Graphics

legend_master

The Art of Cricket Developer
Online Cricket Games Owned
righto, i want to settle the issue about graphics....

seems like a lot of people are complaining about 'blockiness' and other issues. Personally i feel the graphics are pretty good, and decent enough for the game to be great, assuming the gameplay and AI and other areas all live up to expectations...

i'd like to get honest opinions from everyone about this. If the consensus is that they are not good enough, then i will have to revisit the whole issue which could set development time (and probably raise the bar for performance specs) back by a lot.

let me know your thoughts on this...

LM

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
legend_master said:
righto, i want to settle the issue about graphics....

seems like a lot of people are complaining about 'blockiness' and other issues. Personally i feel the graphics are pretty good, and decent enough for the game to be great, assuming the gameplay and AI and other areas all live up to expectations...

i'd like to get honest opinions from everyone about this. If the consensus is that they are not good enough, then i will have to revisit the whole issue which could set development time (and probably raise the bar for performance specs) back by a lot.

let me know your thoughts on this...

LM

we have discussed it over and over and most of them even agreed that
gameplay / AI is much more important than graphics.

prime example is BLC99 itself.. c2k5 graphics are miles ahead of BLC99
but SUCKED in gameplay and the result..most of the people played it for not more than a few months.

my personal opinion is not to experiment anymore with graphics.
its heaps better than it was at the start. IMO, its better than
BLIC 2005. concentrate on the gamplay / AI / anims and if you can
afford the time, then only improve the graphics :)

P.S - your inbox / sent items are full..please delete some of the
PM's ;) as i cant send you a PM :p

siddharth2002

National Board President<br /><a href="showthread.
I'd say lets just keep the graphical things the way they are and get the AI and other things going atm.

sid_19840

International Coach
I think revisiting the graphics is out of question atm imo,besides the graphics seem fine to me.If everyone is expecting the latest graphics technology and engine's,its asking for too much.But I feel that most cricket gaming lover's expect more in terms of gameplay than graphics.So Id say to work on the latter and only after that's sorted out,then think about revisiting the graphics.Cheers.

siddharth2002

National Board President<br /><a href="showthread.
sid_19840 said:
I think revisiting the graphics is out of question atm imo,besides the graphics seem fine to me.If everyone is expecting the latest graphics technology and engine's,its asking for too much.But I feel that most cricket gaming lover's expect more in terms of gameplay than graphics.So Id say to work on the latter and only after that's sorted out,then think about revisiting the graphics.Cheers.
I'd say graphics are fine cause bumping them up will cause problems for our old-school laptop friends. :D

nightprowler10

Executive member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I hope my post in the 'game screenz' thread didn't trigger this thread. Look, I just posted that as more of an inquiry than a complaint. If you think that the animation looks natural enough then move on to other areas of the development. The player models themselves look brilliant, I was just wondering about the way the shoulders deformed, that's all.

Brett_Lee

International Coach
I feel that gameplay and extra features that make the game different to Codemaster or Ea Sports are more important. If l.m has time before release i reckon thats when you change it

legend_master

The Art of Cricket Developer
nightprowler10 said:
I hope my post in the 'game screenz' thread didn't trigger this thread. Look, I just posted that as more of an inquiry than a complaint. If you think that the animation looks natural enough then move on to other areas of the development. The player models themselves look brilliant, I was just wondering about the way the shoulders deformed, that's all.

no, it wasn't yr post ;)

hondeyho

International Cricketer
Have you set the models to 'Smooth' LM

That could temporarily better the graphics, but they are perfect at the moment so keep it up :D

daleroy

School Cricketer
Graphics are fine atm LM. Wouldn't spend anymore time on them! :D Keep up the excellent work.

abhishek_rox

School Cricketer
LM, graphics are fine, dude, the bats look brilliant, so do the kits, and all that blockiness is rubbish

AI and gameplay, is the most important thing, concentrate on that, ppl should not expect you to have next gen graphics, while you are doing all this alone, and for free, and making an excellent game

Brett_Lee

International Coach
abhishek_rox said:
LM, graphics are fine, dude, the bats look brilliant, so do the kits, and all that blockiness is rubbish

AI and gameplay, is the most important thing, concentrate on that, ppl should not expect you to have next gen graphics, while you are doing all this alone, and for free, and making an excellent game

Exactly and once the game will be played you wont be focusing on graphics you'll be focusing on playing the game. Like youll see at least 5 people on the screen at once you arent going to take much notice. its just wen you have like one picture you pick it out

Users who are viewing this thread