• Yes

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 52.2%

• Total voters

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
13-0 Germany, with Stuttgart's Hitzlsperger coming off the bench to score two himself.

The Germans continue to play exciting and entertaining football, very unlike them.

Also the DFB Pokal 1st round takes place this weekend, and VfB have an away tie against Aachen. New signing Arthur Boka is expected to play.

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
Stuttgart have thrashed Aachen II 4-0 in the first round of the German Cup. Bierofka, Tomasson, Hilbert and Cacau all getting on the scoresheet.

Arthur Boka made his debut for the Reds, and according to me the best player on the pitch was Antonio Da Silva. He was ruling those Aachen defenders.

Hariz

International Cricketer
Bayern also proceed to the second round of the DFB Pokal after beating Hamburg's St. Pauli 2-1. Lucio got himself a needless red card in the dying minutes of the second half but the good news was that Podolski scored with almost his first touch after coming on for Makaay and then Lahm scored the winner with a deflected cross. It was lucky but we take it..........:)

Maxkarter

Battrick Tournament Host
Great, hopefully from this match onwards Podolski will get to start a little more often.

Hariz

International Cricketer
Maxkarter said:
Great, hopefully from this match onwards Podolski will get to start a little more often.

Yeah Magath has a lot more confidence in Podolski now, thats why he let him start with Pizarro instead of Makaay in the Champions League game against Spartak Moscow.

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
This weekend Stuttgart have a tough game away to Werder Bremen. Even the Orange and Green stripes arent in very good form (losing to Schalke in Bundesliga, knocked out of DFB Pokal and beaten by Chelsea in CL), they still are the favourites for this game.

We will be once again without Fernando Meira hence new signing Arthur Boka might have a difficult debut game handling the likes of Klasnic and Klose.

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
We beat Bremen!!!!!

3-2 after trailing 2-0 at one stage. Hilbert scored for both sides, and Mario Gomez winner in the 87th minute really got me shouting like crazy!

Hariz

International Cricketer
Results Gameweek 4:

Wolfsburg - Hannover > 1:2
N?rnberg - Bochum > 1:1
FC Energie - Mainz 05 > 2:0
Aachen - M'gladbach > 4:2
Arminia - FC Bayern > 2:1
Dortmund - HSV > 1:0
Werder - Stuttgart > 2:3

A poor performance by us against Arminia Bielefeld conceding a 1-0 lead to lose 1-2 in the end. Schweini was the only player who looked good but the rest was dissappointing. Hope we can get our form back before the CL clash with Inter.

Hariz

International Cricketer
A home game for Bayern this weekend against Aachen and then the CL game away to Inter are tough tests coming up. Hope they do well without Hargreaves, who will most probably be replaced by Demichelis.

The good news is that Deisler and G?rlitz have started training again and are well on track for comebacks.

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
Looking forward to the return of Deisler. I still am a big fan of him.

Anyways we too have a home tie against Eintracht Frankfurt. Like I said before, we are yet to win a game at home this season in the Bundesliga, having lost both the games here. On the other hand we've won both our away games.

Veh is likely to stick to the attacking pairing of Cacau and Mario Gomez, which could add to the growing frustration of John Dahl Tomasson. In the 3-2 win over Werder Bremen, Tomasson started on the bench and dint even make a substitute appearance in the game. Infact Veh replaced Cacau with Strellar in the second half and the Swiss striker setup Gomes for the winning goal.

Fernando Meira, Dirk Heinen, Andreas Beck, Silvio Meissner and Alexander Farnerud are all sidelined through injury.

Maxkarter

Battrick Tournament Host
I also quite like Diesler, pity he had that period of manic depression......

Things could be quite a bit different if it wasnt for that.

Hopefully Bayern can get a good result in both games, the squad is still pretty weak but it all should be back to normal soon.

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
Damn!! Alexander Meier's goal in the 88th minute denied us our first home win of the season. Extremely disappointed because we were easily the better side and played a good and positive game. But Gomez I thought wasted too many chances, and even though he did score eventually, we should have been atleast two up by that stage.

Crucial points dropped. 10th in the table i think at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread