Group B - Australia, England, Zimbabwe

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Yeah i wont be to cut if we lose though..... Even though this is a World Cup i dont see it as important as the ODI World Cup.

Gilly Fan

Chairman of Selectors
Yeah i wont be to cut if we lose though..... Even though this is a World Cup i dont see it as important as the ODI World Cup.

Yeah, because in only 2 weeks, we have 7 ODIs against India. :D

Can't wait for that! Real cricket! :p

RoboRocks

Chairman of Selectors
Aww come now, just because you guys haven't done well doesn't mean you can call Twenty20 inproper cricket.

Australia will raise their game though since they always do in the big game, I do sense an Aussie victory.

Plus if you come back and win you'll call it the best thing since slice bread. ;)

Last edited:

Gilly Fan

Chairman of Selectors
Aww come now, just because you guys haven't done well doesn't mean you can call Twenty20 inproper cricket.

Australia will raise their game though since they always do in the big game, I do sense an Aussie victory.

Plus if you come back and win you'll call it the best thing since slice bread. ;)

Well, I'm not a fan of it, but I don't mind a game here and there. Just a T20 WC is way too much.

But I guess as long as it doesn't kill off Test and ODI cricket, then it's fine.

I've probably just said the opposite of what I've been saying on the past couple of pages.

Test Cricket is my favourite sort of cricket still. :p

Hooper

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

Ok, ask me tonight then:p

nah, seriously, i have always feared 20/20 cricket will kill cricket...but oh well...people like it and it looks here to stay:(

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
The Aussies never take losing well, from the comments made after our loss we won't be trying to keep the fun in 20/20 anymore. That trophy cabinet needs this 20/20 WC in it.

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
I guess its not a very long WC though.

But i dont only think that Twenty20's aren't very good because we lost, but maybe that convinced my opinion a little more :p

aussie_ben91

School Cricketer
I'm actually enjoying the Twenty20 World Cup TBH, seeing as that I was one of the few people who critised the competition going ahead in the first place.

Some nice close games...
Some upsets...
And now Australia's just battling to get through the group stages...

I'm enjoying watching all the matches in succession; 1 after the other which is good because I was expecting only to see 1 Twenty20 played per day which wasn't all that arousing to me.
So far, I've enjoyed it more then the 50 over World Cup.

Of course, I wouldn't swap Twenty20 for 50 over cricket as watching just one Twenty20 match is just crap but watching 2 or 3 in a row played out by different countires in each match is pretty exciting.

If things continue like the way they have I wouldn't mind seeing another Twenty20 World Cup in the future but inbetween World Cup's I'd keep Twenty20 games put out to a tour opener match at maximum when it comes to scheduling series' & tours, etc, etc.

CricketFan999

Club Cricketer
Can't believe I'm going to miss this due to having to shadow a teacher. Even if England lose they'd have to get slaughtered to go out but I still want to see if England play to try and knocked out the Aussies :p

Pretty sure Australia will win as they'd have been embarrassed by losing to Zimbabwe and with the threat of being knocked out hanging over their heads they'll be fighting every inch of the way. As I think England will be fighting every inch of the way to knock them out as well I think it could be quite a game.

Gunner786

Panel of Selectors
Why is that flawed? If Australia have a better net run rate than Zimbabwe after both finishing level on points, why should Zimbabwe go through?
i would rather it goes to head to head results like the old days rather than net run rate

if zimbabwe and aussies end up on same points the winner of their match goes through.
in this case, zimbabwe

Users who are viewing this thread