Football Transfers Thread

Trex99

Club Captain
Funnily enough that is one of the first things that crossed my mind -what if he gets injured? Read somewhere PSG are being funded by middle east and transfer is being investigated

Yeah if his performance takes a dip, this transfer will then officially be the joke of the century, everyone will forget about the transfers of Carroll, Shevchenko, Torres and Woodgate.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
So,@Jenocide , serious question

What do you think of arsenals tranfser policy (or lack of) the last few years. At time of writing only Lacazette purchased whilst other big teams buying far more. Can Arsenal realistically maintain a title challenge working in this manner?[DOUBLEPOST=1502003196][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yeah if his performance takes a dip, this transfer will then officially be the joke of the century, everyone will forget about the transfers of Carroll, Shevchenko, Torres and Woodgate.

Agreed, he is under a lot of pressure to perform....

El Loco

PCPF Mod Chief Superintendent
ENG....
With the Neymar transfer, surely it's just the case that money is valued less than it was in football 50 years ago simply because there is more of it in the sport, so it is more disposable.

Eye-watering nevertheless, and very bizarre to see this kind of money being thrown about like this.

Trex99

Club Captain
No offence but Qatar is not free of controversy
the 2022 wc is getting slammed by everyone, that cannot be denied and I've seen some reports of the horrible working conditions, accusations of bribery.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
No offence but Qatar is not free of controversy
the 2022 wc is getting slammed by everyone, that cannot be denied and I've seen some reports of the horrible working conditions, accusations of bribery.

Yeah but that can be levelled against most World Cup winning bids if you believe the reports (bribery)

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
just asking, was South Korea found guilty in that match against Italy in wc 2002? was an investigation ever done?

I don't think so. That would have been over all the news and hopefully I would have remembered it. The amount of investigations FIFA need to do (or have done on them) if equated to pounds would equal, oooh at least 1 week of Naymar's wages!

Jenocide

Banned
Profile Flag
England
So,@Jenocide , serious question

What do you think of arsenals tranfser policy (or lack of) the last few years. At time of writing only Lacazette purchased whilst other big teams buying far more. Can Arsenal realistically maintain a title challenge working in this manner?[DOUBLEPOST=1502003196][/DOUBLEPOST]

Agreed, he is under a lot of pressure to perform....
I di agree the transfer policy is very bad and I feel we should be up there getting the big players I feel also our squad is good but too small.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
I feel also our squad is good but too small.

Hasn't that been an issue for a number of years. Very generally Arsenal have good start to season but then typically tail off after Christmas which to be honest I can happening once more this season.

Talk of Gareth Bale might be on the market soon - interested?

Jenocide

Banned
Profile Flag
England
Hasn't that been an issue for a number of years. Very generally Arsenal have good start to season but then typically tail off after Christmas which to be honest I can happening once more this season.

Talk of Gareth Bale might be on the market soon - interested?
Yes but look at the players and look at the flops Chelsea and Man UTd have had and also man city?

Bale always was a gooner just waiting for the right time to come and follow Ramsey to the promised land. But the forces that be will not do it sadly.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
Yes but look at the players and look at the flops Chelsea and Man UTd have had and also man city?

Bale always was a gooner just waiting for the right time to come and follow Ramsey to the promised land. But the forces that be will not do it sadly.

Yeah cannot argue with that, but they are ones who have ended up winning the titles the past 10 years so their fans simply ignore this fact. Its only when they go through a dry spell does this type of thing gets mentioned as a problem

In all seriousness whilst I admire the boards transfer policy, in the current climate it will always restrict your chances. Be interesting to see how next 3 weeks pan out

Jenocide

Banned
Profile Flag
England
Yeah cannot argue with that, but they are ones who have ended up winning the titles the past 10 years so their fans simply ignore this fact. Its only when they go through a dry spell does this type of thing gets mentioned as a problem

In all seriousness whilst I admire the boards transfer policy, in the current climate it will always restrict your chances. Be interesting to see how next 3 weeks pan out
if you're bank rolled then I suppose it doesn't matter. Arsenal aren't but there should be more than just a token signing! The youth policy has proved very effective so maybe some of them will shine.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
if you're bank rolled then I suppose it doesn't matter. Arsenal aren't but there should be more than just a token signing! The youth policy has proved very effective so maybe some of them will shine.

This will be probably be a key element to your chances. Hope a for Man U class of 92 type scenario. with a small squad, if get injuries some of the youth should get a chance.

Users who are viewing this thread