Google Glass

BlitzBerg

ICC Board Member
Well how many of you have not heard of Google Glass? This thing is revolutionary. For those who do not know -
Google Glass, could be the revolutionary wearable computer which would change the very fundamental how we interact with computers today. Google Glass features a small transparent display which hangs out above the users eye acting like an HUD (heads-up-display) displaying notifications, images, videos, and other items pulling data from internet; the gadget interacts with the user via voice commands and speech synthesis. This is not all, the attached camera can also be used to shoot excellent point-of-view (POV) photos and videos with instant sharing using voice commands.

It was tested out with general users, and here's a test film made with it -

Last edited by a moderator:

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
It is a good idea. But if you fall over, the glasses break plus it looks awkward wearing one in public.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
How does the thing look on you? Any videos?

Frankly, I am not interested in devices like this that make you look like a complete moron n public. Sometimes, people talking on their Bluetooth devices itself makes them look "creepy".

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
I guess you don't wear normal glasses, what makes you speak that;).

Surprisingly like you, I wear glasses almost all the time. It is a bit of glass outside the eye, it is always going to be dangerous. Plus it will make you look really stupid and pompous in public.

Anish.

Panel of Selectors
It's pretty weird , shouldn't it have some Computer or Laptop that is enabled before the processes happen?
It seems pretty awesome , what's the price range gonna be if it releases any time soon . U$D?

BlitzBerg

ICC Board Member
Somewhere around 1500$....

Yeah, it looks a bit odd, but thats how earlier normal spectacles were taken too... With time this would be more of a trend and eventually everyone would start wanting it.

Gurjot95

National Board President
Yeah, thats why I say 'film', and the source says it was made with a real Google Glass.

That you need to stop believing random sources and know about the real ones. :p

Seriously, I thought it was so obvious. No one has tested Google Glass now except for their developers and I don't think they will be so generous to give one to random YouTube user. In the end you can see mention about Siri as well which I don't think Google will ever promote while showing their products. There are loads of Parody Videos of Google Glass present dude. You should know the difference between them.

Coming on to topic, I can only see this resulting in more accidents while walking, People will become less social and many other disadvantages. I don't think I want to see People getting controlled by Technology but as of now it's advantages outnumbers its drawback so it can be of good use if it's not misused.

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
On the positive side it has made talking to yourself seem less awkward.

Users who are viewing this thread