Hindi Cinema Discussion

P

pcfan123

Hey Indian films.

Boy + Girl, boy loves girl, boy gets beaten up a bit sings a few songs, then ends up together with the girl.

too true! also you forgot the angry dad who dosent want girl to marry boy

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Boy meets girl, girl has overbearing family, boy and girl meet up again in the pouring rain and sing. Girl's friend finds out but supports girl. Girl and friend sing. Boy's love for girl wins over girl's family. One final song and the film ends with a still of the boy punching the air in victory or boy and girl kiss.

Oh, and there is at least one scene where all the family are sitting around the table having one big meal.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Hey Indian films.

Boy + Girl, boy loves girl, boy gets beaten up a bit sings a few songs, then ends up together with the girl.

I wish those who have just watched a few 'finger count' of Indian films dont take the liberty of passing out sarcastic comments about our films.

saisrini80 added 3 Minutes and 5 Seconds later...

Boy meets girl, girl has overbearing family, boy and girl meet up again in the pouring rain and sing. Girl's friend finds out but supports girl. Girl and friend sing. Boy's love for girl wins over girl's family. One final song and the film ends with a still of the boy punching the air in victory or boy and girl kiss.

Oh, and there is at least one scene where all the family are sitting around the table having one big meal.

You guys have the same stuff in a genre called "Romance". Its the same in India too. Its just that this particular genre has been very popular in India. And this popularity has ended years back (probably in 2001-02). Right now, you would find these type of romances hard to see. If you wish to see different Indian films, take a look into that list posted by me in a few posts back.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
First: 40 movies are too much for one month

Second: Dhoom 3 is out! When was it released?

Third: did a new Aamir Khan movie came out or not? I just checked it myself. For 2009 there are three movies (!) scheduled of him: Delhi Belly, 3 Idiots, Dhobi Ghaat

Some other news: Krrish 2 is coming out in 2010

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Dhoom-3 hasnt even started their casting. We dont know who is going to play the villian in Dhoom-3 and whether the Abhishek-Uday combination will continue or not.

Aamir Khan has 3 Idiots for Diwali (October-November). Not sure about Delhi Belly. Is he doing a film called Dhobi Gaat? Also Krrish-2 hasnt started filming. Not sure if they have even finalised the cast. 'My Name is Khan's has been postponed to a June 2010 release (one of the most anticipated with Shahrukh, Kajol and Karan Johar).

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
That guy in the first post made me too happy. I was thinking that Dhoom 3 was coming out right now. The way he posted sounded like it came along with the 40 movies in one month.

But whatever Aamir Khan does, it's an instant hit. I am pretty surprised that he is doing now suddenly 3 movies in one year. Maybe he will play only a guest role or something in the other movies. But I am not sure of that. I don't remember him doing some short guest role.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
He is doing the hero role in only one film (3 Idiots). In the rest of the films, they are just passing appearences. I am not sure if he is actually acting in Delhi belly (he is producing it though)

P

pcfan123

arent Hindi flicks like 4-5 hours long, and 40 in a month! how would you get anything else done !

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
well, first of all where on earth did he get that info ??

40 films is just bullshit....somewhere between 10-15 is much more believable
and out of those 10-15, 10 films will bomb badly at the box office....

jkartik added 0 Minutes and 46 Seconds later...

arent Hindi flicks like 4-5 hours long, and 40 in a month! how would you get anything else done !

nowadays, hindi movies are a tad under 2.30 hrs.....but it does FEEL like 4 hrs though....

jkartik added 1 Minutes and 30 Seconds later...

hmmm....you must have scene of the those HORRIBLE films of the 80's and 90s....

out of curiosity....do you remember which film it was ??

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK

Where did you get that info? Our longest film in recent times, Jodhaa Akbar was just 3.3 or so hrs long. And its a rarity. Most of our films are 2 hrs 40 mins or so in length approximately.

King Cricket

International Coach

I don't think you've watched any modern Indian film. These stupid plots are really rare nowadys.

King Cricket added 2 Minutes and 19 Seconds later...

WTF! The modern films are barely two and a half hours long!

Chetan0304

Chairman of Selectors

The modern films this days are hardly 2.30 hours and the last one which crossed 3 hrs was Mera Naam Joker of Raj Kappor (:hpraise)

Users who are viewing this thread