Group B: India, South Africa, Pakistan and West Indies

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The rivalry with Pakistan goes beyond cricket and you should know that. There is some sort of a deep, inner happiness in me when Pakistan loses. I am not saying that thought is right (and probably rightly so). But its ingrained in many people like me from India.

That is fair enough. My parents are exactly the same. I on the other hand support India when they are chasing, always riveting to watch with the likes of Kohli, Raina etc.

The only problem I have with India is Dhoni. The intense hatred I have him is unbelievable. Hate his batting style for some reason, all his helicopter shots and all. No idea why. I feel he destroys the elegance of proper batting seen in players like Kohli, and IPL Rohit Sharma

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
That is fair enough. My parents are exactly the same. I on the other hand support India when they are chasing, always riveting to watch with the likes of Kohli, Raina etc.

The only problem I have with India is Dhoni. The intense hatred I have him is unbelievable. Hate his batting style for some reason, all his helicopter shots and all. No idea why. I feel he destroys the elegance of proper batting seen in players like Kohli, and IPL Rohit Sharma

It won't be enjoyable to have everyone like Kohli or Rohit Sharma. And the helicopter was not Dhoni's. Sachin had played it before Dhoni even arrived at the intl scene. After Dhoni came, it got its name.

----------

I am just as nationalist as you are but I was happy when India got the number one test status. It made me feel good as an Asian.

Even for me now, the rivalry against Pakistan is not the same as it was in 1999 or even 2004. That is why I said "deep inner happiness". I know quite a few people (Indians) who don't even buy shirts if they read "made in Pakistan". I don't do that, I have never done that.

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
It won't be enjoyable to have everyone like Kohli or Rohit Sharma. And the helicopter was not Dhoni's. Sachin had played it before Dhoni even arrived at the intl scene. After Dhoni came, it got its name.

I always feel he gets more credit that due.

If Kohli scores a hundred, and Dhoni scores a quick fifty. It is all about the amazing finish that Dhoni provided.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
South Africa vs West Indies becomes the knockout match. Personal favorite to win that match - WI. I want them to come along with India into the semis. India vs Pakistan becomes a dead rubber as far as the tournament is concerned. But according to me, any game vs Pakistan is a crucial game.

Last edited by a moderator:

zeustrojanstark

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
India Vs Pakistan is going to be a tough game.Pakistan have a very strong bowling lineup and a weak batting lineup and Indians just have the vice versa.No team is going to win easily.Though India is qualified and Pakistan is eliminated its going to be a game of pride more importantly rather than just a match of Champions Trophy 2013.

Virat Vs Junaid is going to be very interesting.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
India Vs Pakistan is going to be a tough game.Pakistan have a very strong bowling lineup and a weak batting lineup and Indians just have the vice versa.No team is going to win easily.Though India is qualified and Pakistan is eliminated its going to be a game of pride more importantly rather than just a match of Champions Trophy 2013.

True. But I have a feeling that Dhoni would probably treat it as a warm up game and probably not play the full strength side. He might just give some chances to his benchers like Vijay, Vinay, Irfan, etc. And dare I say, rightly so. Also Dhoni needs to push himself and Raina up the order against Pakistan to gain some batting practice in a match situation. With Pakistan wanting badly to win a game and go back with pride, this would be good opportunity for the likes of Raina and Dhoni to get match batting practice. Pushing Raina to his CSK favorite spot of No.3 might be good.

By the way, how is the group standings calculated? Is it based on the ODI standings or based on the net run rate (assuming that the winner of the SA vs WI clash join India at 4 pts creating a deadlock)? Want to know which semifinal India will play - Kennington Oval or Cardiff.

Epic

Panel of Selectors
True. But I have a feeling that Dhoni would probably treat it as a warm up game and probably not play the full strength side. He might just give some chances to his benchers like Vijay, Vinay, Irfan, etc. And dare I say, rightly so. Also Dhoni needs to push himself and Raina up the order against Pakistan to gain some batting practice in a match situation. With Pakistan wanting badly to win a game and go back with pride, this would be good opportunity for the likes of Raina and Dhoni to get match batting practice. Pushing Raina to his CSK favorite spot of No.3 might be good.

There is NO way in hell that happens, Dhoni is a strong believer in momentum and by giving the bench a chance you're stopping the progress of guys like Rohit, Yadav, Ashwin and Irfan.

Unchanged unless someone goes down with an injury!

By the way, how is the group standings calculated? Is it based on the ODI standings or based on the net run rate (assuming that the winner of the SA vs WI clash join India at 4 pts creating a deadlock)? Want to know which semifinal India will play - Kennington Oval or Cardiff.

NRR, then H2H(meaning India would finish higher).

Sami Kumar

Zananiya da Cheetah
PAK...
The Boys
Profile Flag
Bangladesh
With Pakistan wanting badly to win a game and go back with pride, this would be good opportunity for the likes of Raina and Dhoni to get match batting practice. Pushing Raina to his CSK favorite spot of No.3 might be good.

There is no pride for Pakistan. not anymore ,and if they win , It would be worse for them because winning a match that holds no importance is just a waste of energy. They should surrender themselves to india because already they are out of confidence and india is Full of confidence. Anyways if even Pakistan wins ,it would not stop their insult , it would not stop from Selectors to be kicked ot ,it would not stop Kamran,farhat and many players to be dropped .

Last edited:

Sami Kumar

Zananiya da Cheetah
PAK...
The Boys
Profile Flag
Bangladesh

Junaid will not bowl as he did before to Virat, he will just give a poor performance and bowl without fear no matter how many wides and no balls he does . Virat can hit as many sixes and fours as he want.

zeustrojanstark

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Junaid will not bowl as he did before to Virat, he will just give a poor performance and bowl without fear no matter how many wides and no balls he does . Virat can hit as many sixes and fours as he want.

What makes you think so mate?Pakistan cricketers take such much pride espically against India and they will give their heart and soul to defeat us for sure.I dont think Junaid will do such a thing.

Sami Kumar

Zananiya da Cheetah
PAK...
The Boys
Profile Flag
Bangladesh
What makes you think so mate?Pakistan cricketers take such much pride espically against India and they will give their heart and soul to defeat us for sure.I dont think Junaid will do such a thing.

Okay , Maybe I was extraordinarily angry on Pakistan. But because of Low confidence and believing that they cant chase or bowl out india to defend a target. They will just give an average performance.

Last edited:
S

Satan666

Disappointed the Indians have more or less made it to the semis, disgusting cricket from SA and now WI, hopefully the Pak team would make us proud.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Disappointed the Indians have more or less made it to the semis, disgusting cricket from SA and now WI, hopefully the Pak team would make us proud.

FYI, India has already qualified for the semis. This is what happens when you pray for a team/country to sink. God doesn't respond to negativity.:D;)

S

Satan666

FYI, India has already qualified for the semis. This is what happens when you pray for a team/country to sink. God doesn't respond to negativity.:D;)

What makes you think I am praying to a god?

Users who are viewing this thread