament in the middle of the major football season for many leagues doesn’t help.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Not watching the game but does it have anything to do with the playing conditions? I imagine that having the tournament in the middle of the major football season for many leagues doesn’t help.
Could be. Another 10 minutes of injury time in the second half. 24 in total. Although in fairness there was a lenghty concussion check in the first half.
Let's see what happens in the next couple games, if the pattern repeats.

Users who are viewing this thread