Group B: India, South Africa, Pakistan and West Indies

Dennis Mennis

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I'm sorry but WI did not deserve this more than SA. The outcome speaks for itself - if they had played better they would have advanced but they didn't so they didn't go through. Simple!:yes

Don't forget they still needed to get another 40 runs, and you all know very well SA is perfectly capable of taking the 4 tailend wickets in 29 balls. The match was by no means won, in fact after Pollard was gone I suspect they had lost anyway.:cheers

Does this mean that WI are chokers simply because they tied a match on the DL method??:p

Samuels

Rally Round The West Indies
WI....
Profile Flag
West Indies
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
We were looking set to win this one quite easily when the game got hampered by rain so I don't take your say that the Africans deserved to be in the semis more than the Windies. I really want this Duckworth?Lewis method to be phased out of cricket. Not because we lost of it but at times it gets too unrealistic. For an instance, South Africans would still remember 1992 world cup against England at the SCG when McMillan did well down the order to have the RRR in the reach (22 runs required off 13 balls) only to gift the final berth to England thanks to D/L method which had the equation reduced from 22 off 13 to 22 off 1. I have heard Sunil Gavaskar saying that Indians have developed some other way to curb the unrealistic aspects of the D/L and if its true, ICC should think over it. Coming back to yesterday's match. I believe the players will be disappointed to lose the game without having played bad cricket.

----------

Sad that West Indies have not made it to the semifinals. Felt they deserved it more than SA. In hindsight, one might say Pollard lose the tournament for the West Indies, but that'd be hard and unfair on him. Frustrating to see rain affect games like this.

Yes. At the least, it should happen in the multi-nation ICC events like Champions Trophy or World Cup.

No pressure tomorrow for the rival clash, which is great. Would be interesting to see Dhoni's approach. Personal preference - I want him to treat this as a warmup clash, giving opportunities to the benchers. That way, he also brings down the hype on an India-Pakistan clash. But as Epic and other people say, Dhoni might also want to treat it as a 'momentum game'.

For a record, Pakistan has a 100% record against India in Champions Trophy. Another interesting thing you would like to know is, every time India has won an ICC Trophy, they have never won all the games throughout the tournament. Their best show in terms of being unbeaten being the 2002-'03 of edition of this very tournament were they had 100% record right through the tournament until the final against Srilanka was washed off. Rain doesn't fall everyday so I would really like to know if Indians would like to take a leaf out of history and grab (yes, grab) the defeat today just for the superstitious cause? Nah, don't think Dhoni is Steve Waugh.:p

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
With Jamshed gone, Pakistan are going to struggle to get 200 against India. And that is going to screw up their chances against a quality batting unit like India.

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
What does the swear word "BC" mean. PM me, it probably not the best to post in thread.

I have been told that is what Raina yelled after taking Nasir Jamshed's catch.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Good catch that, Kumar is really enjoying bowling here

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
....................And that is enough cricket for today.

61/3. Not watching anymore of this game.

Fenil

PC Cricket Leagues Legend
I am sure you are referring to that one short ball from Bravo which Dhawan pulled to deep square leg and Roach making a mess of a simple catch. I also noticed that and got a little worried. But Dhawan has a good pull/hook shot and he is not afraid of playing them. So I am hoping he can survive and flourish in bowler friendly conditions too.

Not just that, he was caught in awkward position trying to play an upper cut off (I guess) Sammy. Even in the game against RSA, he struggled against the short balls directed at his body and was hit too. As far as him being a puller/hooker (woops) is concerned, thats when they can trap him. He might go for a pull/hook more often than not and by wisely using the short ball, they can have him caught in the leg-side of behind the stumps. Remember teams using the strong offside strokeplay of Sourav Ganguly to turn it into his weakness?

PtvSports

School Cricketer
it's bed news pakistan and west indes lost thier match so they will not play more match in this trophy

cricket_icon

International Cricketer
Group B has been a bit of a downer, India has dominated with West Indies and SA looking like second tier teams and Pakistan just haven't been in with a shout. Their batting insecurities have just been terrible, lacking any intent and it seems motivation.

Yesterdays match with India was one of the most one sided I've ever seen.

crazyrahul

Club Cricketer
It was worst PAK-INDO game I have ever seen. Though India won, I didn't enjoy the game due to rainy conditions :facepalm

This last CT is a big failure and the chosen venues have been pretty bad by ICC :noway

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
It was worst PAK-INDO game I have ever seen. Though India won, I didn't enjoy the game due to rainy conditions :facepalm

This last CT is a big failure and the chosen venues have been pretty bad by ICC :noway

I don`t see it as a failure at all. The tournament has been pretty exciting. Rain always plays a big part in England. Its not as if you have never had tournaments in the month of June in England before (have had quite a few memorable ones actually). Having said that, only one game has been a washout so far. The 4 semi-finalists are deserving entrants and have played the best cricket so far. All matches have been well attended and most have been sell-outs. I don`t quite see whats wrong with this event. All that we need is a couple of great knockout games and a grand end to this tournament.

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
Personally, I want Sri Lanka to win. They have come so close each time but unable to win in the final. Really deserve it. But this tournament seems India's to lose.

Users who are viewing this thread