Final:- New South Wales Speed Blitz Bules VS Trinidad and Tobaggo at Hyderabad. Updtd wth LIVE Pics

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
The Uppal Rajiv Gandhi stadium (Along with me:D) will be the proof for such a big Final of Champions League T20.
2008041759370201.jpg

The contestants are:-
1) New South Wales Speed Blitz Blues (Australia)
2) Trinidad & Tobaggo. (West Indies)
Match Details:-

Twenty20 match | 2009/10 season
Played at Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium, Uppal, Hyderabad
23 October 2009 - day/night

Squads

New South Wales squad
SM Katich*, AC Bird, DE Bollinger, SR Clark, NM Hauritz, MC Henriques, PJ Hughes, SJC Keen, B Lee, SNJ O'Keefe, BJ Rohrer, DLR Smith?, SPD Smith, DJ Thornely, DA Warner

Trinidad & Tobago squad
D Ganga*, S Badree, A Barath, DJ Bravo, DM Bravo, RR Emrit, S Ganga, D Mohammed, SP Narine, WKD Perkins, KA Pollard, D Ramdin?, R Rampaul, LMP Simmons, ND Stewart

Officials:-
Umpires:-
DJ Harper and RE Koertzen
TV umpire:-
AM Saheba
Match referee:-
S Venkataraghavan
Reserve umpire:-
S Ravi

Match scheduled to begin at 20:00 local time (14:30 GMT)
========
Watch out for me in the stands:p:p
Sorry, you might be thinking why to watch this idiot.
So, Watch out for David Warner, Brett Leeee, Kieron Pollard, Dwayne Bravooo
===========
Discuss all about it here.
Link for live pics:-
Here

Last edited:

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Can't wait for this, its the dream final really although Modi won't agree. Could go either way, the key will be the T&T batting v NSW bowling, if NSW can get through their 4th and 5th bowling option without too much damage that could be enough.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Can't wait for this, its the dream final really although Modi won't agree. Could go either way, the key will be the T&T batting v NSW bowling, if NSW can get through their 4th and 5th bowling option without too much damage that could be enough.

Couldn't agree more tbh, it should be a really good match up though. Looking forward to seeing how Barath goes against Lee and co.

rahuldravidfan

International Cricketer
I, like every Indian watching the CLT20 in the stadiums want Trinidad & Tobago to win the League. Not only are we culturally and in terms of names similar, but we all love the underdog. Who doesn't... :clap

It would be great for cricket to see a team from West Indies, whom NO ONE gave a chance, win the Champions League. For The Win Trinidad & Tobago :hpraise

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
I, like every Indian watching the CLT20 in the stadiums want Trinidad & Tobago to win the League. Not only are we culturally and in terms of names similar, but we all love the underdog. Who doesn't... :clap

It would be great for cricket to see a team from West Indies, whom NO ONE gave a chance, win the Champions League. For The Win Trinidad & Tobago :hpraise

Dare did :p

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Thank God the final is in Hyderabad.

I actually love both teams. So no issue for me who wins this one.

TumTum

International Cricketer
In my opinion NSW should bowl first, then TnT will have no motive to blast early and blues bowlers can take control early, then chase it down with 2 pragmatic opening batsmen and the Dynamite bowlers are nothing special.

rahuldravidfan

International Cricketer

:P. You know, its so amazing to see the contrast between NSW Blues and T&T. NSW Blues have been billed as one of the toughest teams in the competition and the pressure is gonna be on them from the word go.

T&T, in stark contrast, have nothing to lose and everything to win. And they've murdered NSW once already and won a game chasing 170+ with 9 balls to spare despite needing 80 from 6 overs at one stage. :hpraise

If T&T's bowling clicks today, they'll be the champions :clap

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
:P. You know, its so amazing to see the contrast between NSW Blues and T&T. NSW Blues have been billed as one of the toughest teams in the competition and the pressure is gonna be on them from the word go.

T&T, in stark contrast, have nothing to lose and everything to win. And they've murdered NSW once already and won a game chasing 170+ with 9 balls to spare despite needing 80 from 6 overs at one stage. :hpraise

If T&T's bowling clicks today, they'll be the champions :clap

I agree with everything your've said there, except for the last sentence. While it's improtant that Trinidad & Tobago's bowling click's, the batting will have to be just as good if not better, NSW strength is in their bowling as it's pretty much an international attack.

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
problem for NSW is they don't have good all rounders except one or two where as TT have 11 batting sloggers and 9 Bowling options.
That was the key for their success.
even the last batsman can win the game for them if they need at 7 or 8 an over in last three or four.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
T&T batting length is similar to NSW, once they get down to 8 they have handy bowlers that can bat as do NSW with Lee, Hauritz and Clark. Rampaul matches Bollinger.

iridescentt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
C'mon NSW. Hopefully we can pump T&T. Just gotta' find a way to tame Pollard if he chucks another Gilchrist again.

rahuldravidfan

International Cricketer
I agree with everything your've said there, except for the last sentence. While it's improtant that Trinidad & Tobago's bowling click's, the batting will have to be just as good if not better, NSW strength is in their bowling as it's pretty much an international attack.

Their batting being great is pretty imperative actually. A new player steps up and delivers in almost every game. Barath stepped up, Pollard was on the gas and in the previous game, Bravo was on the money. This is such an exciting time for West Indies cricket. If T&T wins, its gonna do wonders for West Indian cricket. Similar to maybe what 1983 did to India. :)

Users who are viewing this thread