General Cricket Discussion

Satan666

International Cricketer
India
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Good to read Tangerine Chanderpaul knocking up a century in his 2nd test match. I recall his father went a good few games before making the eventual century.

Joni89

School Cricketer
What are your thoughts about VIP/Hospitality tickets for UK Cricket events?

Have you purchased these type of packages and did you think they were worth the money?

I am currently undertaking PhD research at Aberystwyth University Business School and would be grateful if you could please take the time to complete an online survey based on these types of ticket packages. Further details can be found on this link:

https://aber.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/vip-hospitality-sports-event-survey

Thank you very much.

Permission to post this has been granted by moderators

Satan666

International Cricketer
India
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Virat Kohli is the best batsman of this generation.

Virat is the best batsman playing today.

Virat, can be argued, certainly in the conversation as the best batsman of all time.

Virat is the all time greatest batsman from India.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Could be in the wrong here but you seem pretty passionate about the T20 WC that was recently held. Perhaps its T20 cricket you have a passion for only.

Nothings wrong with how you feel tbh. I sincerely think this is the sentiment of most Indians, most Asians in general, and nothing is wrong with that at all.

Moving this from the India vs Australia series thread, since this topic fits here more.

I followed T20 WC more because it’s easier to follow due to its duration, but again didn’t feel any passion/ emotion when India didn’t make the final.

Franchise leagues should hopefully fasten the reduction of interest for people in nation vs nation sport. Franchise leagues can remove the toxic ‘fake nationalism’ while continuing to employ cricketers and also feed the bottom line of the respective board.

Nationalism should be used for achievements that a country makes in other areas (eg. development, improving/saving quality of lives, ideas that progress the nation/ works, etc). Nationalism has no place IMHO, in sport.

Satan666

International Cricketer
India
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Moving this from the India vs Australia series thread, since this topic fits here more.

I followed T20 WC more because it’s easier to follow due to its duration, but again didn’t feel any passion/ emotion when India didn’t make the final.

Franchise leagues should hopefully fasten the reduction of interest for people in nation vs nation sport. Franchise leagues can remove the toxic ‘fake nationalism’ while continuing to employ cricketers and also feed the bottom line of the respective board.

Nationalism should be used for achievements that a country makes in other areas (eg. development, improving/saving quality of lives, ideas that progress the nation/ works, etc). Nationalism has no place IMHO, in sport.
Interesting take, do understand your reasoning, guess I kinda agree with you as well.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner

Bwaahahaaaaaa.... :D:cheers If England can feel this kind of a squeeze with this whole "franchise leagues is coming after international cricket to test player loyalties" thing, imagine the situation in other countries. FRANCHISE CRICKET IS COMIN' FOR YOU, BABY!!!

In the end, the deciding factor is about money. All the "nationalism / nationalist pride / national duty" brouhaha is just a marketing tool for the ICC and the member boards to entice fans to follow/watch the games and take their money. Countries dont lose anything if their national team loses a cricket game or a tournament or even a World Cup. Few days of disappointment for the fans, but the respective nation moves on. All nations and their member boards get revenue irrespective of whether their team wins or loses. Then why in the bloody hell, do players get abuse for choosing their paths which conflicts with their availability to play international cricket?

Satan666

International Cricketer
India
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India

Bwaahahaaaaaa.... :D:cheers If England can feel this kind of a squeeze with this whole "franchise leagues is coming after international cricket to test player loyalties" thing, imagine the situation in other countries. FRANCHISE CRICKET IS COMIN' FOR YOU, BABY!!!

In the end, the deciding factor is about money. All the "nationalism / nationalist pride / national duty" brouhaha is just a marketing tool for the ICC and the member boards to entice fans to follow/watch the games and take their money. Countries dont lose anything if their national team loses a cricket game or a tournament or even a World Cup. Few days of disappointment for the fans, but the respective nation moves on. All nations and their member boards get revenue irrespective of whether their team wins or loses. Then why in the bloody hell, do players get abuse for choosing their paths which conflicts with their availability to play international cricket?
Yeah but at present India got a monopoly since they object to NOC for their players to figure in leagues outside of India.

The thing is as you rightfully said you cant wrong a guy for wanting the best income possible for his family, sadly that means snubbing your national team.

I’ll just like the Indian fans to feel this pain as well. Time for BCCI to award NOC to their players to participate in BBL, SAT20, CPL etc. Let me tell you when this happens it could very well be the last straw for test cricket.

Users who are viewing this thread