Hindi Cinema Discussion

aditya123

National Board President
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
No matter how many times I watch this, not able to like it at all! Its so damn amateurish, that its painful! So clear that this is not Ayan Mukerji's strong point and it shows big time!
Almost feels like Bollywood feels this need to either put in nationalism (army) or religion in every big movie these days. Most of these movies aren't even watchable. The actual good Hindi movies now are story-driven and those rarely involve big stars. Don`t have much expectations from this.

B

Bigby Wolf

Out of all the Indian films to blow up this had to be the one smh.

On the other hand Kuwait yet again pull off a strong win. This Kuwait side plays proper T20 cricket with hitters everywhere.
***Offtopic***

Is RRR really that good movie?

What say @Till Valhalla ?

Out of all the recent South Indian flicks I watched Puspha Only and really liked it.

KGF saw the 1st one found it decent.

Till Valhalla

ICC Chairman
The Boys
Profile Flag
Papua New Guinea
***Offtopic***

Out of all the recent South Indian flicks I watched Puspha Only and really liked it.

I couldn't finish RRR. KGF is no way the best film to be ever made or something and it's know that hence it's enjoyable and fun.
While RRR takes itself seriously and in my opinion fails.
Pushpa is a good mix of masala and fine movie making.

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
***Offtopic***

I’ve seen it partly and disliked it. Read an article on how it twists the narrative from what was history which only deepened it.

RRR became a cult hit in the Western world because of how it doesn’t hide itself trying to be grand and ‘ambitious’ with it’s effects being over the top, the story being over the top and everything else too. It’s basically an all out assault that ramps up everything to a 11. The current mainstream Hollywood scenario is filled with derivative films, standard fare and generic films for the most part lacking this type of over the top ambition and grandeur which is why I believe it has become popular there. Mission Impossible is the only film series in recent times that offers something similar at a good quality. To them this is the sort of cinematic experience that has gone missing, a fun filled 3 hours where they can just not think too deeply and enjoy the spectacle. I don’t think we face this problem as pretty much every movie that is released here is absolutely geared towards that sole purpose at the expense of absolutely everything else. :p

Haven’t seen KGF 1 or 2 but everyone who has seen it swears by how good it was including people who criticise RRR heavily. Pushpa on the other hand aims to be your standard fare movie for our folk and is happy enough to restrict it’s scope and just focus on it’s strengths which is why it shines as the good one time watchable flick. I’d argue that South Indian cinema needs to recognise that there will always be a market for a film like Pushpa if it is well made and focused instead of trying to do everything all at once and so executed those movies as their commercial blockbusters without fear whilst trying out the experimental and creative films that are normally risky giving it the treatment it deserves rather than trying to shoehorn commercial elements in the latter and ruining the film making it appeal to no particular crowd in general.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India

Gurukirat

School Cricketer
I’ve seen it partly and disliked it. Read an article on how it twists the narrative from what was history which only deepened it.

RRR became a cult hit in the Western world because of how it doesn’t hide itself trying to be grand and ‘ambitious’ with it’s effects being over the top, the story being over the top and everything else too. It’s basically an all out assault that ramps up everything to a 11. The current mainstream Hollywood scenario is filled with derivative films, standard fare and generic films for the most part lacking this type of over the top ambition and grandeur which is why I believe it has become popular there. Mission Impossible is the only film series in recent times that offers something similar at a good quality. To them this is the sort of cinematic experience that has gone missing, a fun filled 3 hours where they can just not think too deeply and enjoy the spectacle. I don’t think we face this problem as pretty much every movie that is released here is absolutely geared towards that sole purpose at the expense of absolutely everything else. :p

Haven’t seen KGF 1 or 2 but everyone who has seen it swears by how good it was including people who criticise RRR heavily. Pushpa on the other hand aims to be your standard fare movie for our folk and is happy enough to restrict it’s scope and just focus on it’s strengths which is why it shines as the good one time watchable flick. I’d argue that South Indian cinema needs to recognise that there will always be a market for a film like Pushpa if it is well made and focused instead of trying to do everything all at once and so executed those movies as their commercial blockbusters without fear whilst trying out the experimental and creative films that are normally risky giving it the treatment it deserves rather than trying to shoehorn commercial elements in the latter and ruining the film making it appeal to no particular crowd in general.
I Agree with Bevab. I never liked South Asian Stars, i am typical virgo
Never Discreminate no one but still not like to watch south asian any star

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I went to RRR expecting grandeur, masala entertainment and I got it in full measure from that film. Sorta like how the Westerners seem to be enjoying RRR at the moment. Having been bred and brought up on South cinema, I know what to expect from certain filmmakers and I knew Rajamouli's USP and I went in with the right expectations.

I couldnt bear KGF1 much at all and so I stopped halfway and didnt even approach the 2nd part. I have heard good things about Pushpa, but somehow couldn't watch it because of its dark setting and I was not in the mood for dark films in recent times. Really liked Kantara, which was a good film until the last 20 mins that elevated it to "very good / awesome".

Coming back to the topic of this thread, which is Hindi cinema (the above are South cinema) - Brahmastra was GOD DAMN AWFUL! Couldn't get past 25-30 mins of the film. I expected it to be bad, and it turned out super bad. Bollywood is truly in the dumps and 2022 has proved it with how we are talking about South cinema in a Bollywood thread. :p:D

B

Bigby Wolf

I went to RRR expecting grandeur, masala entertainment and I got it in full measure from that film. Sorta like how the Westerners seem to be enjoying RRR at the moment. Having been bred and brought up on South cinema, I know what to expect from certain filmmakers and I knew Rajamouli's USP and I went in with the right expectations.

I couldnt bear KGF1 much at all and so I stopped halfway and didnt even approach the 2nd part. I have heard good things about Pushpa, but somehow couldn't watch it because of its dark setting and I was not in the mood for dark films in recent times. Really liked Kantara, which was a good film until the last 20 mins that elevated it to "very good / awesome".

Coming back to the topic of this thread, which is Hindi cinema (the above are South cinema) - Brahmastra was GOD DAMN AWFUL! Couldn't get past 25-30 mins of the film. I expected it to be bad, and it turned out super bad. Bollywood is truly in the dumps and 2022 has proved it with how we are talking about South cinema in a Bollywood thread. :p:D
Glad I wasn't the only 1 to think the same about KGF1.:D

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One

I would not call Bhramastra god damn awful. For me Alia sucked and her acting is so horrible but the team did give a good try. The movie was a bit long and some 6-8 min songs could be easily cut in half and reduced time by 20-40 min. I feel they really had a great product and made it mediocre but was not awful.

Till Valhalla

ICC Chairman
The Boys
Profile Flag
Papua New Guinea
Bollywood is truly in the dumps and 2022 has proved it with how we are talking about South cinema in a Bollywood thread
Lolapalooza.
The other movies were released in Hindi hence they are discussed here.
They were plenty of good "Bollywood" movies released too.
I would not call Bhramastra god damn awful. For me Alia sucked and her acting is so horrible but the team did give a good try. The movie was a bit long and some 6-8 min songs could be easily cut in half and reduced time by 20-40 min. I feel they really had a great product and made it mediocre but was not awful.
They might had a good idea maybe 5 years ago. Ayan Mukherjee fumbled the bag very badly. Ranbir wasn't also good.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Lolapalooza.
The other movies were released in Hindi hence they are discussed here.
They were plenty of good "Bollywood" movies released too.

They might had a good idea maybe 5 years ago. Ayan Mukherjee fumbled the bag very badly. Ranbir wasn't also good.
Agree, 5 years a little late. The delays did not help.

Users who are viewing this thread