General Cricket Discussion

Skankhunt_42

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Well, I'm happy to see them going Global. But in super 8, I'd rather watch each team play each other en route to top 4. There'll be boring aspects but... let's give the associates a chance... they'll definitely entertain us.....your thoughts???

FB_IMG_1669178357263.jpg

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Well, I'm happy to see them going Global. But in super 8, I'd rather watch each team play each other en route to top 4. There'll be boring aspects but... let's give the associates a chance... they'll definitely entertain us.....your thoughts???

View attachment 273212
I'd rather not watch every team play each other. I'm pleased the Super Eight is just two groups. Would prefer quarter finals but this is at least a step in the right direction.

Satan666

International Cricketer
India
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Tangerine Chanderpaul batting with a similar stance/walk to the shot like Shiv. He is nearing a half century looks like a good prospect.

Dont know if this can be the carbon print for other nations but the WI test side, batters at least are completely different to the T20 sloggers. Seems its the one form they’ve slightly improved in over the years.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
Tangerine Chanderpaul batting with a similar stance/walk to the shot like Shiv. He is nearing a half century looks like a good prospect.

Dont know if this can be the carbon print for other nations but the WI test side, batters at least are completely different to the T20 sloggers. Seems its the one form they’ve slightly improved in over the years.
It's Tagenarine

Bevab

Staff Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
@wasteyouryouth I've decided to throw up a Bazball batting order for every side that I can think of with the guys they have carrying on from our previous discussion. :spy

Starting with Australia...

:aus: :bat: David Warner
:aus: :bat: Nic Maddinson
:aus: :bat: Travis Head
:aus: :bat: Steve Smith
:aus: :ar: Glenn Maxwell
:aus: :ar: Cameron Green
:aus: :wk: Josh Inglis

• Warner is tailor made for this approach and he's the perfect opener you'd want from this era. Partnering him will not be the stodgy Khawaja from Queensland but it'll be Maddo who has honed the art of Bazballing on the roads of Junction Oval and MCG.

• Over at three Labuschagne will make way for a promoted Head in a very Pope esque move as Head's deficiencies against spin are shielded and he's just purely tasked with deploying those drives instead (yes Labu has the superior test SR over Head by 0.01 but Head's the more aggressive one and a side could always use more Head, trust me:spy).

• There's no stopping Smith from playing in this lineup though, he's the best since Bradman and he'll be unburdened in this lineup with encouragement to play like the side's seven down. Maxwell will finally get justice in this side for all those years of FC performances and he'll be backed to the end.

• Green's the most traditional batter in this side but his raw talent and balance he offers means he'll have to grudgingly play in this side... we'll make a Stokes out of him soon enough. Carey's got some impressive aggressive performances in this side but Inglis is a different class when it comes to hitting and so it'll be the British born keeper who will play ahead of him.

With noted activist Cummins leading the side and the Aussie version of nighthawk in Mitchell Starc also present... this side will be a mighty challenge for Baz's boys!

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
@wasteyouryouth I've decided to throw up a Bazball batting order for every side that I can think of with the guys they have carrying on from our previous discussion. :spy

Starting with Australia...

:aus: :bat: David Warner
:aus: :bat: Nic Maddinson
:aus: :bat: Travis Head
:aus: :bat: Steve Smith
:aus: :ar: Glenn Maxwell
:aus: :ar: Cameron Green
:aus: :wk: Josh Inglis

• Warner is tailor made for this approach and he's the perfect opener you'd want from this era. Partnering him will not be the stodgy Khawaja from Queensland but it'll be Maddo who has honed the art of Bazballing on the roads of Junction Oval and MCG.

• Over at three Labuschagne will make way for a promoted Head in a very Pope esque move as Head's deficiencies against spin are shielded and he's just purely tasked with deploying those drives instead (yes Labu has the superior test SR over Head by 0.01 but Head's the more aggressive one and a side could always use more Head, trust me:spy).

• There's no stopping Smith from playing in this lineup though, he's the best since Bradman and he'll be unburdened in this lineup with encouragement to play like the side's seven down. Maxwell will finally get justice in this side for all those years of FC performances and he'll be backed to the end.

• Green's the most traditional batter in this side but his raw talent and balance he offers means he'll have to grudgingly play in this side... we'll make a Stokes out of him soon enough. Carey's got some impressive aggressive performances in this side but Inglis is a different class when it comes to hitting and so it'll be the British born keeper who will play ahead of him.

With noted activist Cummins leading the side and the Aussie version of nighthawk in Mitchell Starc also present... this side will be a mighty challenge for Baz's boys!
I don't think England would drop Labuschagne if they had him. They might be daring but they aren't stupid. :lol

Starc would be a good night hawk. I've always thought Cummins batting like he does in the IPL would make more sense then whatever timid rubbish he usually unveils in test cricket.

Maxi is definitely one that would add something, his bowling is a good addition too.

Users who are viewing this thread