Final: Australia vs New Zealand

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hopes is making sure that Watson doesn't get his century!

ZexyZahid added 2 Minutes and 34 Seconds later...

Congratulations to Australia of winning the Champions Trophy 2009.

CricketPunk

Club Cricketer
Woooo after the initial hiccup, Australia win! also congrats to Watson, he has proved himself with back to back centuries and in style with two sixes. Commiserations to the Kiwis, you guys played well.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Watson had the 100 in the bag :p Good of McCullum to bowl Patel so that Watson could bring up the 100 the way he did.

TheGreemSim

International Cricketer
Disapointing from New Zealand, despite no Oram, Ryder, Tuffey and Vettori is a set back but I would've expected something more from them if it ment that much to them.

Congrats to aus who truly deserve to win it.

P

pcfan123

That was a a relativly painless Champions Trophy,

congrats to AUS

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Lol, commentators keep on going on about how AUS lost all their players.
We lost Cairnes, Astle, Harris, McMillian, Fleming plus we were without Vettori, Tuffey, Ryder and Oram.

A post I read yesterday summed it all up before the game started.
Can't remember it but it was something like, AUS just need to play out Vettori, Mills and Bond, and attack the rest off the over's which is exactly what they done.

Our batting line up was just so weak and that let us down not being able to put enough runs on the board.

Congratz to AUS, we just were not good enough.

WORLD CHAMPIONS

PC Battrick Cup Champion S17
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Woo !! :D Watto :happy Super knock :clap 2006, 2009, ????? ;)

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
LOL Ricky did a perimeter around the stage! :laugh

"you want me there"

NO..

* perimeter*

MacLovin added 4 Minutes and 4 Seconds later...

We lost Cairnes, Astle, Harris, McMillian, Fleming plus we were without Vettori, Tuffey, Ryder and Oram.

yup! used to be my fav team back them with those. specially with Cairnes and McMillian!

dunyateam

School Cricketer
Watson, bowlers power Australia to title defence

Australia 206 for 4 (Watson 105*, White 62, Mills 3-27) beat New Zealand 200 for 9 (Guptill 40, Hauritz 3-37, Lee 2-45) by six wickets

irottev

School Cricketer
Well done AUS. Deserved it. They were the best team throughout the tournament. We put up a good fight for the runs we put up though. It was definitely a tough pitch. Australia started so slowly and badly that I think it proves it was tough to bat on early.

Bond and Mills were exceptional. They bowled so well. Bond has taken five-fors and hattricks and bowled far worse than this. He deserved a bag, that was a brilliant display of fast swing bowling. Just no luck on his side today.

The other bowlers provided poor backup. Too many rank short balls from all of them. McCullum dropping that catch was a huge blunder and his captaincy wasn't great either.

Battingwise, I didn't see it, but it sounds bad. McCullum needs to start to convert. His 40s aren't good enough. I don't understand why he can't. He hits hundreds in the IPL and huge hundreds in domestic finals etc but in internationals he fails so often. Taylor was due a score and played a horrid innings also. More application was needed, they can take example from how Watson batted. Taylor and McCullum are probably more skilled batsmen, they just don't apply it well.

Considering we lost Ryder, Oram (arguable whether he was a loss or not, all depends on whether he'd have found any form) and Tuffey early on it's a miracle we even got to the final. We missed Vettori big time. But that's cricket. It didn't help that we didn't select/play Styris or Nathan McCullum in the first place. So i'll take 2nd. No one would have given us a chance to make the final and we did.

nikhil_99

International Coach
Congratulations to Aus,for winning CT 2nd time and winning it back to back,they didnt loose any match in tournament,played well in all dept of game...Once again they now have regain the No1 spot in ODI now..

Users who are viewing this thread