Gaming PC! Suggestions please.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
You've had some pretty good suggestions. Not sure if I have anything better to add.

Alexei.

User Title Purchaser
PAK...
NZ....
LQ
QG
Sydney Thunder
I'm going for i5 :D
Asus motherboard and 8GigsRAM

Last edited:

Bluebagger

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Go to pcpartpicker and make sure everything is compatible and make sure the PSU is fully modular.

Chewie

BCCI President
Fully modular isn't really necessary - it can really bring the price of a computer up, for (relatively) small benefits (speaking as someone who has one). Better cable management/slightly better airflow/slightly easier building the computer aren't worth the extra price if you're on a budget. And even then, almost all of those benefits can come from a semi-modular PSU as well which will be cheaper.

Despite the above though, you really don't want to skimp on a PSU because if it blows up, it can take the rest of your computer with it.

Bluebagger

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Fully modular isn't really necessary - it can really bring the price of a computer up, for (relatively) small benefits (speaking as someone who has one). Better cable management/slightly better airflow/slightly easier building the computer aren't worth the extra price if you're on a budget. And even then, almost all of those benefits can come from a semi-modular PSU as well which will be cheaper.

Despite the above though, you really don't want to skimp on a PSU because if it blows up, it can take the rest of your computer with it.

It absolutely is. Anything that makes air flower better and thus reducing temperatures is well worth it. You can easily shelve out an extra $30 or so for a fully modular PSU and I would argue it's the most important piece of hardware to buy and the one you should not skimp on the purchase anyway. No excuse not to go fully modular when your prime usage is gaming imo

Chewie

BCCI President
It absolutely is. Anything that makes air flower better and thus reducing temperatures is well worth it. You can easily shelve out an extra $30 or so for a fully modular PSU and I would argue it's the most important piece of hardware to buy and the one you should not skimp on the purchase anyway. No excuse not to go fully modular when your prime usage is gaming imo

Most tests show the benefit from the slightly better airflow to have a negligible impact on case temps. For example, see

At any rate, a semi-modular PSU provides the same benefits for lower price.[DOUBLEPOST=1493633243][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, unless you are overclocking heavily, you won't be anywhere near the max temps of your components

Alexei.

User Title Purchaser
PAK...
NZ....
LQ
QG
Sydney Thunder
Bought it.
Almost Cost 350$ with All Components
GTX1060 3GB GDDR5 ZOTAC
i5 3570
ASUS Mainboard.
600W Power
Samsung SSD 500GB
ncsTech system
Red and Blue Soothing LEDs :p
Other things out of this
Samsung 19 inch Half HD 1440x900
Dell Mouse :P
Dell Keyboard :P
(Planning to upgrade Logitech Wireless key and mouse on EID)

Last edited:

Perfect Square

No Corners
PAK...
CSK
LQ
MS
Sydney Sixers
Brisbane Heat
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Bought it.
Almost Cost 350$ with All Components
GTX1060 3GB GDDR5 ZOTAC
i5 3570
ASUS Mainboard.
600W Power
Samsung SSD 500GB
nTech Casing
Red and Blue Soothing LEDs :p
Other things out of this
Samsung 19 inch Half HD 1440x900
Dell Mouse :P
Dell Keyboard :P
(Planning to upgrade Logitech Wireless key and mouse on EID)
Have you bought in parts or as a single PC?
How much GTX1060 3GB GDDR5 ZOTAC coated of you know?
I hope you get enough Eidi to upgrade Logitech Wireless keyboard and mouse... :p

Alexei.

User Title Purchaser
PAK...
NZ....
LQ
QG
Sydney Thunder
Have you bought in parts or as a single PC?
How much GTX1060 3GB GDDR5 ZOTAC coated of you know?
I hope you get enough Eidi to upgrade Logitech Wireless keyboard and mouse... :p
Card Separate.Rest as a unit.Coared of you know? What do you mean??
Eidi will be enough 6k+ xD

Till Valhalla

ICC Chairman
The Boys
Profile Flag
Papua New Guinea
tenor.gif

Users who are viewing this thread