Group D - India, Pakistan, Scotland

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
It is a woman.
I don't really like her, not because she's a woman, but because I don't think she's a very good commentator.

The bit of commentary I caught from her while I was home at lunch involved her being surprised that Scotland played cricket. This is a country that's been playing cricket for at least 150 years.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Australia's shocking defeat to Zimbabwe in today's match pushes me more into serious worry about India's performance tomorrow against Scotland. I personally feel both teams will start out on even keel and Scotland have as much chance to win tomorrow's match as much as India do. India's experience in other two formats wont count for anything.

If Australia can lose to Zimbabwe, India can surely lose to Scotland. Come on India, take this very serious before it gets out of hand. You cant expect to enter the Super Eights losing to a side like Scotland.

Insomniac

Title Recipient
The bit of commentary I caught from her while I was home at lunch involved her being surprised that Scotland played cricket. This is a country that's been playing cricket for at least 150 years.
Some of us aren't as knowledgeable as you :p

Anyway, well done Pakistan. I had a nightmare last night, but I think I'm alright now. :)

Now I got a question, if Scotland beat India by, oh I don't know, 40 runs, and then India beat Pakistan, who goes through?

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Some of us aren't as knowledgeable as you :p

Anyway, well done Pakistan. I had a nightmare last night, but I think I'm alright now. :)

Now I got a question, if Scotland beat India by, oh I don't know, 40 runs, and then India beat Pakistan, who goes through?

It will all boil down to the run rate. Dont know of that exactly.

Frankly if India cant beat Scotland, they dont have many chances of beating Pakistan who are more experienced in this form of cricket than India

baburao

Club Cricketer
It will all boil down to the run rate. Dont know of that exactly.

Frankly if India cant beat Scotland, they dont have many chances of beating Pakistan who are more experienced in this form of cricket than India

Dont worry we will win both matches.Experience doesnt count in this format.;) We have a good squad.;)

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Dont worry we will win both matches.Experience doesnt count in this format.;) We have a good squad.;)

Nice to be positive.

One advantage (not a big one) would be that the pressure would be a bit less because the superstar trio is not playing. Whenever they play, its big time pressure because they carry with them a huge burden of expectations (esp. Sachin Tendulkar).

One more advantage is that this format allows anyone to express themselves freely. Would work out to the advantage for guys like Uthappa, Sehwag, Dhoni, Yuvraj, etc all of whom are big hitters.

But as usual, you cant predict which team will win which game. That adds to even more suspense. May India win!

baburao

Club Cricketer
Nice to be positive.

One advantage (not a big one) would be that the pressure would be a bit less because the superstar trio is not playing. Whenever they play, its big time pressure because they carry with them a huge burden of expectations (esp. Sachin Tendulkar).

One more advantage is that this format allows anyone to express themselves freely. Would work out to the advantage for guys like Uthappa, Sehwag, Dhoni, Yuvraj, etc all of whom are big hitters.

But as usual, you cant predict which team will win which game. That adds to even more suspense. May India win!
Exactly.Pressure will be on Pakistan and other teams.We are underdogs becoz of many youngsters.Let the world think so.:p

irottev

School Cricketer
Yes. Donna Symonds (the West Indian lady) hasn't exactly spoken gems of wisdom, but at least she's better than a few others. Rameez Raja is decent, but Mr. Aamir Sohail just cannot speak a sentence properly.

We agree!!! From the NZ Kenya match, she seemed to know her stuff a lot more then half the guys did. I actually thought she was good. Hav't here her in the PAK v SCOT game yet. Overall i'm a bit dissapointed at the commentators there. Apart from Bumble (who is the best commentator ever), Danny and Ian Chappell (sometimes) they are all kinda boring. A lot of people like Ravi Shastri but he gets annoying after a while. I don't mind him.

^ I agree with that too. I don't know whether Mark Gillespie enjoyed being called Jason a few times by Rameez Raja. :/

Last edited:

Insomniac

Title Recipient
My point was that you expect a professional cricket commentator to do some research.
Ah, that is true.

Although I fail to understand one thing. What qualifications does she have, that say, Waqar Younis doesn't have. Fair enough, Waqar's english isn't good, but he does entertain us, and he has the expertise and he fits the job perfectly, while this woman hasn't... well it seems like played any cricket of any sort (including tennis ball).

nightprowler10

Executive member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
My point was that you expect a professional cricket commentator to do some research.

Exactly. FFS, all she had to do was watch bits and pieces of the ODI WC earlier this year and see that Scotland played. She made me turn the volume all the way down while watching the match. Her and Rameez Raja equals dire commentary.

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Ravi Shastri is knowledgeable, but he gets a bit boring, using the same cliches over and over again. I am disappointed by his commentary over the years...

Sunil Gavaskar is so slow that before he finishes a sentence, the whole T20 game is over :p

Harsha Bhogle keeps yelling out loud and pontificating when he's not screaming. For God's sake somebody please shut that clown up! :help

Ian Chappell thinks he's the God of cricketing wisdom. Somebody needs to deflate his ego, because he's getting too smart for his own good.

Ian Bishop's nasal accent really annoys me. But otherwise he's decent.

Except David Lloyd who's humourous and entertaining I'm not impressed with the rest of the team.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
I don't mind Ravi Shastri and Sunil Gavaskar. Harsha does get over-excited too easily although I would take him any day over the barrage of substandard ex-players that all the other Indian channels carry around. Ian Chappell's ego ought to have been deflated a while back. He seriously thinks he's the best coach of batting, bowling, wicket-keeping and fielding in the world.

Users who are viewing this thread