Go back A Nehra !

Chetan0304

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
He can bat, bowl and field. :hpraise

But we need someone is more deserving and better than him.

Forget the last over he bowled focus the chances he missed and his crap bowling.

Last edited:

rahuldravidfan

International Cricketer
He can bounce back. And Sree is always there in the background. If Sree comes back, he will come in at PKs cost and Nehra will be on the fringes as PK is a handy bat too

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
What do you mean bounce back? This whole thing has been a charade. He should never have been brought back. He's utterly useless and has been lucky to get as many wickets as he has.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
His fielding alone is enough to throw him out. Laughable fielding he does! He gets clobbered most often. He is trying to crank up pace but he has no control that Zaheer has (inspite of both being similar in experience)

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
He can't bat, bowl and field. :hpraise

fixed plox.

I don't like Nehra at all. I think he's laughable in the field, horrid with the bat and isn't a step forward for team India. But has he done alright with the ball in the chances given? Yes, he has.

I say drop him but it would def be a tough move for the sels to make at this point. Looking forward to Sree replacing him.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Hes always been crap with bat and fielding but his bowling has been good since his return. Although it seems to be dropping lately.

P

pcfan123

I like his attitude, he gets riled up and pumped like a man, not like Sreesanth who looks like he is on his period when he is riled up.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I like his attitude, he gets riled up and pumped like a man, not like Sreesanth who looks like he is on his period when he is riled up.

Lols. Well Nehra has a potent weapon in his armory i.e. inswing to right handers. Any left arm bowler that can bring that ball back in at/over 85 MPH can be handy. Problem with him is that he has no stock delivery. He is very inconsistent with his line and length. He has had enough cricket to get into the groove but if he still can't do it, India should look for a better option.

rahuldravidfan

International Cricketer
What do you mean bounce back? This whole thing has been a charade. He should never have been brought back. He's utterly useless and has been lucky to get as many wickets as he has.

So who apart from Ashish Nehra was experienced enough, in form and on target in Zaheer Khan's absence to spearhead the bowling attack?

To bounce back from injuries the way he has takes a lot of character. Luck can't bring anyone so far. Effort is the keyword here. Who doesn't have bad games? Zak had one in the 1st ODI. Sree had a bad 3rd Test. We as people need to give our players some time to settle. And I believe Ashish is going to be around for awhile. The selectors have showed a lot of faith in him and he's paying off :)

King Cricket

International Coach

The selectors had to pick him in the team. Zaheer was injured, Ishant was out of form, and RP Sh!t was as ████ as ever. In an almost bare cupboard (our pace bowling department) Nehra was one of the few good bowlers left.

IMO, he has done okay with the ball in the chances he has been given since his comeback. But that being said, I always viewed him as a temporary investment, chosen to fill the gap till a better option emerges. Now, a better option has indeed emerged in the name of Sreesanth, and I'd really prefer Nehra being swapped with him.

Last edited:

Harishan

Club Cricketer
He has done a good job to retain his spot in the side after all those injuries, surgeries and physiotherapy sessions. At some stage he was completely written off to not make a return to internaional cricket. So it has been a great achievement for Nehra to make a comeback and he does deserve some credit.

He bowled reasonably well in the Champions Trophy and in the ODI series against Australia but since then his form has really started to drop off. He can be a good bowler at times but he lacks a lot of temperament.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Finally, people are in same line as how I was ages back. :p Zaheer & Ishant have to be in prime form for us along with Praveen & Sree. Yes, Praveen does not have pace, but he has the capacity to irritate batsmen while most of our pace bowlers have managed to irritate us & not the batsmen. :p

surendar added 2 Minutes and 26 Seconds later...

he does deserve some credit.

Ok, let him deserve that credit & let him be sent home with good credit. We just don't need him. RP, VRV Singh & Munaf to follow the same line but may be with bad credit - TO BE SENT HOME & rest from cricket forever.

Harishan

Club Cricketer
Ok, let him deserve that credit & let him be sent home with good credit. We just don't need him. RP, VRV Singh & Munaf to follow the same line but may be with bad credit - TO BE SENT HOME & rest from cricket forever.

haha good call Suren :p.
When Sreesanth is full recovered I'm sure Nehra will be gone in a flash. (fingers crossed)

And why did Dhoni decide to bowl him Nehra in the death overs of the recent ODI, sheesh! He almost cost us the game in the end.

Last edited:

PotterManiac

School Cricketer
A Nehra

In bowler friendly conditions, he might be good...But the thing is, in such conditions, most Indian bowlers are good (Zaheer, SreeSanth P Kumar etc)
So what I think is, bowling in batting friendly conditions is the real test for him to pass....but so far he has only failed.

Thanks
PotterManiac

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Why the Nehra hate? I think he's been doing excellently. He's bowled quick, he's swinging the ball, so what if he's a bit wayward, he's getting breakthroughs and that's what we want from a strike bowler.

And so what if he can't bat, we have batsmen to do that. Can't believe I'm hearing people complain about a bowler not being able to bat...

And he's a liability in the field, but as long as he's getting wickets and bowling well, it shouldn't be an issue. He's an experienced bowler, he's got talent, and he's getting wickets.

But I agree that his temperament isn't good and he loses his cool when being hit around, and that we have better options like Sreesanth and RP. SS should be returning soon I hope, and RP's had a bit of bad form but is still an excellent bowler, and should be back in the team soon.

Users who are viewing this thread