Final: Australia v England at Bridgetown

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
After the amazing Hussey knock, the Ashes T20 final gets the go ahead. Its the form teams in the tournament going head to head and you could say the unbeaten teams taking out the D/L result.

P

pcfan123

Pakistan game has proven two things for us.

a) The Aussie attack can be hit for 200

b) Any player up till (not including Clarke) Johnson can win the game in 25-30 balls.

Im more worried about Sidebottom's 2nd spell than anything else.

ali_ed2001

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Lets go Australia.

After they won today, I have even more respect for them. These guys just don't give up no matter what the circumstance.

Although as hMarka said, anyone excluding Clarke can win the game in 25 balls, so England should make a plan of maybe not getting Clarke out! Even today he got 17 of 19.

Num

Club Cricketer
It will be interesting to see how Australia take on Yardy, not too many left arm slow/medium bowlers going 'round in Australian domestic cricket.

Last edited:

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Ozzie Ozzie Ozzie...... Oi... Oi.. Oi...

But only thing is England should win it and register at least a world cup in their Awards Cabinet!

They haven't won it yet thought they were the inventors of Cricket.:noway

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Clarke might score in the final. These Aussie captains have the tendency to turn up for the big games.

Australia are overwhelming favorites. But if there is one team they must face from this tournament, its England. I think this is the best ever final of all three editions (both teams have been so dominating)

ali_ed2001

Club Cricketer
Even if Clarke scores, I don't see him scoring at the "twenty20 pace" if you wanna call it.

If he scores 50, he will probably take 40 something deliveries, which is slow according to the twenty20 standards.

I'm expecting another Hussey classic, and he will end up taking the player of the tournament award in the end.

khalek

Panel of Selectors
Clarke should continue the way he's been batting cause Australia have got a lot of good hitters, in fact everyone except him and number 10 and 11 can easily clear the ropes. I wouldn't mind an accumulator in the side if I had guys like Watson and Warner opening who rarely gets a slow start. Haddin and Clarke actually set it up for their hitters to have a go at the end unlike Kallis who nudges everything till the last 5 overs or so and then tries to hit the big shots himself which giives very little time for their hitters to have a go at it.

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
It will be an easy final for Australia from what I gather of them. England might have to wait for another T20 WC.

Pranav

ICC Board Member
It's easily gonna be one of the most interesting T20 match this season. Both England and Australia are very strong teams.

I'm backing England to win this one.

Varun

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
After the incredible performance in the semis, Aussies have to win this!

Mike23

Club Captain
I want england to win this simply because they have NEVER won anything on the international circuit.

Last edited:

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
can't decide, on one hand what the hell does it take to beat australia here?

on the other hand, they've played 6 matches and found themselves in real trouble in 3 of those.

I think I might just pick australia because england put a lot of pressure on themselves when they play australia and might just lose their heads a bit when their calm measured approach has served them so well.

Brook

Club Captain
a) The Aussie attack can be hit for 200

I don't think this is going to be true on the Barbados pitch if it's anything like it has been. Sure on a slow low pitch pure pace isn't going to be worth much, but at Barbados it might be different.

TumTum

International Cricketer
I don't think this is going to be true on the Barbados pitch if it's anything like it has been. Sure on a slow low pitch pure pace isn't going to be worth much, but at Barbados it might be different.

English batsmen are pretty good at short deliveries, but nonetheless they mostly suck at everything else :laugh

Users who are viewing this thread