Hockey world cup 2010

Chetan0304

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
The 2010 Hockey World Cup will be the twelfth instalment of the Men's Hockey World Cup. On November 14, 2007, the International Hockey Federation (FIH) announced that the championship would be held in India, taking place over two weeks from Feb 28 to March 13, 2010 at New Delhi's Dhyan Chand National Stadium.

grp.png

59180008.png

31172294.png

plu.png

2010 Men's Hockey World Cup - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Go India :happy

drainpipe32

Chairman of Selectors
Gah, you beat me to it. Carn Kookaburras, can't wait for our clash with the hosts,

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
It was past when we feel that we can be again a world champion but now:facepalm
Hope, we can win Indo Pak match and also qualify for Semifinals.

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Isnt this mostly a women's sport? It is here at least

It is/used to be a pretty big sport in India. We won 8 Olympic gold medals in it but with the astroturf coming in, we could not keep up with the pace of the Europeans and now the Indian and Pakistani sides are struggling in field hockey, and the popularity of the sport has taken a beating here.

Otherwise I`d say its one of the sports which we pride on being good at. I believe it huge in the Netherlands and pretty well followed in places like Germany,Australia and NZ as well.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
With Australia, Spain and Pakistan in our group, its easy to say bye bye India. They have been very very poor in recent past too. Still I will watch all matches if possible as my dad loves hockey and never misses chance to see it on TV.

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
AstroTurf and technology end this game for us, we are still most successful team in this sport ever but lack of management skill put us down and out. This is the reason that we have to play our first ever WC qualification round.

drainpipe32

Chairman of Selectors
India and Pakistan were ace at dribbling, but Astroturf sort of made that invalid, it's more of a power game now.

AS are most modern sports, it seems.

aditya123

National Board President
India and Pakistan were ace at dribbling, but Astroturf sort of made that invalid, it's more of a power game now.

AS are most modern sports, it seems.

Indo-Pak hockey is still fun to watch with all the dribbling in it. Still very skillful but does`nt get us the results against the Aussies, Europeans and the Argentines.

aditya123 added 2 Minutes and 5 Seconds later...

With Australia, Spain and Pakistan in our group, its easy to say bye bye India. They have been very very poor in recent past too. Still I will watch all matches if possible as my dad loves hockey and never misses chance to see it on TV.

India-Pakistan in hockey is really a 50-50 thing. Both teams have been equally woeful in recent years. Our record against the Aussies is pathetic and we`ll have to raise the game to hold our own against them. Hopefully, we`ll have huge home crowds cheering us on.

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Dhak Dhak go..!!
Sehwag promo:
I'm not going to play, rather, sit in stadium and watch the match. I even will put up India flag, and I'll shout India.. India.. I'll bite nails in the tension of game, I'll paint my face with Indian colors. Hockey WC is to commence in India, and I wanna see all the matches of India. I'll be waiting for you to come up. Again give your heart to hockey, Herohonda Dhak Dhak Go..!!
Italics: True Translation.
Rajyavardhan Rathode Promo:
There is no need to show gun to make you watch Hockey. See the glories of Indian Hockey. See the way it took us to heights. Hockey WC is to commence in India and we should support our own India. I support with our any hesitation. You even support. If now, I'll have to click the trigger;).

And Sorry Priyanka Chopra fans, I hate her, So no ad:p

But I say:
I'll wear Indian Jersey with a gun. If you won't turn up, I'll have to handle the trigger. Phir dil do Hockey ko.. Hero Honda Dhak Dhak Go..!!

Common India..... Dhikado..!!

Last edited by a moderator:

aditya123

National Board President
Hero Honda FIH World Cup 2010 | Online Streaming

Thats the link for those who wish to watch this online. I`m really excited actually. Not very often that you get to support India in a big event not about cricket. The Hockey World Cup is one such event and with India in the Davis Cup World Group as well, looking forward to supporting Indian sides in sports other than cricket as well.
Also just remembered that India have also qualified for the Asian Cup Football ( Asia`s version of the EURO Championships).

A long list of events starting now and ending with the AFC Asian Cup Football next year where we get to support our Indian national side.
FIH Hockey WC , Delhi 2010
Davis Cup World Group
ICC WT20 2010, West Indies
Commonwealth Games, Delhi 2010 and the Asian Games 2010
ICC Cricket World Cup 2011
AFC Asian Cup 2011

Thats a lot if you are an Indian sports lover. Not often that we get to watch Indian sides in so many different events in such short span of time.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread