Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
MattW submitted a new article

Helping the Cricket Heroes!

Cricket Heroes, an indie cricket game that started as a small simulator with pixel graphics is trying to take the next step into a fully motion captured 3D environment and needs your help to make that step up. I'll pass it over to developer Kurt - kurtkz on the forums - to explain in more detail:
Greetings!

Cricket Heroes is undergoing a facelift and we sure could use your help.

We've managed to get our hands on a cheap mocap system and have steadily been churning out new animations for fielding, bowling, batting and the umpires. Unfortunately, these new animations don't look great on the current models (not the producers fault, we asked for that style).

To this end, we're trying to replace the cutesy models with something a little more realistic. We're not looking for AAA models. We're just trying to find a style that people enjoy and that will engage them better.

We're testing a variety of automated tools for this and are producing test models using MakeHuman (free software). If you think you can help us out or if you're just interested in how we're doing mocap, please drop me a PM or email me at kurtkz2 at gmail dot com.

Cheers!

A work in progress model of one of the umpires is already available, but it needs a lot more work before it's all ready for the game

Of course if you don't have time to help them out directly, purchasing a copy of the game can help support Kurt's development efforts. You can do that, or download the demo of the game as it currently stands, on the Cricket Heroes website. Or pop down to the Cricket Heroes forum on PlanetCricket and give your feedback on the game so far.
Continue reading the Original Post.

Users who are viewing this thread