MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
In the Don Bradman Academy's Team Manager, viewing a team will now show you an ID field.
id.png

To make team specific mods, simply create a folder in the My Games\Don Bradman Cricket 14\textures directory with that ID number, and then simply add mods into that folder to have them apply to that particular team.

For example, to customise the bats that players in the PlanetCricket linked team use, you would place replacement bats into a My Games\Don Bradman Cricket 14\textures\79\characters\sponsors folder.

When viewing a player, a new Previous Team and Next Team button will allow you to cycle through the different appearances of a player in their different teams.

For teams that are linked, the ID should be common for all users, while custom teams will have different ones depending on the order they were downloaded.

Please note that per-team mods for custom/un-linked teams will only take effect in new careers/tours/competitions.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Allow me to be the first to say: Wooooooooo!

This might get me modding.

manojit007

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Its really a great chance to show your modding skills.....great work bigant.....

oliryan33

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
This sounds awesome! Might have to spend a while sorting all my teams mods.

sarkazm

Club Captain
My Games\Don Bradman Cricket 14\textures directory with that ID number, and then simply add mods into that folder to have them apply to that particular team. For example, to customise the bats that players in the PlanetCricket linked team use, you would place replacement bats into a My Games\Don Bradman Cricket 14\textures\79\characters\sponsors folder.

Hi MattW.
Just to check my understanding and I'm pretty sure I've got it however, doesn't hurt to check - when you create the ID folder as per above, do you then also have to have all the sub-folders where the mods go sitting inside the ID folder? As in you have to have the same folder structure in the ID folder as there is under the current Characters folder, meaning you simply copy & paste the existing Characters folder into the ID folder and add your mods?
Or, do you simply drop each created mod file into the ID folder?

Cheers in advance for clarifying for me.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Just to check my understanding and I'm pretty sure I've got it however, doesn't hurt to check - when you create the ID folder as per above, do you then also have to have all the sub-folders where the mods go sitting inside the ID folder? As in you have to have the same folder structure in the ID folder as there is under the current Characters folder, meaning you simply copy & paste the existing Characters folder into the ID folder and add your mods?
Correct - there's the same folder structure underneath the ID based folder, just move it from being directly in that main textures folder to inside the numbered folder if you only want it to apply to one team.

Worth also noting that the old way will still work as well, so if you want to change something for all the teams - or for mods that are not team specific like overlays or stadium adboards - you can (and in some cases, must) put them in the existing folder structure.

Skankhunt 42

Banned
We used to have a "Stadium" and a "texture" folder within the "texture" folder in game directory. after the update we can duplicate the "characters" folder under each ID to have a complete customized set for each team. But; My question is can we do the same with those two folders?

The idea is to have a little "local" look to the stadiums (of course with customized bill boards, scoreboard and stadium ropes). I mean; if I select "Melbourne Stadium" as both Australian and Indian home ground; can we associate this stadium with both teams using completely two different sets of textures?

Thank you! :)

Ramz

International Coach
just a quick question, ive downloaded the Pakistan ODI kit, and if i create the folder which has pakistan ID, will the test kit work with using another sponsor logo, so the same logo doesnt show up on both kits, any idea or guide will be helpful

Skankhunt 42

Banned
A
will the test kit work with using another sponsor logo, so the same logo doesnt show up on both kits
As I've seen; you can only select one sponsor per team (both light and dark). So; if you set the test sponsor to "light" and ODI and T20 sponsor to "dark"; you can use both of them.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
It's Sad! :( Wish next DBC will come up with such modding constraints along with other awesome ones! :thumbs
You probably want fewer constraints, rather than new and 'awesome' constraints.

Don't worry, it's an area Big Ant are always looking at.

Users who are viewing this thread