General Cricket Discussion

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Apparently the BCCI has just dropped the list of venues for the CWC2023.
Screenshot_2023-03-22-00-55-19-82_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb.jpg

I am very surprised that Bengaluru, Guwahati Lucknow,Indore and Rajkot made the list. To me, this seems entirely political. These stadiums/ cities do not deserve to host World Cup matches due to stadium size and cleanliness(Bengaluru),city cleanliness, hospitality and connectivity factors.

I would have considered Pune, Mohali, Kochi and Nagpur instead.

Also seems the final is scheduled for Ahmedabad. Politics will mean that they schedule the semis at Rajkot and Lucknow.:abuse:

Na Maloom Afraad

Man of Tomorrow
PlanetCricket Award Winner
The Boys
Indore and Rajkot need to make way for Mohali and Jaipur as far as I'm concerned, not the highest capacity grounds either but at least they have IPL teams there, should be a no brainer

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
IPL franchise shouldnt be the basis for hosting a World Cup game. Sawai Man Singh has fallen off the radar for quite some time now. Doesn't surprise me that it doesn't feature in the list.

The BCCI spent quite a bit of money in getting stadiums ready in other cities. Should have put them to good use.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
How true is this?

I should stop responding to click bait and speculative journalism.

The ICC confirmed that the WT20 would go ahead as planned.

Pinch hitter

Smash… Smash… Smash!
India
RCB...
Avengers
Cricket lovers should watch Zimbabwe vs Netherlands ODI series... 2 nail-biter encounters... Series 1-1 now... Zimbabwe won by ONE run in 2nd ODI... Netherlands won 1st match with 3 wickets and one ball remaining, specially after 6 wickets down for 110 runs when chasing 250 runs, also Zimbabwe scored 249 runs from 98 for 7...

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Meanwhile, ECB trying to bring Sunak into the side for CWC 2023! Could work out well for them....:Cheersmate: I just hope India doesn't employ the same trick to get Mr Modi inot the XI

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
We have Rahul.

Modi has been replacing Rahul everywhere though :grinning:

That said, I wouldn't mind a certain Lalit Kumar Modi coming back to Indian cricket. Might as well bring in some parity to the IPL structure nd help develop the game. Had he not been kicked out, IPL would have had 12 teams by now.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Great spine shown by the PCB here.

Pakistan could play their World Cup 2023 matches in Bangladesh

I do hope it comes to this... My prediction is that the CWC will be jointly hosted ,just like in 2011. Had SRL qualified already,this would have been settled by now. But kudos to the PCB for standing upto Jay Shah

CooldiPargi

Aal Izz Well
India
RCB...
CSK
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Great spine shown by the PCB here.

Pakistan could play their World Cup 2023 matches in Bangladesh

I do hope it comes to this... My prediction is that the CWC will be jointly hosted ,just like in 2011. Had SRL qualified already,this would have been settled by now. But kudos to the PCB for standing upto Jay Shah
What about Knock-Out matches then?

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
It has been quashed by the ICC immediately anyways and the BCCI has apparently guaranteed that all the teams will receive their visas properly on time.

Users who are viewing this thread