Bayern Formation :
--Sagnol-----Lucio-----Van Buyten----Lahm--
-------------------Ottl----------------------
----Salihamidzic------------Schweinsteiger---
----------------Hargreaves------------------
-------Makaay--------------Santa Cruz------

fcb_bvb_03_dpa_110806.jpg
fcb_bvb_07_dpa_110806.jpg

Alright the Bundesliga kicks of with a very good start for Bayern Munich beating Borussia Dortmund 2-0. Kahn playing in his 500th Bundesliga appearance did very well in goal stopping many clear chances. Bayern played at a very high tempo scoring already in the first 25 odd minutes with a decent Makaay shot. Schweinsteiger made it 2-0 in the second half with a wide range effort. Podolski came on in the dying minutes just to get a feel of the Bundesliga in the Bayern shirt. On the whole a good performance and result for us.

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Got a hammering from FC Nurnberg in our first game, losing 3-0. Both our new mexican signings did play. No Fernando Meira though.

I thought Mathieu Delpierre had a poor game. Veh better sort things out quickly because a 3-0 home defeat is probably close to the worst start that you can have to a new season.

Hariz

International Cricketer
Bundesliga results for today. As mentioned previously a bad start for Vfb Stuttgart losing at home. Good performances by Bayer Leverkusen and Mainz 05.

HSV(Hamburg) - Arminia > 1:1
Schalke 04 - Frankfurt > 1:1
Bayer Leverkusen - Aachen > 3:0
Stuttgart - N?rnberg > 0:3
M'gladbach - FC Energie > 2:0
Mainz 05 - Bochum > 2:1

Hariz

International Cricketer
m_vaughan said:
Good start for Arminia, to draw away against Hamburg.

Yeah Hamburg have had a miserable start to the season so far after finishing 3rd last season. First the goalless draw against Osasuna in their Champions league qualifier and then this performance, both at home is not very convincing.

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
I actually fancy Osasuna to go through. But I also think its really unlucky to draw an opponent from the Spanish League in the qualifying round. I believe teams from Spain, Italy and Germany should not be drawn against each other at this stage.

sachin

International Coach
m_vaughan said:
Got a hammering from FC Nurnberg in our first game, losing 3-0. Both our new mexican signings did play. No Fernando Meira though.

I thought Mathieu Delpierre had a poor game. Veh better sort things out quickly because a 3-0 home defeat is probably close to the worst start that you can have to a new season.
Great performance by Nurnberg,two aussie boys on the bench(along with Kennedy who is injured).Very good start!

Hariz

International Cricketer
Today's results:

Hannover - Werder Bremen > 2:4
Wolfsburg - Hertha BSC > 0:0

Werder Bremen come back from 2-1 down to win 4-2 in their opening Bundesliga match. Amazing display of attacking football and that especially away from home clearly explains Bremen are eying the title this time. Klose scored twice opening his Bundesliga account after being the top goalscorer last season.

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
Just saw highlights from Bremen-Hannover game, and I have to say that Werder really look good this season. Tim Borowski missed a penalty as well, but Bremen winning comfortably in the end.

I think in their current form, they can actually beat anyone.

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
Nasty incident happened during Schalke's training session today (15th Aug).

Frank Rost and Sebastian Boenisch had to stop training early. The incident happened when both players were going for the ball, the forward in an attempt to score, the goalie trying to prevent that.

Boenisch and Rost clattered into each other. Both suffered deep cuts on their respective shins and had to be taken to hospital for treatment. It remains to be seen when to duo can start training again.

I've actually seen something similar happen during my schooldays.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Cristoph Metzelder and Sebastian Kehl are also not playing this game with knee injuries. Malik Fath (defender) of BSC Berlin is also a part of the team for this match.

Hariz

International Cricketer
Yeah Manuel Freidrich (Mainz 05) and Malik Fathi (Hertha BSC) have been called up to improve the defensive department. With Kehl and Ballack missing through injury a good chance for some young talent to come through. Friedrich was actually expecting to be selected in the WC 06 squad but was left out and some senior players like Nowotny were selected, so now he would like to make use if this opportunity.

Hariz

International Cricketer
Well not a very tough job for the German team as they beat a depleted Swedish side 3-0. All the goals scored in the first half where the Swedish players could'nt keep up with the tempo of the German attack. Klose once again performed scoring twice. The two debutants Manuel Friedrich and Malik Fathi came on in the second half and played well but had not much to do as Germany won comfortabely.

Users who are viewing this thread