Final: Australia v England at Bridgetown

Params7

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Lumb, I think. While I don't like all these foreigners in England's team, there's not much I can say, because it's completely legal and it's allowed. They would be stupid not to take advantage of being able to play those players. My problem is with cricket authorities and how easy it is to just switch. South Africa is fine I guess. I don't like it, but it's not hurting cricket all that much. However, the Irish moving to England angers me. How will Ireland develop as a cricketing nation if their best players move elsewhere?

By stealing English born and bred talent? Its the only option they got :p

TumTum

International Cricketer
Glad to see England win and take the trophy.

What an awesome supporter you are, wait when was the last time you acknowledged an Aussie win? Should really change your username to CaptainAntiOz.

Clarke what a failure you are, said before this Tourny that you will improve your game :facepalm Plz GTFO!!!

Otherwise we performed quite well as a team, shame we couldn't finish it off.

Deja-vu all over again with that picure of England celebrating, ah well it'll make the Ashes win all the more sweeter :)

War

Chairman of Selectors
I assume you're only counting certain "finals" as England beat the aussies on their own turf in the CB Series in 06/07 (2-0, by 4 wickets then 34 runs)

Ha. I was talking about world tournament finals like, instead of bilateral series finals.

Sureshot

Executive member
Lumb, I think. While I don't like all these foreigners in England's team, there's not much I can say, because it's completely legal and it's allowed. They would be stupid not to take advantage of being able to play those players. My problem is with cricket authorities and how easy it is to just switch. South Africa is fine I guess. I don't like it, but it's not hurting cricket all that much. However, the Irish moving to England angers me. How will Ireland develop as a cricketing nation if their best players move elsewhere?

It's doing the complete opposite to hurting the system. Can't see how Strauss can be included in the others, he may have been born in Jo'burg, but he grew up here. The others, well maybe if the ICC hadn't allowed the SACB to use a racially motivated selection system, then the issue wouldn't exist. Besides, would people really rather talents like that just rot away in an inadequate system in South Africa? Sure, I don't think the situation is ideal, but you make the most out of something, not only is it better for the players, but it's better for us public too.

Morgan/Joyce. Again, I can't blame a cricketer wanting to play cricket at the highest level, the likes of Morgan and Joyce are inspiring cricketers in a country that could well become the next full member of the ICC, is that a problem? I think not.

Going away from the discussion somewhat, though.

Nice to see Broad's eco rate down at 6.5.

P

pcfan123

What was Strauss and Prior supposed to do? Tell their parents when they were kids that they might end up Test cricketers and so to cancel the move to England? :laugh

War

Chairman of Selectors
What was Strauss and Prior supposed to do? Tell their parents when they were kids that they might end up Test cricketers and so to cancel the move to England? :laugh

:laugh. Good one b.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Who has an issue with Strauss or Prior, Sureshot? Not me, that's for sure.

I understand the temptation for Joyce and Morgan. It's inevitable and unavoidable. I just think it's unfortunate is all. Ireland would make a decent team with Morgan and Joyce.

New Zealand also has its fair share of South African players. It's just that they don't play for the country yet. They are still in the domestic circuit.

Also, that is why I said "cricket authorities". Of course I don't want players like that rotting in South Africa.

Last edited:

Sureshot

Executive member
I wasn't referring to you, I opened with a statement expanding on which you had touched upon. The Strauss, etc, was in reference to others in the thread.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Great Win by England. Congrats to them and all their supporters on this forum. Good to see someone beat Australia in a Final. :hpraise:hpraise

AkshayS

Chairman of Selectors
What great win there for England. :hpraise

Kieswetter and Pietersen planned the chase and executed it properly. :hpraise

ajdude

International Coach
Yep, well played England, I'm glad that if we lost to anyone, it was you.

Kieswetter is definitely one to look out for.

Users who are viewing this thread