Tutorial Fixing Lag and Stutters in Ashes Cricket 2009

SavageSmith

County Cricketer
India
RCB...
CSK
Profile Flag
India
You can finally play Ashes Cricket 2009 with no extreme lags through a new method

1) Download RTSS and install it. Then open it and click on Add.
2) Add Cricket2009.exe and put the value of 60 in Framerate Limit (IMPORTANT)

instruct60fps.PNG
3) Minimize it and launch Ashes Cricket 2009 and enjoy your smooth gameplay with no random lag or stutters.

Hope it helps you. Peace out :thumbs

Last edited:

Toby

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Gonna try this out and confirm! There's no doubt that the game ran much more swiftly and smoothly on windows 7. :(

AshesCricket2019

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Game runs perfectly for me now on Windows 10 + Nvidia with all the latest updates and has done for a good while now :) I can even record with Nvidia Share perfectly.

This is on a laptop, I find that running the laptop power mode on balanced works better than high performance to run the game smoothly, to keep my laptop cool I have a laptop cooler underneath and I also use a small desk fan to keep it even cooler blowing directly on my keyboard to cool the top side of the laptop. This isn't actually necessary but I find keeping laptops as cool as possible in general increases the lifespan of the components (no brainer really if you understand pc hardware/impact of high temperatures).

It's also a good idea to disassemble your laptop/PC once every 6 months - 1 year and carefully cleanout any dust and muck with some compressed air and pc cleaning products as this increases your temperatures and can be a factor in hardware such as your CPU/GPU throttling and causing framerate drops, it's a built in safety mechanism to stop those components reaching temperatures that would damage them.

Last edited:

AshesCricket2019

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
If you do use compressed air, be very careful not to blast air directly/from close at individual fan blades, even with 20+ years of working heavily with computers, hardware, software, building, fixing & cleaning PCs hundreds of times - I got sloppy and overconfident recently and pointed the little plastic straw/hose that comes with 99% of compressed air cannisters too close to one of my laptop's fan blades and it broke off, luckily the whole blade popped out and there was no damage and since it's a small fan with 20 blades or so 1 will not have a huge impact but it will probably lead to a 1-2°C temperature rise for that component unless I replace it.

Toby

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Game runs perfectly for me now on Windows 10 + Nvidia with all the latest updates and has done for a good while now :) I can even record with Nvidia Share perfectly.

This is on a laptop, I find that running the laptop power mode on balanced works better than high performance to run the game smoothly, to keep my laptop cool I have a laptop cooler underneath and I also use a small desk fan to keep it even cooler blowing directly on my keyboard to cool the top side of the laptop. This isn't actually necessary but I find keeping laptops as cool as possible in general increases the lifespan of the components (no brainer really if you understand pc hardware/impact of high temperatures).

It's also a good idea to disassemble your laptop/PC once every 6 months - 1 year and carefully cleanout any dust and muck with some compressed air and pc cleaning products as this increases your temperatures and can be a factor in hardware such as your CPU/GPU throttling and causing framerate drops, it's a built in safety mechanism to stop those components reaching temperatures that would damage them.
The heating is another 'issue'- yep, totally agree with you. As with the "PLAYING AT BALANCED POWER MODE makes it run smoother"- just tried it out. Turns out it indeed does. @SavageSmith I didn't try your method out as of now, but if I do, I shall confirm right on. Thanks for the help!

SavageSmith

County Cricketer
India
RCB...
CSK
Profile Flag
India
Update - added a new way that is light and works pretty well so no more audio hacks:cheers. Check the first message for it

Users who are viewing this thread