Good Bye India.

Insomniac

Title Recipient
Online Cricket Games Owned
Dear Team India:

We heard all about your star-studded team in 2009, as you were equipped with 50+ games of experience due to the IPL in South Africa. You practiced hitting 6s on 50 metre boundaries, and taking wickets against substandard batsmen, and called it a 'Citi moment of success'. The pitches in South Africa were "difficult" to bat on, and the batsmen were striking the ball as hard as ever across those 45 metre boundaries. The Indian team in that 2009 T20 WC gave a star performance in which they only had wins against Bangladesh and Ireland to show for. The excuses made by Coach Kirsten? Fatigue due to the menace that is the IPL. What lessons were learned by the Indian team in 2009? I still don't forget, Dhoni saying that he already had one eye on the T20 WC in the West Indies. At the time, the Indian players got plenty of phainty from the Indian media and supporters about their inability to play the short ball. Has anything changed? Not really.

In 2010, a failure to win a single Super 8 game (once again). The same excuses come back up. Who should not have played, who should have played (it is ironic that it was Jadeja who played a slow 25 off 35 ball innings in 2009 vs England, and is again being admonished for his poor performance in 2010). We again see the failure of the Indian batting line-up against short ball bowling. Nothing's changed since 2009.

The IPL (a useless competition with substandard bowlers and batsmen being battered around by stars in a ground that has a radius of no more than 60 metres) ended a grand total of 5 days before the WC, so exactly where are the BCCI's loyalties? Considering that Kirsten had specificially blamed the IPL for fatigue in 2009, surely if the BCCI really had Team India on it's mind, would not the IPL have ended maybe a week earlier at the very least? I'm intrigued to hear the excuses this time around. Dhoni didn't blame the IPL, but where's that paycheck coming from?

Also, while we're at it, produce a god damn bowler India. Your best bowler in this tournament was considered by all critics and fans alike to be Harbhajan Singh. He got a grand total of 0 wickets in the 20 overs he bowled. That is downright pathetic in T20 - his role is to be an attacking bowler, to get his team wickets to slow down the run rate. Granted, the economy rate is there, but 0 wickets?

Perhaps it's time for a new captain too. Mahendra Singh Dhoni is in my opinion, a pussy. He comes in when his openers get his team off to a flying start, and whenever quick wickets fall, he hides behind his rockstars that consist of Yuvraj and Rohit Sharma. And believe me, I as a Pakistani know what selfish captaincy can do to a team.

Now India, it's time to take your rockstars and titans home. Perhaps I won't get to write something so condemning and embarassing (to you guys) in the next competition. As they say, the 3rd time is the charm.

/endrant.

It was irritating to hear about how India are a "strong team" and a "team sure to go to the finals" and all that nonsense by the media (and on these very forums). Thought I'd let all of that out of my head.

Insomniac added 1 Minutes and 1 Seconds later...

I mean no offense to any Indian fans when I write this.

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
honestly i dont care about this tournament AT ALL since i've seen enough T20 in the last 2-3 years that'll satisfy me for another 5 years ATLEAST.
although this is the first time ever but i do agree with you.

its not right to blame anyone or point fingers. we were toothless, spineless and majorly lacked team work and self confidence.

oh and the chances of india finding a quality pace bowler is like hoping for somalia to become a peaceful and safe country.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
I don't think Dhoni is selfish or cowardly at all. I actually think that he has a little too much confidence in himself and thinks he can accelerate later but before you know it, it's too late.

While fielding, he has literally nothing to work with. He can mess with field setting all he likes, but when you've got such poor bowlers, there's only so much you can do.

BTW, while you're at it, make a thread for the disgrace that is the Pakistan cricket team. A disgrace to your nation and a disgrace to the game of cricket. Atrocious fielding, senseless batting, idiotic captaincy, outrageous acts on and off the cricketing field, a complete lack of team spirit. I could go on and on.

Last edited:

Params7

International Cricketer
lol take it all out, Pakistanis were embarrassed at the auctions..don't worry, take it all out :yes

Me personally, I'm not worried about the performance at all. Its T20. But its really funny and sad at the same time to see some Paki fans celebrate more the exit of India than Pakistan's win so far.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Though you seem to vent your "no Pakistan for IPL" frustration out, many of the points you made are valid except for the "Dhoni is a pussy" one. I completely disagree with that. I agree with what shravi said about Dhoni that he actually has too much confidence in himself. He needs a break (I mean not the rest that he is going to get now - he needs to be dropped for a series or two, and he should be kept on toes by someone else who can captain the side. Grooming Raina wont be a bad idea, maybe that will make him play more responsibly against short pitched bowling. Dhoni needs competition for his spot and that will make him think differently. He is immovable now in Indian cricket just like Sachin has been, and its bad that there has been no one else to captain Indian cricket and compete with Dhoni.

Cant see where we can find that quality bowler from. Unless we start producing quality wickets and encourage bowlers, we wont produce a quality bowler. Everyone wants to be Sachin, but the bowlers dont exactly have a genuine role model. And most of the wickets are placid and help batting a lot, who would want to become a bowler in India?

