What an atrocious headline on Austrlian:
South African recruit helps England thrash Australia in T20 final
Shameless people!!

Congrats England...you truly deserve this win :hpraise

Varun

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Well Done, England, The team proved that they're improving!
Sidebottom was brilliant in bowling!

D

Dutch

Aussie's are just bitter they can't beat us at anything anymore ;)

Even bloody Johnathan Agnew was going on about how Kieswetter shouldn't have been chosen: three minutes after England won!!!:facepalm:facepalm

He has gone right down in my estimations. Bloody hell, cant we just enjoy a great, brilliant win for once???????? Why Oh why do the British always bring themselves down like this. Embarrassing.

Varun

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Even bloody Johnathan Agnew was going on about how Kieswetter shouldn't have been chosen: three minutes after England won!!!:facepalm:facepalm

He has gone right down in my estimations. Bloody hell, cant we just enjoy a great, brilliant win for once???????? Why Oh why do the British always bring themselves down like this. Embarrassing.

Man, British didn't win because of Kieswetter or Pieterson. The credit really goes to the captain, Paul Collingwood and the bowlers, Sidebottom and Swann who bowled perfectly.
There is no need to get embarrassed if others say that England have won due to foreign support. You deserve the win!

Master Khan

National Board President
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I am Happy that England won because they always lose finals

Well done England, they beat Australia easily:)

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member

What did he have to say? He certainly didn't seem Anti-Kieswetter in his BBC article:

There is little reason why they cannot do that. Andrew Strauss will have to come back in but Craig Kieswetter really should be opening now for England in 50-over cricket. He hits the ball hard over the inner ring right from the off and that is the way we should be going in all limited overs.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
The issue of foreign players representing England is bound to surface again though in the wake of this final and I for one totally understand the concerns.

Let me say straight away that I understand both sides of the argument and I have sympathy for everyone involved. But I feel very uncomfortable about the likes of Kieswetter playing for England.

There has to be an incentive for county players to play for England and when you see someone like Kieswetter come in and overtake others to get the nod, it must be extremely disheartening.

I was once one of those players; a youngster who was desperate to push on and play for my country so can understand how it feels.

I feel so sorry for the likes of Chris Read and James Foster who have been playing well but have seen Kieswetter come through and play for England ahead of them.

Indeed, last year we were all told that Steven Davies was the best thing since sliced bread and now Kieswetter is opening the batting and keeping wicket. I would not have picked him, although Kevin Pietersen is a slightly different case because he did not play for South Africa U-19s.

^

Hell, we might even play an Aussie one day.

khalek

Panel of Selectors
Damn Watson's had a terrible tournament with the ball and a bad second half with the bat, hopefully he'll bounce back soon.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman

Hi Dutch - you are so bloody right! Even if England win the World Cup - I mean THE World Cup - you know the one I mean, there will be some people crying about the coach being Italian!

As to the stunning victory over the Aussies - well done, lads! I was getting so sick and tired of hearing about 'Mr Cricket' and how he was going to win the game for the Aussies (so are the Aussies a one man team now? :p ) - also, I had no idea that this was our first ever major International trophy win. Well done! Who gives a damn who is playing for England, as long as they play for England as though they're Englishmen through and through? That certainly cannot be denied of KP for one - did you see the expression on his face when we won?

I see no reason why this team cannot now go on to win many more trophies, starting with the 50 Over World Cup. Oh - I almost forgot: we didn't have one of our best bowlers in the team (Anderson) and Freddy is still to come back, too! :happy

One other thing - it was a team effort, it wasn't just down to two players. There was one piece of fielding in particular that reminded me of SA's fielding, in the Jonty Rhodes days!

Now, over to the football lads - you've seen how it's done now. :D

Edit: Just as it was with the German hoodoo, the Aussie hoodoo has also come to an end - the days of looking back over years and years of Aussie domination over us are at an end - and we will prove it by retaining the Ashes!

Last edited:
D

Dutch

^

Hell, we might even play an Aussie one day.

I mean just the way he says "The likes of Kieswetter"! He sounds like some kind of tea lady hanging over the fence talking to her neighbor:

"Ooh Agnes, did you see who moved into number three? One of them foreigner types. Well, there goes the neighborhood!"

Listen, Johnathan "Another One to Bloody Sundries" Agnew: THE ENGLISH CRICKET TEAM won the WORLD CUP.

We one fair and square, we won because we have brilliant players, we won because we have a brilliant, utterly brilliant captain, we won because we are lead by a brilliant coach and background team, we won because we played the most attractive and consistent cricket.

Now, go back to your semi-detached house in Leicester, make yourself a nice cup of tea, open up the Daily Telegraph and shove your head so far up your freaking arse that you can get a taste of your own bullshit!:mad:

Highlander999

ICC President
LOL dutchy has become angry!!!! What happened to Mr Nice? :p I swear it is this forum. I used to be sweet and innocent and now look at me!!!

Users who are viewing this thread