Friendlies leading to the World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Germany is playing against Japan tomorrow. That is something to look out for.

Hariz

International Cricketer
ZexyZahid said:
Germany is playing against Japan tomorrow. That is something to look out for.

Yup definitely, it is going to be a good match. Lets see if Germany can carry on their good form in this match.

sid_19840

International Coach
Looking forward to the England-Hungary game tonight,England should play a full strength team so this should be their first test.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Hariz said:
Yup definitely, it is going to be a good match. Lets see if Germany can carry on their good form in this match.

I am actually interested in the Japanese players. I didn't see them for some time ago and there must be some changes in the team. Also I read yesterday on the German TV, that Ballack was expected to play. Don't know the situation for today.

Sureshot

Executive member
Carragher is holding tonight.

Robinson
Neville
Terry
Rio
Ashley Cole
Carragher
Beckham
Lampard
Cole
Gerrard
Owen

Sureshot

Executive member
3-1

Gerrard
Terry
Crouch

Beckham was brilliant and could have had 4 assists.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Poland lost to Colombia with 2-1. One goal was scored by the goalkeeper. He kicked the ball out of his area, the ball kept bouncing and went in the other Polish goal. A goal to watch.

Also Germany drew with Japan with 2-2 and I didn't see the goals.. I watched only the first half. The first 20 minutes Japan was the better team. After that Germany started to play better football. I got bored and didn't watch anymore. When I switched again on the German channel it was 2-2. So I missed a lot of goals. And from the analysis I heard Germany was behind with 2-0. So Germany has some work to do.

Pak_cricketer

Chairman of Selectors
The Goalkeeper scored? Hmm, Love to see that game, will watch Gol (Covers most of the World Cup, and Soccer, in canada) tommorow..

Hariz

International Cricketer
Well some nice football overall today. The Japanese players played really well against a depleted German defence. No Huth, Lahm or Friedrich. Poor Bernd Schneider had to play as a right-back. But happy to see Ballack back into action and giving his everything. Schweini played well again and scored Germany's equalizer. Some work still to be done in the defence department.
In the England match S.Gerrard stood out tbh. Played the 1st half really well and scored eventually. Beckham was also in top form, some brilliant assists. Its a shame Lampard could'd finish of that penalty.
The Argentiniens also played well, although I just saw the highlights. Some good work by Riquelme, Crespo, Messi and Sorin.

Englishandproud

Club Cricketer
Why wasnt carrick given a go at the holding role for England yesterday ? Instead the Swede picks a defender in the first half and someone who clearly cant do the job in the second half to fill the void.
Other thren that a good performance all round.

sid_19840

International Coach
Iran have made a claim yesterday that they can progress past the group stages by beating Bosnia-Herzegovina 5-2.Good news for all the Group B teams(except T&T) is that T&T lost to Slovenia 1-3.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
ZexyZahid said:
Poland lost to Colombia with 2-1. One goal was scored by the goalkeeper. He kicked the ball out of his area, the ball kept bouncing and went in the other Polish goal. A goal to watch.

Also Germany drew with Japan with 2-2 and I didn't see the goals.. I watched only the first half. The first 20 minutes Japan was the better team. After that Germany started to play better football. I got bored and didn't watch anymore. When I switched again on the German channel it was 2-2. So I missed a lot of goals. And from the analysis I heard Germany was behind with 2-0. So Germany has some work to do.

I just saw the game on the news. Lol what a crack up. The bounce was quite large around half way giving enough momentum for the ball to reach the other end. The keeper just totally misjudged it.

Sureshot

Executive member
Jamaica at Old Trafford tomorrow, 14:00 British Time kick off, hint at Crouch and Owen starting, Neville misses out.

Hariz

International Cricketer
Germany vs Columbia also starting shortly in M?nchengladbach. It's being reported that a complete German side will be playing today, that will most probably be the starting line-up of the opening match of the world cup.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread