Hands on/Review time

mani82ua

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
ONE LINE:"Value for money and worth buying if you are cricket game lover, apart from all goods the best part is AI"

RATING: 9.5/10 (0.5 i am reserving for very very few tweaks still in game but there are so much good stuff in game as i cant figure out any bad if we see overall GAME)

DETAILS: When you counting days and desperately waiting for 16th and all of sudden your game shop keeper called you and said m sending guy with the game at your home. Thanks BIG ANT for making my weekend awesome as played almost 12 hrs plus :D.

Regarding review i haven't played online so far as cant get any quick match game due to very few users along with career mode just started so cant comment at moment but completely tested AI by completing 4 T20 and 1 Ashes test match at legend/hardest difficulty.

GOODS:
- Game Interface
- Audio songs collection in game, Crowd noise & commentary (far better than previous one)
- Animations & Graphics
- Realistic bowling & batting styles
- Playing a fast bowler is great
- Licensed AUS & ENG teams are great
- Stadiums are Awesome (specially Aussie ones)
- Weather change plus raining effects
- Much better career mode
- Earned Stats are back
- HUGE improvement in AI specially and better shot selection by AI as per match situation
- Game SFX sound specially when ball hits at your helmet
- Fielding and throws are improved a lot & Reflex catches are great
- Customization in HUD as you can turn on/off all sort of HUDs
- Career game interface

BADS:
- Ground designs are limited like last iteration
- Highlights package is missing
- "League & KO mode" (like this year champions trophy) missing in creating custom tournament
- Resuming Ashes game give you editing match settings (most probably it will fix in coming patch if any)
- While cancel run some time batsman slow in going back to crease (most probably it will fix in coming patch if any)
- Game flicker sometime when you are batsman and seeing the fielder from bumper keys (very rare)
- Physical object not recognized (most probably it will fix in coming patch if any)
- AI does not take quick singles sometimes
- AI change field too much in T20
- Earned stats and user stats not showing cirrect at moment (most probably it will fix in coming patch if any)

Last edited:

jaffar100

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
ONE LINE:"Value for money and worth buying if you are cricket game lover, apart from all goods the best part is AI"

RATING: 9.5/10 (0.5 i am reserving for very very few tweaks still in game but there are so much good stuff in game as i cant figure out any bad if we see overall GAME)

DETAILS: When you counting days and desperately waiting for 16th and all of sudden your game shop keeper called you and said m sending guy with the game at your home. Thanks BIG ANT for making my weekend awesome as played almost 12 hrs plus :D.

Regarding review i haven't played online so far as cant get any quick match game due to very few users at moment along with career mode just started so cant comment at moment but completely tested AI by completing 4 T20 and 1 Ashes test match at legend/hardest difficulty.

GOODS:
- Game Interface
- Audio songs collection in game, Crowd noise & commentary (far better than previous one)
- Animations & Graphics
- Realistic bowling & batting styles
- Playing a fast bowler is great
- Licensed AUS & ENG teams are great
- Stadiums are Awesome (specially Aussie ones)
- Weather change plus raining effects
- Much better career mode
- Earned Stats are back
- HUGE improvement in AI specially and better shot selection by AI as per match situation
- Game SFX sound specially when ball hits at your helmet
- Fielding and throws are improved a lot & Reflex catches are great
- Customization in HUD as you can turn on/off all sort of HUDs
- Career game interface

BADS:
- Resuming Ashes game give you editing match settings (most probably it will fix in comping patch if any)
- While cancel run some time batsman slow in going back to crease (most probably it will fix in comping patch if any)
- "League & KO mode" (like this year champions trophy) missing in creating custom tournament
- Game flicker sometime when you are batsman and seeing the fielder from bumper keys (very rare)
- Physical object not recognized (most probably it will fix in comping patch if any)
- Ground designs are limited like last iteration
Did you get chance to play T20? How about the fielding positions I could see in some videos that mid on and mid off are up in T20 game, even after power plays ?

mani82ua

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Yes i played 3-4 T20 games and sometime fielders are up but when you score or make any boundary, AI change his fielders and you need to find other gaps.

Seriously i never noticed this thing much as all games went so close specially

GAME1: AI(AUS) scored 237 runs and i(ENG) was up in the game till 11th over as score was 130/1 and from there i lost the game form 11 runs after arrival of Maxwell
GAME2: Due to raining match reduce to 16 overs, i scored 140 and 1-6 over belong to AI and then i came back to game till 10th over by picking 4 quick wickets and think that i won the game. I dropped one catch of Wade and AI keep scoring at 10 rpo and won the game
GAME3: the game that i won thats due to great bowling and after my full concentration in bowling/continuous field change rewarded S Finn who picked 4 wkts and I won by 19 runs

jaffar100

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
Ok thanks , ‘when you score or make any boundary, AI change his fielders and you need to find other gaps.’

This means that they will keep deep mid off ,deep mid on ,deep square leg and deep covers. This is ideally a realistic field positions in T20’s

Late-Cut

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Bangladesh
@mani82ua Did you encountered AI(Batsmen) not scoring quick singles in limited over matches? It happened quite often in mazd live streaming.

chintoo02018

Associate Cricketer
What about AI chasing in Last overs

AsadHaroon

School Cricketer
Is there no option to select which mode you want to play? Offline I only see Test. Online can select any. Great game however. But this offline option not to select any game modes Is something major.

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
Is there no option to select which mode you want to play? Offline I only see Test. Online can select any. Great game however. But this offline option not to select any game modes Is something major.

Are you asking if you can only play tests offline?

Of course you can select the type of match you play offline...

AsadHaroon

School Cricketer
Are you asking if you can only play tests offline?

Of course you can select the type of match you play offline...

No I cannot select to play other game modes as no option to change it only shows test. Once I go to casual game. And no option to change it to other mode. Like t20 or something.

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
No I cannot select to play other game modes as no option to change it only shows test. Once I go to casual game. And no option to change it to other mode. Like t20 or something.

There absolutely is the option to play non-tests offline. Are you able to change other options on that screen like match start time, weather conditions?

AsadHaroon

School Cricketer
There absolutely is the option to play non-tests offline. Are you able to change other options on that screen like match start time, weather conditions?

Few issues why is display like olden times like? Lol loafing screen I see all fine during game visual is bad.

2nd option no I cannot seem to figure it out

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Few issues why is display like olden times like? Lol loafing screen I see all fine during game visual is bad.

Mind sharing a screenshot or video of what you are doing, that way it will be easy to help.

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia

Navigate to that part of the screen when selecting the teams where it says the match type. You can then change the match type

Users who are viewing this thread