Free cricket game - Rufus' Ant Cricket

Rufus

Game Developer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi All,

Check out my free cricket game at www.antcricket.com

There's a bit of information about the game at the website.

Basically it is a really simple little game written in VB6 where you get to bat against a computer controlled opponent. I admit it looks ugly but my friends and I have had a bit of fun playing it over the years, so I thought I'd make it available for download.

It takes quite a while to get used to the keyboard layout and get your timing right, but once you get used to the feel you will hopefully find that the keyboard layout is ok.

It was created in an older programming environment but I'm hoping people can still get it to work without too many problems. There's a bit of information on the website about how to get it to run more smoothly if there are any issues.

If you're interested in playing the game and have trouble getting it to work then drop me a line via the contact link on my website and I'll see if I can fix the problems for you!

Cheers,

Rufus

apesnani

Club Cricketer
just played it the game has got some seriulsy good addicting potential

just got to to fix the wide issue

the ball physics are more realistic than EA and Codies let me tell you

Last edited:

Eugene

Club Captain
SA.....
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Well done the game is addictive.:clap
Thank you for making this available to everyone.:cheers

Rohit Doshi

International Coach
The game is fantastic, addictive and it's really editable :thumbs

Loving this game now

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
When I download the game and try to open it, it says "File is not found". Any ideas what is wrong?

Rufus

Game Developer
When I download the game and try to open it, it says "File is not found". Any ideas what is wrong?

Are you saving the exe file to your computer before you try and open it (rather than just clicking on the download and pressing "Run")??

If you are doing that and it's still not working then I can try and email you the exe in a zipped format if you like (it's just under 4mb in size)...just send me an address you'd like me to send it to...

Rohit Doshi

International Coach
I really have got addicted to this :cheers

Its really awesome game. The simulation engine is so real

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
I don't understand anything when I start the game. Maybe someone can give me a crash course in it. ;)

Rohit Doshi

International Coach
Yes If Rufus allows then I might post a nice little photo album and some real good matches that I simmed

Rufus

Game Developer
No worries Rohit I'm ahhpy for you to post a photo album. Glad you are enjoying the game!

Yudi, when you first launch the game you will be at the "Main Screen" which allows you to select a new series. You can either choose a Test or One Day series, or choose World Cup (which will be a one day series). Now choose the home team and away team, the number of matches for the series and the max overs (if it's a one day type series). Click "Start New Series" and the new series will be created.

There is a bit of information on the left hand side that says "Next Scheduled World Test Championship Series" which is simply there as a guide to let you know the next series that is due to be played to keep the World Test Champ ratings building up/up to date. You don't have to play this series next, it is simply a guide. It will just stay as the "Next Scheduled" until you actually play it.

When you are happy with your new series, make sure you make any changes that you require to your lineup before you press "Play Next Match". This will start the next match in the series and take you out to the main playing screen.

The website has the details of the controls for actually playing the game.

Hopefully that will help you to atleast get started and have a bit of a play with the game.

If you have any other questions then let me know.

Cheers,

Rufus

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
It downloads, and then when I click it to try and open it and run the exe, it says something like "File not found" or "File cannot be opened", and when I right-click it to try and press open, the option to open is black out...

This is happening while I'm using Firefox.

When I use Internet Explorer, it says "Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file".

I've tried 20 times.

When the download says "Would you like to save this file", I say yes, so yes, I am saving it not just running it.

Any help is appreciated.

Chewie

BCCI President
Maybe save it to a different location?

Users who are viewing this thread