Will Bayern defend their title?

• Yes

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 52.2%

• Total voters

Epic

Panel of Selectors
:clap Damn ha, that's a very positive reaction by the Dortmund fans. Really thought he would have gotten some serious stick by them for going Bayern.

I think it's got to do with the fact that while the proposed move was behind BVB's back, when he realized that BVB were unwilling to sell him when he wanted to go, which was last summer, he didn't morph into a petty diva like Tevez and instead got his head down and gave the club and fans a solid season.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Guardiola does my head in sometimes when he tries to be too cute and thinks he's some kind of tactical pioneer amongst cavemen.

ParkedTheBus

International Coach
Profile Flag
Australia
Wow , what a goal line clearance from Dante , it did seem to go in though.

EDIT: On seeing it again , I feel it was surely in.

Last edited:

ParkedTheBus

International Coach
Profile Flag
Australia
Bn3HzjnIcAAfkYl.jpg

War

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
World Cup: Philipp Lahm retires from international football after Germany's win in Brazil | Football News | Sky Sports

Shocker, 2 years wait and he could've probably added a World Cup and Euro double next to his name.

Very strange, maybe he is trying to lengthen his club career? At least he left on a high, though I see Germany going on a Spain-esque domination period so I reckon they'll take out the next World Cup too.

Well Ginter to Dortmund !! is confirmed !

Quality signing. One of the top young CBs in world football, will be starting for Germany in the Euros I feel.

Well Benedikt Howedes can play on right With Jerome Boateng on left Mats Hummels + Holger Badstuber : CB
Erik Durm is a good player as for Mustafi who knows he might improve :) another player is Sebastian Jung almighty tweak even Lars Bender can play as a RB !

Jung is quality and can easily take his spot. He will get more recognition at Wolfsburg.

Durm can play on either side too and is developing nicely.

Boateng is better on the right, had Lahm not been at the World Cup for example it would've been the same line-up Germany used in their first few games, Hoewedes-Hummels-Mertesacker-Boateng.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
IMO it's pretty much impossible to identify a good centre back from a bad one, there are a few outstanding ones like kompany when he's on form and thiago silva obviously. football tactics are very weighted against them right now though, the main threats come from out wide where it's impossible to man mark. a defender is declared rubbish if he's out of position on occassion. that's like messi being declared rubbish if he's caught offside once.

it's more about how well a manager sets up his stall to protect them, how deep they're told to be and what support they get from the midfield.

I like hummels though, germany played very high and he was caught from time to time but he seemed able to tidy up after himself well enough.

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
What I don't like from Hummels is that he suffers from concentration lapses too often and his positioning is far from world class IMO. He's no leader of the defence either which is another important attribute that can contribute to your importance to a defence (e.g. Thiago Silva for Brazil). For a defender to be good IMO, it's all about the brain rather than just physical characteristics. It helps if they have all of these attributes though, like say Thiago Silva and hence I regard him as perhaps the only true world class CB there is off the top of my head. As for Kompany, the guy was world class in 11/12. He is still riding off that season though and hasn't hit that level of dominance again. Well overrated now.

He is a very good tackler though, and scores a lot of goals for a defender. Which is why I think he's overrated, as it seems too many people judge defenders on their goalscoring ability and ability to make Hollywood tackles.

Ginter has intelligence well beyond his years. Will be world class no doubt and I wouldn't put Hummels in that bracket.

IMO there are too many players that are overrated and overhyped by the media and people without the intelligence to analyse football to any extent. Take David Luiz in the early stages of the World Cup for example.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread