Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Spinksy

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
The competition will be run on Sunday.

The available formats are:

Ladder
Teams can challenge a team 3 places above or below them on the ladder. They take the spot of the team above them if they win. For more information see http://www.planetcricket.org/forums...ket-battrick-ladder-rules-rankings-53168.html

World Cup Format
Like the soccer world cup, will make very uneven matches in the groups but the knockout stage will be quite entertaining

Promo/Demo Format
Groups of 4 based on team strength/ranking. After playing everyone in the group promotion/demotion occurs. After the second round of matches a final to decide the final placing for the season.
Will create very even matches but a top team will be required more often than not.

League Format
Similar to the EPL format, league based with no finals.

T20 WC Format
Same format used in the Champions trophy. Two group stages followed be semi and final.

Champions Trophy Format
Group stage followed by semis and final.

Spinksy

School Cricketer
I'm all for a World Cup styled format. It'll add a lot of excitement to the tournament and although it says that the matches will be rather uneven I shall review each team individually and if World Cup format is chosen then I shall place each team so that the match up's are rather even. Thank you for the post edit by the way Aussie1st.

Tarzan

Chairman of Selectors
Fantasy Cricket Team
India
Profile Flag
India
I prefer to split teams in to or four groups and then semi final and final... In knock out some teams might get advantages...

Spinksy

School Cricketer
To be honest I have no Idea how this'll be run. We'll have 8 teams and 8 teams only, we already have 8 teams so I can go ahead with some of the things. People are still in 'Cups' and what not so I can't actually get games going yet. I'd make fixtures but I don't know how to format it out. Pretty much, I only really want to go with either the World Cup, Ladder or Promo/Demo formats.

World Cup - We could make it so it's like the Super Eights stage in the Cricket World Cups. Each team plays each other only once and from there the top 4 teams out of the 8 will go to a Semi-Final round. From there, 1 will verse 2 and 3 will verse 4. The 2 winning teams will slog it out in a finals match and the losers will battle it out for third place and ultimately a spot on the 'podium.'

Ladder - The basics have already been defined - Teams can challenge a team 3 places above or below them on the ladder. They take the spot of the team above them if they win. The top 4 placed teams will do the same as what was said in the 'World Cup' description that I just gave. The 4 teams will go through Semi-Finals and then a Final and a Bronze medallion match.

Promo/Demo - Not much to be said here because you almost know were thing is going. 8 teams, 2 groups of 4. Groups of 4 based on team strength/ranking. After playing everyone in the group promotion/demotion occurs. After the second round of matches a final to decide the final placing for the season So, it's fairly basic in what's happening here.

That sums it up for you all.

Last edited:

Spinksy

School Cricketer
To be honest I have no Idea how this'll be run. We'll have 8 teams and 8 teams only, we already have 8 teams so I can go ahead with some of the things. People are still in 'Cups' and what not so I can't actually get games going yet. I'd make fixtures but I don't know how to format it out. Pretty much, I only really want to go with either the World Cup, Ladder or Promo/Demo formats.

World Cup - We could make it so it's like the Super Eights stage in the Cricket World Cups. Each team plays each other only once and from there the top 4 teams out of the 8 will go to a Semi-Final round. From there, 1 will verse 2 and 3 will verse 4. The 2 winning teams will slog it out in a finals match and the losers will battle it out for third place and ultimately a spot on the 'podium.'

Ladder - The basics have already been defined - Teams can challenge a team 3 places above or below them on the ladder. They take the spot of the team above them if they win. The top 4 placed teams will do the same as what was said in the 'World Cup' description that I just gave. The 4 teams will go through Semi-Finals and then a Final and a Bronze medallion match.

Promo/Demo - Not much to be said here because you almost know were thing is going. 8 teams, 2 groups of 4. Groups of 4 based on team strength/ranking. After playing everyone in the group promotion/demotion occurs. After the second round of matches a final to decide the final placing for the season So, it's fairly basic in what's happening here.

That sums it up for you all.

We have 16 teams now, so this'll obviously be slightly different.

Due to lack of votes, the World Cup format will be used. 4 groups, 4 teams per group.

Users who are viewing this thread