Review: First Impressions of DB14 on PC

shan111

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The thing that always leave me confused is that when I'm bowling in Match Practice at veteran/Legend difficulty, I get plenty of edges; both inside and outside. As soon as I bowl in a actual match it just seems a totally different ball-game when it comes to generating edge. Sure I manage to get the batsman to edge a couple of times in every matches I've played so far but they are few and far between.
I just don't understand that if we could get so many edges in Match practice, then why it is the opposite in actual match? Unless the game mechanics or physics model is different for Match practice and an actual match, one would think that frequency of edges should be same in both the cases.

grkrama

National Board President
I just don't understand that if we could get so many edges in Match practice, then why it is the opposite in actual match? Unless the game mechanics or physics model is different for Match practice and an actual match, one would think that frequency of edges should be same in both the cases.

one reason i would guess is you are playing with true blue and bigant teams in practice mode, which i dont think are as skilled as int cricket teams.

shan111

Club Captain
one reason i would guess is you are playing with true blue and bigant teams in practice mode, which i dont think are as skilled as int cricket teams.

I've played one test match and one ODI on a green, hard pitch with S.Africa against Zim. In whole test, I got only 3 edges while on ODI, NONE!! THis was on veteran difficulty.

I can understand the point you're trying to make and I also used to think like that. But after playing those two matches, it certainly looks like something other than skills at play here regarding generation of edges. Maybe it could be the combination of skills and not skill level as a whole? I hope @BigAntStudios could shed some light on this.

Alberts

International Coach
1lO53LO.jpg

...this game...

At most, half a mm in that.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
That's so awesome...

Alberts

International Coach
One thing about getting these good screenshots is getting the video to track slowly enough. Maybe an even slower setting that the three already available would be useful for such things.

Bluehaze

Club Captain
I'm sure this is kissing the bail...

Attachments

• cricket14 2014-07-07 09-51-52-39.jpg
    cricket14 2014-07-07 09-51-52-39.jpg
    174.8 KB · Views: 46

asim5777

School Cricketer
Dear Internomad:
Please help me as all controls during batting and bowling are not working. Expecially in bowling left stik in not working for spin and seam setting. Also front key are also not working for selecting delivery type. I have good pc with xbox 360 usb controller.

handsome

International Coach
Ross, I have a suggestion which should not be too difficult to implement.

Can we have the ability to change batting position in career mode?

Apologies if we can already do that :spy

Alberts

International Coach
Dear Internomad:
Please help me as all controls during batting and bowling are not working. Expecially in bowling left stik in not working for spin and seam setting. Also front key are also not working for selecting delivery type. I have good pc with xbox 360 usb controller.

Is the controller working.

Have you let steam get the latest update?

ashidashraf

Club Captain
I really love how lights and shadows evolve in this game. Its BEAUTIFUL :cheers

Attachments

• home ground.jpg
    home ground.jpg
    191.7 KB · Views: 33
Has anyone managed to knock over the stumps whilst bowling yet?

:yes I knocked over the stumps through legs of the batsman on my very first ball the innings while playing casual match between Mumbai Indians and English county team.:wave I was playing as Mumbai Indian and that bowl speed was 151 KPH :D;):cheers

umosay

Club Captain
More I play it the more I wish there was a fielding map, getting run out way too much... don't want to look around the field every ball. Even if you do it's hard to predict the path of the shot. Too hard to know if you've gapped the ball.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread