General Cricket Discussion

ahmedleo414

The Butcher
PAK...
LQ
The Boys
Profile Flag
Canada
Since there's no thread for Ireland tour of West Indies I'll just post here.

Pollard hitting 6s for fun now. 3 in a row

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Today I learned that Navdeep Saini has an ODI batting average of 50+ :eek:

Courtesy: Wasim Jaffer :lol that guy is fun on Twitter

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
View attachment 261183
Can somebody explain me this points system?
Like What's PCT etc etc?

This change was brought about by the ICC mid-2020. It raised quite a few eyebrows, especially within the Top3, as the qualification criteria for the WTC Final was based on the 'percentage of winning' rather than 'total points won'

In all fairness, the PCT system gives a fair chance to the countries that do not play much cricket. In the case of Sri Lanka, Pakistan, West Indies, they now have a decent chance of making it to the WTC Final by winning everything/bulk of what the play. For the likes of the Top3, this is an obvious disadvantage cause they cannot maximize the winning percentage. The more matches they play, the base increases, thereby making it difficult for them to qualify, in case they lose/ draw a few games.

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
View attachment 261319

Just going to leave it here. My best bet- the ICC will agree on paper, then kick him out and have an annual tri-nation involving only the Big 3, with the profits to be shared among the Big3 only.

Why would this be allowed? Isn't it a super league sort of situation? What if one of these teams becomes dog tier at T20 then what? Why should they be allowed to do it

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
The ICC needs to give its blessings to any proposed tournament. Considering that India, Australia and England are calling the shots in world cricket, it wouldn't surprise me if the ICC green lights this.

Users who are viewing this thread