Graphics Card Problems Thread : PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING. DO NOT START NEW THREADS

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
This thread is for people who are having problems with their graphics card and BLIC 2007.

Do Not Start A New Thread, It Will Be Deleted.

List of Supported Cards

- ATi Radeon:
8500/LE, 9000, 9100, 9200, 9500, 9600 SE/Pro/XT, 9700Pro, 9800Pro/XT, X700, X800, X850, X1300, X1600, X1800, X1900, X1950

- nVidia:
GeForce 3/Ti200/Ti500, GeForce4 (not MX), GeForce4 Ti4200/Ti4600, GeForce FX 5200, 5600, 5700, 5800, 5900, 5950, 6800, 7800, 7900, 7900, 7950, 8800

Not compatible with all integrated sound/graphics solutions (inc. Laptops)

If you are unsure what graphics card you have goto

Start/Run

Then type

DXDiag

Then Click the Display tag. It would be helpful if you attached the dxdiag information or a screen shot.

If you are experiencing Performance Problems with ATI cards, Please Read This Thread.

Nvidia Owners Should Read This Thread.

A Discussion thread on the best Card to purchase can be found Here.

Kshitz has made a system analyser to check your system, you can download it here.

All other Queries now belong Here.

Last edited by a moderator:

manee

Chairman of Selectors
Small question, are the cards in each section in performance and graphics order from worst to best?

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
The cards at the start of the lists tend to be older than the ones at the end, so yes. Go for a top end card if you can, but if you are not a big gamer you can probably drop down the list a few. Personally I wouldn't suggest purchasing something at the low end of the lists unless you are really on a tight budget.

hollandcricket

Club Cricketer
Does compatible mean "you can't play BLIC with any other card then mentioned above" or "you won't be able to play BLIC on its maximum resolution"?
I have a ATI X600 Pro (which isn't 'supported') and up until now, I can run almost every game on a pretty high frame rate and resolution, including games as Half-Life 2 and Battlefield 2142. (Not my preference of games, but friends have played it on my pc :p).
Anyway, the demo is runs, but is choppy, which makes bowling almost impossible (started with a 12 ball 1st over from Harmison, first six balls were all no-balls:p).
Will it be better with the final version? Or do I just have to buy a new graphics card?

manee

Chairman of Selectors
If the demo is choppy, more likely than not, the game will be choppy.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
hollandcricket said:
Does compatible mean "you can't play BLIC with any other card then mentioned above" or "you won't be able to play BLIC on its maximum resolution"?
Compatible means you shouldn't expect it to work on anything other than these cards. If you are lucky you may get it to run but the results more than likely wont be satisfactory.

tommymac

Club Cricketer
it may be simple and obvious advice but the thing that helped me gain better performace most was forcing v-sync off in my nvidia control panel. BLIC07 appears to have v-sync turned on, so you must force it to off, and once i had done, i got about a 10fps increase, and now a very playable game.

iiball3

School Cricketer
i have an x1300 pro.. running it on a sempron 3000+.. and 768MB DDR Memory.. and the games very chopy.. even when i followed the steps to get better performance.. my card isnt all that bad.. it runs alot of games on diffrent resolution perfectly.. in BLIC 2005 i had it maxed out settings.. and the highest resolution.. and perfect quality.. idk whats up

lazy_chesnut

International Coach
The whole "sempron" bit is your problem. It's more of an office-type processor than a gaming one. Good for running MS Word - not so good for games.

leo_yesthatsme

School Cricketer
i guess the major lag in the game is due to the crowd , i got 7600 gt , usual framerate of 60 but when the ball goes near boundary or the crowd is on the screen the framerate drops drastically to around 15 . does anyone here know how to turn off crowd in the demo mode ???

one more thing : the grass that i get in my game is a little too shiny for my liking ,is it with all people or just me???

max_dillon2007

School Cricketer
If My PC Runs BLIC 2005 at medium settings then wud it be able to run BLIC 2007?

Hi I have a PC with integrated graphics and 256 mb ram(Intel 845 chipset,2.4ghz cpu). My Brother Plays the monster part while buying my pc by buying a chipset which doesnt support agp. So now if i wanna upgrade, i have to upgrade from scratch. So tell me wud my pc be able to run BLIC 2007 at lowest settings.Or I have to get good marks in coming exams to get an upgrade? :crying

lazy_chesnut

International Coach
leo_yesthatsme said:
i guess the major lag in the game is due to the crowd , i got 7600 gt , usual framerate of 60 but when the ball goes near boundary or the crowd is on the screen the framerate drops drastically to around 15 . does anyone here know how to turn off crowd in the demo mode ???

one more thing : the grass that i get in my game is a little too shiny for my liking ,is it with all people or just me???

OK with that card make sure you have V-sync turned off as that is a frame-rate killer (basically stops the program from waiting for a screen refresh to draw what it knows). The "shiny" grass you are describing sounds a bit odd, though you may be talking about the shimmering effects you get when no AF is used. I recommend putting AF at 2x or 4x and that will stop the grass shimmering.

PS - you only need to post in one thread.

max_dillon2007 said:
Hi I have a PC with integrated graphics and 256 mb ram(Intel 845 chipset,2.4ghz cpu). My Brother Plays the monster part while buying my pc by buying a chipset which doesnt support agp. So now if i wanna upgrade, i have to upgrade from scratch. So tell me wud my pc be able to run BLIC 2007 at lowest settings.Or I have to get good marks in coming exams to get an upgrade? :crying
Not quite sure how doing well in exams helps your upgrade situation, but you could really do with another card.

Hooper

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I have a Raedon 9550, and it says Raedon 9500, Will this be a problem, because so far my demo runs so slow and is lagging.

sami007

Club Cricketer
is there going to be a way to change graphics versions (low, medium or hi) cuz my card was being choppy whenever it showed the crowd, if i turn the crowd off (as possible in 2005) would that help the situation?

Users who are viewing this thread