GuyIncognito. Playface template.

For those that don't have the steam version, here is a dropbox link provided by HBK619:

In terms of my own creations, I'll wait and see where the game is at in a month or two and decide if its even worth my time.

Patrickjk19

School Cricketer
For those that don't have the steam version, here is a dropbox link provided by HBK619:

In terms of my own creations, I'll wait and see where the game is at in a month or two and decide if its even worth my time.
Hi,

Noob to playing on PC, have previously played on console.

I noticed there's a feature to import a players face into the game to use on players, I took a photo that was central on the camera and when I imported it, the face was all skewed and not central.
I'm using a Samsung G9 Neo monitor in 5120 x 1440 resolution and have the game set to the same resolution.

Do you know if that's a resolution issue causing this or is the feature just a bit buggy? If you have any guidance on this I'd be really grateful or if you could point me in the right direction please?

Cheers,

Pat

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hi,

I noticed there's a feature to import a players face into the game to use on players, I took a photo that was central on the camera and when I imported it, the face was all skewed and not central.
I'm using a Samsung G9 Neo monitor in 5120 x 1440 resolution and have the game set to the same resolution.

Do you know if that's a resolution issue causing this or is the feature just a bit buggy? If you have any guidance on this I'd be really grateful or if you could point me in the right direction please?

Cheers,

Pat
Hi Pat,

So you want to follow the template guidelines in the link provided. You would need to resize the image (template is 2048 x 2048) firstly. This is a rough one I did of myself for C22:

playface_template2.jpg

I'm still learning how to get consistent results as its a bit more tricky than previously on Cricket 19.

AJ Mods and Wasteyouryouth are doing some great things thus far.

bilalmalik79

Club Cricketer
Hi,

Cheers,

Pat
Hey man, same here I tried whole full today , with high resolution photo of mine, but no way near the result like @amoljnd wasteryouryouth

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
The playface tech this time around is really good.

This was my first attempt:
20211212235136_1.jpg

The template above, as my second attempt:
cricket22_2021_12_13_01_54_28_196.png

So you don't have to get it perfect to get a decent result. Eyebrows seem to be the trickiest part but as long as your work is within the scalp layer area in the template, you can get some really accurate results. Just be sure to line up the eyes, nose and mouth. If need be duplicate the base layer, cut out eyes, mouth (from your face) and set the top layer to soft light (although this part doesn't work as well in C22 compared to C19).

Ashy-90

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The playface tech this time around is really good.

This was my first attempt:
View attachment 259347

The template above, as my second attempt:
View attachment 259346

So you don't have to get it perfect to get a decent result. Eyebrows seem to be the trickiest part but as long as your work is within the scalp layer area in the template, you can get some really accurate results. Just be sure to line up the eyes, nose and mouth. If need be duplicate the base layer, cut out eyes, mouth (from your face) and set the top layer to soft light (although this part doesn't work as well in C22 compared to C19).
u look spot on .. buddy !

Patrickjk19

School Cricketer
Hi Pat,

So you want to follow the template guidelines in the link provided. You would need to resize the image (template is 2048 x 2048) firstly. This is a rough one I did of myself for C22:

View attachment 259341

I'm still learning how to get consistent results as its a bit more tricky than previously on Cricket 19.

AJ Mods and Wasteyouryouth are doing some great things thus far.

Thank you, is there a guide in the RAR file that I downloaded? I haven't got a tool to access the file yet so just wanted to ask before downloading or finding one.

Really appreciate it

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Thank you, is there a guide in the RAR file that I downloaded? I haven't got a tool to access the file yet so just wanted to ask before downloading or finding one.

Really appreciate it
No guides yet. Can't speak for wasteyouryouth and ajmods, but personally, I won't be doing any guides until I can get some sort of streamlined approach to making playfaces. Right now its a bit of a cobbled together process lol.

You do need photoshop though if that's what you mean by a tool to access.

https://www.photopea.com/ is a really good web browser alternative to photoshop, works very similar to it.

Patrickjk19

School Cricketer
No guides yet. Can't speak for wasteyouryouth and ajmods, but personally, I won't be doing any guides until I can get some sort of streamlined approach to making playfaces. Right now its a bit of a cobbled together process lol.

You do need photoshop though if that's what you mean by a tool to access.

https://www.photopea.com/ is a really good web browser alternative to photoshop, works very similar to it.

Ah ok mate, no worries - you mentioned template guidelines in your previous message - I've just got no idea how to get started but do have full Photoshop so have the tools to do this.

Found a Youtube video

Problem is the lad who's doing it doesn't describe what he's doing and uses Keyboard shortcuts.

He does something at 6.27 where he's clicking on the layer icon and suddenly his face layer is merged in the copy and I can't figure out what he's doing so I tried to merge two layers and autoblend but the face layer seems to disappear when blended and I'm just left with the template. Any ideas on this please?

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Ah ok mate, no worries - you mentioned template guidelines in your previous message - I've just got no idea how to get started but do have full Photoshop so have the tools to do this.

Found a Youtube video

Problem is the lad who's doing it doesn't describe what he's doing and uses Keyboard shortcuts.

He does something at 6.27 where he's clicking on the layer icon and suddenly his face layer is merged in the copy and I can't figure out what he's doing so I tried to merge two layers and autoblend but the face layer seems to disappear when blended and I'm just left with the template. Any ideas on this please?
Not sure what this guy is doing, I had a totally different way of doing it. Keep in mind though this probably won't work for C22 as its a totally new template. As I said, I'm still struggling a bit with C22's template and until I have something useful to share I won't be helping in terms of specifics to making a face, as I don't really have anything to share.

Patrickjk19

School Cricketer
Not sure what this guy is doing, I had a totally different way of doing it. Keep in mind though this probably won't work for C22 as its a totally new template. As I said, I'm still struggling a bit with C22's template and until I have something useful to share I won't be helping in terms of specifics to making a face, as I don't really have anything to share.
Cheers mate, let us know if you crack it, thanks.

I'm slightly confused by the layers on C22 as they have scalp and a base model which seems different to C19

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Alright guys and gals, I'm a bit burnt out tbh and won't be doing many faces anymore. But I've uploaded the template I've been using recently and expanded upon it. Be warned its a bit big, so a quick tip would be when finished with a face, delete any items you're not using (file size can go down from 500mb to 80 odd mb.)

I've added a bunch of beard shapes and eyebrow shapes (eyebrows work well with darker skinned players by default so might need to tweak for Caucasian players). If you wish to change a beard or eyebrow colour, attach a solid colour adjustment layer and set it to hue, color etc. By default the beards are set to hard light, if you need a ginger beard - luminosity works great, if you need brown then set to darken and solid colour adjustment layer (set to clipping mask) and away you go. Obviously turn off the black and white adjust layer too.

I've made this as easy as possible so all you need to worry about is just getting the desired face lined up and blended with the skin tone you wish.

Obviously with beards you can use your imagination with multiple layers and erasing parts etc.

Cheers.

ChrisCricket

Associate Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Thanks man will have to download this later

Still struggling to get to grips with creating a play face but will keep working on it hard

Users who are viewing this thread