SaiSrini added 3 Minutes and 1 Seconds later...

Me personally, I'm not worried about the performance at all. Its T20. But its really funny and sad at the same time to see some Paki fans celebrate more the exit of India than Pakistan's win so far.

I dont care how they celebrate. I am more worried about our performance. I dont agree that T20 is not serious stuff. Its popular and a lot of people watch it. The attitude of shrugging off the seriousness of a format if we lose is not good.

Hope we come back next time in better shape, hopefully not doing the same mistakes and trying something different (we did exactly the same mistakes in England last year and in West Indies this year).

drainpipe32

Chairman of Selectors
I don't think Dhoni is selfish or cowardly at all. I actually think that he has a little too much confidence in himself and thinks he can accelerate later but before you know it, it's too late.

While fielding, he has literally nothing to work with. He can mess with field setting all he likes, but when you've got such poor bowlers, there's only so much you can do.

BTW, while you're at it, make a thread for the disgrace that is the Pakistan cricket team. A disgrace to your nation and a disgrace to the game of cricket. Atrocious fielding, senseless batting, idiotic captaincy, outrageous acts on and off the cricketing field, a complete lack of team spirit. I could go on and on.
TBF, at least they won a game in the Super 8's....

angryangy

ICC Chairman
As much as India do need to unearth that T20 go-to man, they need to look at how they manage the resources they already have. Whereas Pakistan and the Windies have won games in spite of grappling with other issues, India are just so indulgent and inefficient. They need to realise that batting is not the only part of T20; perhaps IPL has fostered this belief, but even in IPL, Amit Mishra and Pragyan Ojha were the top bowlers this year. India chose to use plenty of spin, but they largely got part timers to do it for them.

England and Australia are the form sides of the tournament for a reason; they are taking full advantage of the resources below them at domestic level. This extends well beyond the playing field; their planning and preparation has been aggressive. India and to a much more grievous extent, South Africa, have neglected to do this.

Biggy

Panel of Selectors

lol, Pakistan are in the semi's, no?

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
TBF, at least they won a game in the Super 8's....

They beat South Africa. We also did that.

shravi added 0 Minutes and 51 Seconds later...

Pakistan beat India, no?

Nope, India has only faced Pakistan once in all 3 editions of the T20WC and that was in the final in the first edition which India won.

They may be in the semis, but they don't deserve to be there one bit, much like India didn't deserve to even if they beat Sri Lanka by more than 20 runs and if West Indies lost to Australia.

Biggy

Panel of Selectors

Nope, India has only faced Pakistan once in all 3 editions of the T20WC and that was in the final in the first edition which India won.

Yeah, I thought they did though. My bad, edited my post.

I can't believe there's already been 3 T20 World Cups..

ali_ed2001

Club Cricketer

They may be in the semis, but they don't deserve to be there one bit, much like India didn't deserve to even if they beat Sri Lanka by more than 20 runs and if West Indies lost to Australia.

so who deserves to be in semi's from Pak's group then?

England - ofcorase, they won all super 8 matches.
SA - Lost 2 games, and the one that mattered the most.
NZ - ? they also lost 2 games, lost the game that mattered the most.
Pak - Also lost 2 games. But won the game that mattered, and didn't get thrashed like SA and NZ and managed a better run rate, hence Pakistan deserve to go to semi's from that group.

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Pakistan faced India twice in T20 WC 2007, but lost both matches(one of them on ball out.)

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Pakistan faced India twice in T20 WC 2007, but lost both matches(one of them on ball out.)

Ahh yeah, forgot the bowl out.

shravi added 3 Minutes and 16 Seconds later...

so who deserves to be in semi's from Pak's group then?

England - ofcorase, they won all super 8 matches.
SA - Lost 2 games, and the one that mattered the most.
NZ - ? they also lost 2 games, lost the game that mattered the most.
Pak - Also lost 2 games. But won the game that mattered, and didn't get thrashed like SA and NZ and managed a better run rate, hence Pakistan deserve to go to semi's from that group.

From that group yes, but looking at the tournament as a whole, Pakistan is just not good enough to be amongst the top 4 teams at the moment. They lost more games than they won. Sure, they did enough to get through. I am not denying that. I just don't think they rank amongst the top 4 T20 teams at the moment. That's why I don't understand this thread. It's not as if Pakistan have been any better than India. They too got mauled by Australia and England, allowed Bangladesh back into the game and didn't seize the opportunities given to them in the New Zealand game.

If India did go through today, I would be the first to admit that they didn't deserve to do so at all.

Last edited:

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
I just happy because I dont have to deal with the Indians at the next cricket practice. Their on and on and on about craps that no 1 gives about. This should shut those guys up for a bit.

They are playing Zims! Wont that be fun if they lose to Zims. Zims! Please!!

P

pcfan123

:laugh They won't lose to Zimbabwe, Sri Lanka came close to losing a few games last time they were there though

Users who are viewing this thread