Hindi Cinema Discussion

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I watched 'Luck'. Was that a movie? Absolute trash! Most of the time, I was forwarding through the movie and only stopped at parts to see what Shruti Hasan does (its her first movie, and she is Kamal haasan's daughter). She was good and beautiful, but the movie sucked to the core....

I am watching Love Aaj Kal tomorrow at theatres here in USA. Its one of the biggest openers here and its housefull tomorrow (the local stores have sold out all tickets and are reporting an increase in theatre size and shows to accomodate the demand). The reviews are above average too. According to Indiafm, its the biggest opener in recent times in UK and has had a smashing start in India. Cant wait! I loved 'Jab We Met' and I am a big fan of Saif and Deepika.

P

pcfan123

I watched Iqbal the other day. Decent flick, one of the better Hindi cricket films. I had to turn Victory off after about 40 minutes.

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I watched Iqbal the other day. Decent flick, one of the better Hindi cricket films. I had to turn Victory off after about 40 minutes.

i couldnt even muster up the courage to watch it :p

i presume you've watched lagaan ?? ;)

jkartik added 2 Minutes and 45 Seconds later...

I am watching Love Aaj Kal tomorrow at theatres here in USA. Its one of the biggest openers here and its housefull tomorrow (the local stores have sold out all tickets and are reporting an increase in theatre size and shows to accomodate the demand). The reviews are above average too. According to Indiafm, its the biggest opener in recent times in UK and has had a smashing start in India. Cant wait! I loved 'Jab We Met' and I am a big fan of Saif and Deepika.

dont believe that taran adarsh....he is always on the pay roll of production houses....his reviews are ████ !

he gave RDB - 2.5 / 5 :eek:
KANK - 4.5 / 5 !! :sarcasm

P

pcfan123

I liked Lagaan, have you heard of this British Tv series called "outside edge"? its hilarious.

blazerix

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
i couldnt even muster up the courage to watch it :p

i presume you've watched lagaan ?? ;)

jkartik added 2 Minutes and 45 Seconds later...

dont believe that taran adarsh....he is always on the pay roll of production houses....his reviews are ████ !

he gave RDB - 2.5 / 5 :eek:
KANK - 4.5 / 5 !! :sarcasm

Are you serious? He gave RDB 2.5/5?? :doh

Chetan0304

Chairman of Selectors
Hear this one

Let�s face it, RANG DE BASANTI offers entertainment, but it�s not your run-of-the-mill kind of a movie.

Another drawback is that the film goes into a major flashback in the second half. Agreed, it has been deftly executed, but the film could�ve done without those portions. The writers should�ve come to the point straightaway: The air crash, the awakening and the revenge. Even the songs -- in the second half specifically -- don�t really contribute in taking the story forward.

A.R. Rahman's music is ordinary.

On the whole, RANG DE BASANTI will have its share of advocates and adversaries. A well-made film, it caters more to the elite and the thinking viewer than the aam junta or the masses. At the box-office, the business will be clearly divided: The film will do exceptional business at multiplexes, but won�t be as impressive at single screens of certain circuits.

He praises Aamir and co-stars also the direction of Om Prakash still he rates 2.5/5

LOL let me take over the job of reviewing a film :D

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I agree that he has been mediocre in many movie reviews, but dont know why but when he reviews a film to be good and entertaining, most often like it. I have liked (or should I say "LOVED") movies that he has rated pretty poorly (e.g. RDB, Chak De India, etc) but movies which he says good, I have liked them mostly (Dhoom-2, OSO, KANK, etc).

Anyways, have read mixed ones on other sites about Love Aaj Kal. Going confused, which could be good too...:laugh

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
As some of the older members around here would know, Iqbal was the inspiration for Indian Cricket Career. :p

Unlike Iqbal's career, my game has now been shelved for an undetermined amount of time (basically till I write a solid enough engine that I can port to PHP).

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
As some of the older members around here would know, Iqbal was the inspiration for Indian Cricket Career. :p

Unlike Iqbal's career, my game has now been shelved for an undetermined amount of time (basically till I write a solid enough engine that I can port to PHP).
I could help you write one next year, leaving the porting work to you. :p

blazerix

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Wow, Taran Adarsh gave Dil Chahta Hai 2/5.

Users who are viewing this thread