Guru Gary Kirsten

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Ever since he came, India has become No. 1 in test cricket, we have been very close to being No. 1 in ODI cricket (we were No. 1 for a few days). Only thing is our T20 form has gone downhill but I wouldnt mind that one little bit.

Kirsten being like Wright (quiet, in the background) has reaped the success and the team is looking united and jelling well.

rahuldravidfan

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Gary has been a great mentor. I won't call him a coach coz he is basically a mentor with a coaching team. And he and his team have done miracles with this team.

Keep it up fella's :clap

P

pcfan123

How many more Tests does he have to win to become the coach with the most wins for India? His stock as an International coach has soared after this India job. Maybe take over Mickey Arthur eventually.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
How many more Tests does he have to win to become the coach with the most wins for India? His stock as an International coach has soared after this India job. Maybe take over Mickey Arthur eventually.

I think BCCI will do everything within their grasp to keep him.

Money, that is.

It's not so much his coaching techniques but the mental stability and belief which he has instilled in this team. He seems to have done a lot of work with what goes on in the players' minds.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Coaching has nothing to do with the team's success. :facepalm

I'm sure the players know more about the coach's effect than you :). All Indian players have said that Gary Kirsten has been immeasurably beneficial to them as individuals and to Indian cricket.

King Cricket

International Coach
Kirsten has been a wonderful asset to the team from the very beginning. Is always there when the team needs him, maintains a real low profile, and never tries to be over-possessive. No wonder every single player of the side has showered praises on this dude. This modest outlook is the key to his success, if you ask me.

piriyanth

International Cricketer
He's a good coach for sure, but sometimes he says silly things, such as 'having sex will help you play better cricket':facepalm

TumTum

International Cricketer
Coaches are so over rated. No other countries give a ████ about their coaches as much as India does.

The experienced players know all too well how to perform in international matches. Whilst the new guys need coaching at domestic level, not international.

FFS this stupid thread should just be closed.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Coaches are so over rated. No other countries give a ████ about their coaches as much as India does.

The experienced players know all too well how to perform in international matches. Whilst the new guys need coaching at domestic level, not international.

FFS this stupid thread should just be closed.

This. Without a coach New Zealand has probably played better cricket tbh, I agree they are very overrated at times.

drainpipe32

Chairman of Selectors
OMFG. The amount of Indian supporter bias is getting seriously out of hand....

Users who are viewing this thread