Help with BLC??

S

shahid6995

i have the last BLC to be released and it used to work fine on my old windows 98 but since i have upgraded to xp it wont play anymore... first it would do nothing at all on any option of video cards, even software... then after i installed the official patch it would say wrong cd even when the cd is in the drive... dont know whats going on when it worked fine on the older computer... any help??

N

nikhilverma

Probably you ave an illegal copy...
In that case we can't elp you... :saywhat:

S

shahid6995

Originally posted by nikhilverma@Oct 8 2004, 06:08 AM
Probably you ave an illegal copy...
In that case we can't elp you... :saywhat:
that would have been too easy wouldnt it??
unfortunately no its not a illegal copy.... i have a legal copy purchased from UK several years ago... and like i said it worked fine on my older win 98 and only on the xp is giving problems...
so any help now or are you guys still suspicious??
maybe some one can just tell me this... is BLC working on anyone else's win XP or win 2000????

B

bubu

There are compatibility issues with BLC running under Win 2000/XP. Some of the guys on this forum and other fourms have come up with a solution on how to rectify the problem.

Sorry I can't help with the solution because I can't remember it :scratch: but I'm sure one of the guys around here will be able to help you out with that solution.

S

shahid6995

well i searched the forums, found one thread which included a downloadable file which is supposedly several tweaked exe's for making BLC play on XP. Unfortunately the .rar archive that the files are in, seems to be corrupted. So does anyone have any other help for my problem at all??

S

saadtariq

1) Install as normal off the CD-ROM. (I choose full installation but I don't think it will matter). I even changed the default installation directory so that is not important. Do not install the patch! - the replacement mentioned below are for the original version not the patched version. Therefore you might want to use the FILTERED cheat before playing.
2) Copy the files downloaded from http://cloud.prohosting.com/ghostbot/ in to the directory. Nb .RAR files are compressed files similar to .ZIP. You will need to extract the files using WinRar.
3) run dxdiag and set the sound acceleration to none. This is necessary if the game appears to hang just after the toss or you get no music on the main menu screen.
4) Run the game as normal. Note you must have the CD in the drive you installed from but it will now no longer fail.

copy-pasted from the cricketgames.com forum. hope it helps

Users who are viewing this thread