How are you doing in ICC? (any version)

Sureshot

Executive member
Online Cricket Games Owned
As a sister thread to it's Cricket 2007 twin "How are you doing in Cricket 2007?" I thought I'd post one in here for those who don't want to post a story about it but want to tell us how they are doing. It'd be an idea to post which version you are using.

I'm Middlesex and I'm coming up to the end of the season, I've just won the 20-20 beating Derbyshire with Joyce hitting 80 off of 38 balls in the final to win it. Styris was the pick of the bowlers averaging 15 throughout the matches and an eco rate of 6.5, it's the only competition he's done anything in. In the County Championship I look all set for relegation as I just cannot bowl with my best bowler averaging just under 40! And Compton is now injured and he was on fire for me!

Enjoying the challenge but I don't know how to turn it around in FC, time for some radical bowling changes me thinks.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Well, I was playing with Somerset in ICC2005 long time back though! And was very successful in first two seasons.. Read was my most successful bowler in both the seasons. Ervine and Blackwell were in best forms..

In one season, G.Smith/Jayasuriya were threatening like anything and in other season, I signed Hayden/Gilli and they too threatened! In 2007 season, international players went for WCup.. I stopped there and yet to resume :)

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
I'm goiggn great with Derbys, Afridi and Islam have been lethal. And North and Flower have been brilliant too. One of my youth bowlers has gotten selected for England, and my other youths are coming well. Year 2010, ICC 05.

Sureshot

Executive member
Still struggling to take wickets in the County Championship, going to get me a complete overhaul, hopefully I'll be in Division one next season. Might scrape through if I keep drawing plus 4/5 bonus points.

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
I haven't played since my Monty 100,i'm not playing anything till BLIC comes,even FFXII is gathering dust!

Griffo

Chairman of Selectors
Im using Australia and Derbyshire i got off to a good start with derbys but now only one player is performing

australia won the test series and one day series in bangladesh on the way to the ashes

Sureshot

Executive member
Well I finished my season with Middlesex but I lost on the last match of the season to Kent (who were below me and were down anyway) if we'd have won and results stayed as they were we'd have been relegated anyway. Joyce hit back to back centuries vs Kent on a spin friendly pitch, Peploe (my only full time spinner barring Dalrymple) was injured so I had to use seamers. Ali came back and did okay, as did Styris but they had to chase 225 and got there with 5 wickets in hand. We won the 20-20, 2nd in Pro 40 and 3rd in Natwest trophy.

Because of the improved performance my budget was higher, Silverwood and Richardson retired which meant my bowling was very light. I signed no batsman, I gave Smith and Shah new deals though. I got a new keeper called Hughes from the youth set up, he averages over 50 in 2nd XI cricket, also signed and all rounder from the youth set up who averages 55 with the bat and 28 with the ball in 2nd XI cricket, he's a RHB, RFM.

MiddlesexBatting.jpg

I signed Hall from South Africa as one overseas player, the other was a young Aussie called Sellars who at 20 is young but has decent stats and was fairly cheap too. I didn't resign Peploe but I brought in Gratrix who is a decent spinner from the youth set up.

MiddlesexBowling.jpg

I signed Stuart Broad as he popped up, and Jack Read another youngster. Lumet too.

Plenty of new faces, plenty of youth too!

joem87

Club Cricketer
I'm in 2035 and this is my team. (ICC 2005)
I find it hard to lose, haha.

What do you think guys?

2035.jpg

Griffo

Chairman of Selectors
and i bet they cant field as well

jeom87 why does your sig say derbyshire chronicles

joem87

Club Cricketer
Good question, I haven't been on planetcricket for ages, and there was a cricket 2005 thread called the Derbyshire Chronicles which was a story and I was part of it. But that's long gone.
And there's the story of my sig.

Hope that clears it up.

Griffo

Chairman of Selectors
lol welcome back that was quite a story make it a hard cover and you would have a best seller

Dutch..

School Cricketer
Did a restart with Somerset, signed J Kemp and J louw as overseas players (Louw because of a lack of money available)
I won the Challenge Trophy
I was runner-up in the Twenty20 Cup, I lost the final v Kent after a bad bowling performance (195-4), I managed to keep up with the Run Rate until over around over ten when my openers Wood and Francis got out and my innings collapsed to a total of 178-8
At that point I was first in both CC and Pro league division 2, but I have had poor results since then (1 win out of 4 pro league games, 0 wins, 1 draw out of 4 CC games) resulting in running-up in CC and coming 4th in the Pro League, so I'll play second divison next season :(

As you can see I played (the second half of the season, roughly) with 3 bowlers and 4 all-rounders, Wood (c) and Francis opening, Kemp at 3, Durston at 4, Hildreth at 5, Trescothick/Gazzard/Spurway (wk) at 6, Laraman at 7, Louw at 8, Munday (FC) or Phillips (OD) at 9, Johnson and Willoughby

Last edited:

Sureshot

Executive member
Louws terrible isn't he? :D

I hadn't much money left and grabbed an Aussie called Sellars (about 25k iirc) and he's already done more with the ball than Louw did (barring one performance of 6-11 in a OD game vs Ireland).

Users who are viewing this thread