Group D - India, Pakistan, Scotland

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
um...if india lose tomorrow, will thet mean theyre out?

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
the weather's aready been great this cup....

the rain only comes in the evening, it seems. and india are bad affected coz both their games in the league stage are night games (including tomorrow's match against pakistan).

baburao

Club Cricketer
Agarkar in T20??? He's the last bowler we need in this format. We know he's about the most generous Indian bowler over the years in 50 over cricket.

What has he got to offer for a T20 side? No batting, length bowling which will get clattered around and decent fielding...

Exactly that was my point.I hope he doesnt get a chance to play against Pak.Afridi & co. will hit him out of the park.:mad:

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
um...if india lose tomorrow, will thet mean theyre out?

not really. if they lose today and tomorrow, they're out. if they lose tomorrow and today's games is washed out, they need to lose by less to qualify. it will get down to the net run rate.

This rain situation for 20-20 is a bloody farce. I cannot seriously believe that they'll have a shortened version of an already short form of the game.

It's ridiculous what the organizers will do for money. I cannot believe it when Harsha said they could actually have a 5-5 game? That's stupid. Might as well toss a coin to decide who wins.

They should play a 20-20 in full otherwise it's a farce.

This is just the first major tournament. The rules could change in future. The commercial viability of the game is tremendous. Lot of countries are now adopting to 20-20. Its here to stay

Last edited:

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
This is just the first major tournament. The rules could change in future. The commercial viability of the game is tremendous. Lot of countries are now adopting to 20-20. Its here to stay

Yes, that's what I said. They're in it for the money... the quality of cricket will suffer as a result.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Scotland's RR is -2.550. If India can win the next game, its comfortable. I still can see no problems unless a worst collapse occurs like what happened to Kenya(Vs NZ).

India and Pakistan will qualify for next stage :)

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
Scotland's RR is -2.550. If India can win the next game, its comfortable. I still can see no problems unless a worst collapse occurs like what happened to Kenya(Vs NZ).

India and Pakistan will qualify for next stage :)

If Pakistan batted first and scored, say 200, they'd only have to win by 51 runs to put India out.

manee

Chairman of Selectors
If Pakistan batted first and scored, say 200, they'd only have to win by 51 runs to put India out.

Well, that relies on a toss result; Pakistan batting brilliantly and scoring 200 and India scoring 149 or less which is below par and Pakistan winning:eek::p. I believe this is just as unlikely as any other scenario.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One

Also another thing is, Pakistan won the match against Scotland by 51 runs in the same ground :p

But i am staying optimistic considering the fact that, Highest score on this ground in a Twenty20 is 171 by Pakistan & feel that India would somehow come close to the total if not a win ;)

At the same time, there are chances for the game to be washed out tomorrow as well,

Cricinfo said:
8.27 pm It's coming down harder now
And if it gets washed out tomorrow as well, India and Pakistan will go through to the next round.

Pak_cricketer

Chairman of Selectors
Pakistan must play this line-up tomorrow:

Mohammad Hafeez
Imran Nazir
Salman Butt
Younis Khan
Shahid Afridi
Shoaib Malik
Fawad Alam/Misbah ul-Haq
Kamran Akmal
Yasir Arafat/Ifthikar Anjum
Umar Gul
Mohammad Asif

Looks good.. India won't find it easy. They need a win, Pakistan on the other hand will play knowing they've qualified.

manee

Chairman of Selectors
At the same time, there are chances for the game to be washed out tomorrow as well,

I think it will be wet on the outfield but not rained off. AM Showers are predicted for Durban tomorrow.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK

I dont believe that India will lose by that big a margin (although likely). So, India needs to lose by less than 51 runs if they bowl first right?

Dhoni should bowl first tomorrow if he wins the toss. Its easier to know what to score in order to qualify. But what worries me is that India have not had a match so far in this tournament (warm up or actual match) and they directly go into this big clash without any exposure. And its going to be Durban with the wind and the pitch assisting the bowlers.

Its not looking good for India, I feel. India need to replace one of the bowlers with an all rounder (Yousuf Pathan). The batting needs to be as tight as possible. I will drop Agarkar for Yousuf Pathan (although I think Dhoni would most probably go with the same team announced for today's match).

I am taking the day off tomorrow from class (not an important one). Going to be a very nervous day tomorrow.

I think it will be wet on the outfield but not rained off. AM Showers are predicted for Durban tomorrow.

That would be better for India, I think. If its rained off tomorrow also, we go into the Super Eights without playing a game. I would prefer though that india beat Pakistan to enter the Super Eight. We can beat them. We have a good balanced team.

Pakistan must play this line-up tomorrow:

Mohammad Hafeez
Imran Nazir
Salman Butt
Younis Khan
Shahid Afridi
Shoaib Malik
Fawad Alam/Misbah ul-Haq
Kamran Akmal
Yasir Arafat/Ifthikar Anjum
Umar Gul
Mohammad Asif

Looks good.. India won't find it easy. They need a win, Pakistan on the other hand will play knowing they've qualified.

For india, this should be easier than what they faced when they met Sri Lanka in the 50 over World cup 2007.

1. Pakistan is a very very unpredictable side. They also have this pressure thing, and playing India is another big pressure.

2. Even if india lose, india and qualify. there, if india lost, they had to rely on bermuda beating bangladesh.

Afridi is the big fish tomorrow. get him cheaply and you have a good chance.

Last edited:

Pak_cricketer

Chairman of Selectors
1. Pakistan is a very very unpredictable side. They also have this pressure thing, and playing India is another big pressure.

2. Even if india lose, india and qualify. there, if india lost, they had to rely on bermuda beating bangladesh.

Afridi is the big fish tomorrow. get him cheaply and you have a good chance.

Don't agree. Pakistan can make a good total without him. He's like a bonus. Younis Khan, Mohammad Hafeez, and Shoaib Malik are in fantastic form with the bat.

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
So, India needs to lose by less than 51 runs if they bowl first right?

If Pakistan scored 200, yes. Obviously that changes if Pakistan score less. Basically, if Pakistan bat first, India have to score at least 75% of the Pakistan total to go through. If India bat first, they have to make sure Pakistan bat for at least 16 overs (or bowl them out of course!)

This assumes my maths are right of course!!

Users who are viewing this thread